Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2495677 times)

Sevseres

• Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13650 on: February 06, 2021, 11:55:43 AM »
Thanks everyone! I'm happy it made you happy :emil: And yeah Wolfwalkers is great! All the works of the studio are such gems. Most of them are about irish myths, which I feel are not too far off from the beloved nordic ones. I'd recommend them to anyone but to SSSS lovers even more so :D
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13651 on: February 06, 2021, 06:41:11 PM »
Really cute stuff!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #13652 on: February 07, 2021, 09:12:05 AM »
When I check in here, I can never quite decide if I'm inspired to improve, or depressed at my slow progress. Whatever the case, lots of wonderful art! I'll have to check out Wolfwalkers, it looks very interesting.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Sevseres

« Reply #13653 on: February 07, 2021, 09:54:14 AM »
When I check in here, I can never quite decide if I'm inspired to improve, or depressed at my slow progress. Whatever the case, lots of wonderful art! I'll have to check out Wolfwalkers, it looks very interesting.

Oh I totally feel the dilemma! It seems that it’s always there regardless of how good one’s art gets. I always see artists I basically idolize comparing themselves to other artists and feeling bad as a result. It became obvious to me through seeing these things that it’s always better to try and lean towards the non-depressed side. Making art will be more fun, you’ll get better at art having more fun, and most importantly you’ll feel much better about yourself. The other way is like a bottomless pit. It simply never ends.
Anyway, I hope my blabber can be excused :V But that’s what I think. Take care!  :reynir:

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #13654 on: February 07, 2021, 10:20:11 AM »
When I check in here, I can never quite decide if I'm inspired to improve, or depressed at my slow progress.

Do not be depressed because of slow progress. A while ago I asked myself am I good at drawing? The answer is not really. Next question was is it fun? Answer is a clear yes so I keep ding it.

Whatever the case, lots of wonderful art! I'll have to check out Wolfwalkers, it looks very interesting.

Watched it today. I recommend it.

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #13655 on: February 07, 2021, 01:13:38 PM »
I have heard about the “Wolfwalkers” but haven’t gotten to the point of actually watching it! Their animation seems cute though :)
When I check in here, I can never quite decide if I'm inspired to improve, or depressed at my slow progress. Whatever the case, lots of wonderful art!
It is a very interesting thing, guys, and I can say that one day it will pass. At least, the tension of it will be less. I am sorry, I will be selfish but I used to have this problem until I graduated from Russian art-school. I used to get very upset that I cannot do as good as some of the artists can too, but now it changed to a hope that one day I will be able to do as well as they can. I have caught up skill-wise with some people that I really admired for their art and it made me a little more confident. Sometimes I still get that feeling becoming very strong, that some people draw way better than I do and that is true, because I am not perfect and will never be perfect. But usually it inspires me to practice more.
So, a conclusion, do not allow despair to take you, keep working and one day you will meet your goal. This is advice I can give  ;) :reynir:
Again, sorry for me being so egoistic...  :torbjorn:
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13656 on: February 07, 2021, 01:15:36 PM »
One stays out a few days and surely gets overwhelmed by the art in this thread!  O_O

Wave, I love your drawings! Jar-Jar is great at this role! I'd say that better than at his original role... (even if I'm not among the Jar-Jar haters)

SilverGarnet, great hair! and great colours! and great everything else!

nefnef, briliant and very well done. Seeing the original picture (thanks for the link, Mirasol) makes it even more interesting!

Vulpes, I know exactly how you fell! But as moredhel said, the important here is having fun. :)

Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #13657 on: February 07, 2021, 02:23:06 PM »
Vulpes, I know exactly how you fell! But as moredhel said, the important here is having fun. :)
Indeed it is so, second everyone who supported this idea, forgot to add it to the post before.
A very important aspect of art and creating art  :D
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13658 on: February 07, 2021, 05:42:18 PM »
Looking at all the delightful art here, I continue to be amazed at the depth and range of talent in this fandom! As someone who does not have the talent for making art, all I can do is admire! It is so good to see all of you doing this. And Vulpes, I agree that comparisons are odious - everyone’s talents are different, and are as they are. All one can do is practise, learn from others, and enjoy the making.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sevseres

« Reply #13659 on: February 08, 2021, 10:43:17 AM »
If Reynir doesn't make it to the hairdresser salloon game then what's the point?

I got bored around the lineart part of this so that's why it looks kinda scrappy  :P

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13660 on: February 08, 2021, 10:51:01 AM »
I love it, nefnef! It looks wonderful to me!

That kid hiding beneath Reynir's hair is amazing!
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #13661 on: February 08, 2021, 11:00:55 AM »
Reynir's hair and those three are a match made in heaven, indeed. What's with the tiara? Is it supposed to be an illustration for some AU in which Lalli gets himself one (I can think of at least one off the top of my head)?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 11:15:41 AM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Sevseres

« Reply #13662 on: February 08, 2021, 11:07:49 AM »
thegreyarea Thanks! That kid would be me if I could ever met Reynir haha
Grade E cat I made the sketch with the kids around Reynir and Emil both, imagining Lalli would never join such a game but he maybe could've tolerated a tiara or something  :P Doesn't make sense now with Reynir on focus
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 11:12:23 AM by nefnef »

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #13663 on: February 08, 2021, 12:13:45 PM »
I´m not the only one who still waits for this scene! :)) Your picture is really cute, nefnef!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #13664 on: February 08, 2021, 12:24:12 PM »
That's really cute nefnef, I love it!
Fluent in :us: and :fr: