Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2495506 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5700 on: August 15, 2015, 06:15:37 PM »
From the art style swap challenge:
I Can't Believe It's Not Piney!

in addition to imitating the piney style I tried to draw Dat Reynir Face from page 371! I think I failed I captioning the exact expression, but this was a lot of fun
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:17:14 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #5701 on: August 15, 2015, 06:26:17 PM »

in addition to imitating the piney style I tried to draw Dat Reynir Face from page 371! I think I failed I captioning the exact expression, but this was a lot of fun

Even with the caption I was like "PINEY'S ART" for a second
dang
so cool
°u°
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #5702 on: August 15, 2015, 06:29:31 PM »

Oh my gosh! It looks just like a Piney! And I can still see distinct hints of your style too Hiaz! :D (especially in the hair ;)) It's perfect, I love it!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #5703 on: August 15, 2015, 06:35:23 PM »
I think the Y(e)arning for Adventure was created after the Yarncrafters thread so people could enjoy the silly photographs of the yarn teams having adventures without being immersed in the yarn and fabric geekery. I'd say keep the yarn stuff separate from other crafts because it can be highly specialized babble.

I'll leave the yarn threads as is.

Haiz wow!! That looks amazing!! I can't wait to see how everyone else's turn out :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5704 on: August 15, 2015, 07:04:57 PM »
Haiz: This looks amazing!! I must admit, as soon as I saw the list and that you would swap styles with Piney I was REALLY curious to see how it would turn out. Also, you drew it so fast, are you a ninja :o
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5705 on: August 15, 2015, 07:29:55 PM »

Ha, yeah, I didn't even recognize the expression until I saw it on tumblr, and I thought it looked like Reynir was going to use that kitten for his evil plans. And the kitten looks suitably frightened ::)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #5706 on: August 15, 2015, 07:55:14 PM »

He looks so Mischievous!
For a moment, I thought he was supposed to be one of the crew members from The Thing, and I was like, Nooh, Reynir can't die... An SSSS/the thing crossover might be cool, though...
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #5707 on: August 15, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »
Daéa, I gave you my word and here it is, the savable part of my sketchbook... some of this might be, some might not, time will say.

Spoiler: show

...some stuff was way too messed up by the sketches in the other side of the sheet, so they were hard to tell apart in photoshop, so maybe some day I'll redo them into other drawings...
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #5708 on: August 15, 2015, 08:18:20 PM »
Daéa, I gave you my word and here it is, the savable part of my sketchbook... some of this might be, some might not, time will say.

...some stuff was way too messed up by the sketches in the other side of the sheet, so they were hard to tell apart in photoshop, so maybe some day I'll redo them into other drawings...

Ooo, arts! I like!
(that lower-left one is basically how I interact with all my relatives. And I'm not Tuuri. :P)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #5709 on: August 16, 2015, 05:43:03 AM »

These are so good! The Howl crossover!! (so tempted to steal the idea) And your full body Lalli is so... Lalli :D

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5710 on: August 16, 2015, 08:15:21 AM »

Can we talk about the one on the bottom right? You know, where Sigrun is surrounded by fire and her face is just :I. That expression is priceless!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5711 on: August 16, 2015, 08:27:49 AM »
Ha, yeah, I didn't even recognize the expression until I saw it on tumblr, and I thought it looked like Reynir was going to use that kitten for his evil plans. And the kitten looks suitably frightened ::)
after all the dood leording, I don't think it would even surprise anyone... I think I drew the eyebrows too close to his eyes or something, and the posture got a litttle awkward due to me improvising what was outside the panel and so on...

also thank you for your comments : D Yes, I am a ninja. and I think everything I draw looks haizy no matter what I do it's just inevitable

eee these are wonderful! I particularly like the howl crossover that i think I've squealed about before, the hotakainen cousin hug, and the sigrun in the right corner O:
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5712 on: August 16, 2015, 01:01:23 PM »

Yaaay!! *-*
I don't know what my favorite part is, it is all so beautiful!! The Howl crossover, ALL THE LALLIS, the Hotakainen hug, Sigrun being Sigrun, Reynir and Tuuri on the top right... <3
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5713 on: August 16, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »
here are some doodle of die doodles (I dunno how many I posted here last xD)

(Funny I drew this way longer then the new chapter)

Today's doodles:

I might play some more tonight
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #5714 on: August 16, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
Those of you looking to fix your broken links, a wise quote from Sunflower:

The problem with non-working links specifically has to do with our change in forum hosts.  Links *within people's posts/PMs* to other posts/threads that predate our host shift (and change to the ssssforum.com domain) didn't automatically update.

Hopefully this will help a little bit. I will still see if I can try and get a list out sometime next week.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help