Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2496127 times)

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4500 on: June 24, 2015, 10:59:02 PM »
I was wondering how the crew would look like ten years from now, and decided to give it a try.

Emil and Lalli are 29, Reynir is 30, Tuuri is 31, Sigrun is 42 and Mikkel is 44.

I just really wanted to give Reynir a goatee, okay

Daéa, I...I... *sniffle* OH GOD, IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!! *cries anime-ish-ly* I love every one of them!!!!!! They look so happy with how their lives turned out!!!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4501 on: June 25, 2015, 12:39:49 AM »
Daéa Reina, those are charming! I particularly like Reynir with goatee, Lalli with ponytail and without his normal hagridden expression, and Sigrun with scar. Bet there's a story there!

SilentFox, yes, you should write a fic. I would read it!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #4502 on: June 25, 2015, 01:26:25 AM »
Omgggg <333 I love this!
Did Emil's hair like... deflate with age? XD

Looks like he has it cut in layers.

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4503 on: June 25, 2015, 01:55:12 AM »

Emil and Lalli are 29, Reynir is 30, Tuuri is 31, Sigrun is 42 and Mikkel is 44.
EEEEEEE this makes me so happy?? I must admit ponytail!lalli and goatee!reynir are VERY NICE A++, but gosh Tuuri is also really good and aaaaaaaaaa

it also reminds me of that time I drew the crew with beards in dood leordie

......I haven't participated in dood leordie in ages and that's really sad .___. there are just a lot of things happening right now I guess

RTR: that's a very nice austin!sigrun. I think the measles turned out pretty ok except for the face? I, too, have learnt from experience to not use any dark colours to make shadows between the nose and mouth...
you'll know where to find me.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #4504 on: June 25, 2015, 02:00:54 AM »

Reynir tho... the braid. I see Mikkel is completing his transformation into lion. And of COURSE Sigrun has waxed mustaschios.

RTR: that's a very nice austin!sigrun. I think the measles turned out pretty ok except for the face? I, too, have learnt from experience to not use any dark colours to make shadows between the nose and mouth...

Yes, I have learned from this experience. *cries* I was thinking of this post which I had read, which just goes to so that a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:58:23 AM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4505 on: June 25, 2015, 02:06:20 AM »
All this art! 'v' It's all so wonderful *wipes tear from eye*

REYNIR'S GOATEE.
EMIL'S HAIRCUT.
LALLI'S PONYTAIL.
REYNIR'S GOATEE.
TUURI'S LONG HAIR.
MIKKEL. JUST MIKKEL.
SIGRUN'S  S C A R S.
R E Y N I R' S  G O A T E E.

I KNOW! AND L A L L I ' S  P O N Y T A I L. AND HE'S S M I L I N G.  AND REYNIR STILL HAS HIS BRAID OH GOSH. Daéa Reina, your art is fabulous. I'm just going to sit here and ogle your drawings.
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4506 on: June 25, 2015, 04:10:14 AM »

Pfffttt poor Emil but this is really cute! :D Just to think how Tuuri was so looking forward to seeing a tall Swede when she left Finland...

Joining the crowd cheering at you because this is brilliant! Goatee!Reynir! Battle scar!Sigrun! Aaaaaaa my heart...

Me: "You know, I have a lot of things I need to get done so that way I can get to bed at a reasonable time."
Me: "OR."
Me: "I can draw more Austin!Sigrun."

The thing about the 'rainbow measles' technique is that it's really hit-and-miss... I'm afraid that this one's a miss. *sigh*

There's always a reason to draw Sigrun if you look hard enough and usually you don't even have to look that hard. Hit or miss, the rainbow measles technique is brilliant, all the things you can do with just three colours!

I remember when this happened. Reynir's the favourite, a braid in the back and the front? Imagine the possibilities. :D
(they could even be braided together somehow I bet...)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

ButterflyWings

• Retired Moderator
  • Scout
« Reply #4507 on: June 25, 2015, 04:22:46 AM »
Hi,

Has anyone done any troll or giant fan art?
(It could be in the art thread somewhere between 1 and 300 pages).

Would someone be interested in doing some?

I have a few characters I was thinking of writing up, but it would be simply amazing to see as images...

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:34:19 AM by OnButerflyWings »
Speaks some: Finnish, English, Old English, Russian, Dutch, Ancient Greek, Latin, Arabic, German, French, Spanish

W̕e ̀l̵i͠e o̡n bu͏t̡te͘r͞f͟ly҉ ͞win͏gs̸ ìn͝ ̶th́is g͟oss̸ame̵re͡d d̀ecay,͞ ͢st҉ŗi̵n̶g͝s͘ ͝t҉o ͜needles ͠pi͏ęr̨ci̡ng̨ th̀e fles͝h́
Yo̷ù ̨make͘ m͘e ͢st͞r҉i̸p ̨dowń t̷o͘ t͡h̛e͢ bone,͘ t̴h̴en s͟t̕ùm͠ble͘ i̧n my͢ ̕foot́s̡tep̷s ̸seek̨ing ́a̡bs͏o͞lut̛i͠on

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #4508 on: June 25, 2015, 04:56:30 AM »

ponytail Lalli!??? And smiling??? HOW DARE YOU PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT. DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME. -off to draw a million ponytail Lallis never doing anything else again-

I just can't see boring-hair-Emil though. He either gets a buzz cut for Meaningful Reasons, or grows his hair longer - my preferred option, as it would suit an older and more badass Emil. I... might even stop for a second from drawing the million Lallis to draw older Emil. Yes. Yes good.

Best way to recover from a stressful day seems to be painting Sigruns. :Þ
She looks so calm and relaxing/relaxed in watercolor! I bet she's wondering what's for lunch. Is that a blanket over her knees? I can't see her going to bed in her uniform. She's also probably one of those people with high body temperature who never get cold. (I hope my nitpicky comment style is not off-putting. Over-analyzing art is the best, and a sign of appreciation! I can stop if I'm bothering people though.)

I still can't believe Emil is shorter by like 2cm it's my favourite thing
YES. It is also one of my favourite things :D

RandomTexanReader - I love your Austin AU, and I'm not usually into the whole AU business, and know nothing about Austin. Please make more! You're uncovering some extra dimensions to the characters, especially Mikkel. This fandom needs more Mikkel overall, him and Tuuri are such excellent underused characters (guilty as charged).

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4509 on: June 25, 2015, 05:30:21 AM »
She looks so calm and relaxing/relaxed in watercolor! I bet she's wondering what's for lunch. Is that a blanket over her knees? I can't see her going to bed in her uniform. She's also probably one of those people with high body temperature who never get cold. (I hope my nitpicky comment style is not off-putting. Over-analyzing art is the best, and a sign of appreciation! I can stop if I'm bothering people though.)

No way, I love over-analyzing myself! I wasn't putting much thought into the picture to be honest, so the blanket over her legs might be just a random thing that elbowed its way in, or if I look at it with logic in mind it might be there just because it's going to be winter for the crew very soon, and you do get cold if you sit still. I don't think she's going to sleep (lol, here's me trying to explain my own art and finding out I wasn't actually doing very much thinking myself while I painted it, apologies) and though she does sleep with the underthings of her uniform on I don't think she'd keep the coat.

And just because thinking of blankets reminded me of this story I'll have to write it down. In a spoiler cut to avoid clogging the thread with OTish things.

Spoiler: show
When I was a child the only car our family had was a 2CV, a tiny car that was very much not suited for Finnish winters. No heating indoors to name one problem, plus the car itself is just... really leaky. Dad jokes about the ac saying the max is top completely rolled open and no ac is when you're not driving (because soon as the car is moving wind blows right through it).

Whenever we had to go somewhere during winter dad would go start the car, mum would wrap me in blankets besides all the winter clothes that I also had on and I would sit on the backseat like a weird, colourful cocoon. Dad's engineering senses flared up, either because of the daughter-blanket-burrito or because it was really uncomfortable to drive that car when it was cold, so he ended up fashioning a heating system himself using mostly foam mattress that - I guess - directed hot air from the engine through the car. I wish I could describe it better but I only have vague memories of what the system looked like... I just remember one huge foam pipe that I had to be careful not to kick or step on that went the whole length of the car. Apparently it did work though, because blanket cocoons disappeared when the foam pipes appeared.

Btw they still have that car, which is awesome. Nothing kills it except for some flimsy, almost empty plastic trash cans (mum backed into one and dented the side of the car... that's right, our car took on a trash can and lost).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #4510 on: June 25, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »
Thanks for the explanations, Laufey! Actually I think it's better to draw on impulse without overanalyzing, instead of doing it my way which is tweaking every detail to death until I either end up not finishing the drawing at all, or miss all the deadlines thus making the effort useless (and it somehow never results in perfect art, either! Mindboggling.)

Can't wait to see the team dealing with the winter cold, actually ;D And thank you for the story, I'm a sucker for these random daily life memories.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #4511 on: June 25, 2015, 07:54:37 AM »

I still can't believe Emil is shorter by like 2cm it's my favourite thing
:D
It's the best! XD I love the little Lalli head on the left ;_____; it speaks to my soul
Spoiler: show
I sometimes entertain the idea that Emil's height contains 1 inch pure hair volume, and 1 inch sparkle illusion; which is only effective because Emil and Lalli are never standing close to each other long enough for anyone to really notice ;3
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:59:41 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #4512 on: June 25, 2015, 08:40:12 AM »

I can't believe how cute Tuuri looks with a little puffy goatee hahahaha! You've opened my eyes!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4513 on: June 25, 2015, 08:50:31 AM »
Guys guys Mikkel could look like this:

or even this 

and then when it gets long enough
(basically the progression of being in the silent world without a proper hair dresser)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4514 on: June 25, 2015, 09:03:48 AM »
oh wow
i am in pain
this thing took 30+ minutes
its just a head