Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2497446 times)

Temteno

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13065 on: October 22, 2019, 05:23:07 PM »
Your Inktober pieces have always brightened up my day Wavewright and I've enjoyed them a lot. Thanks for making them!  :D

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13066 on: October 22, 2019, 06:21:13 PM »
Wavewright, we are thinking of you. Don’t feel obliged, and take care of yourself. I am impressed that you are even doing this, in the circumstances. **sends comforting hugs**
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13067 on: October 22, 2019, 07:12:24 PM »
Wavewright, we are thinking of you. Don’t feel obliged, and take care of yourself. I am impressed that you are even doing this, in the circumstances. **sends comforting hugs**

*hugs accepted*  Sometimes it's a good diversion to concentrate on a drawing, similar to getting things done at work. 
For most of these, I had a chart worked up about which job went with which prompt, and even though the drama really started back in September, I managed all right on autopilot, even if some of the later ones were a bit unfinished. 
Spoiler: show
Then a final decision was reached on the 20th and my world crumbled.  Even though the breakup is "amicable" at this point and I'm not out on my keister, I'm still going through the classic stages of grief, sometimes in rapid turnover.

Even though the whole series is a bit of black comedy, I can't even muster a bitter laugh just at the moment.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13068 on: October 25, 2019, 11:46:52 PM »
Managed a couple, and have a sketch or two in the works to fill in the ones I missed, will post if/when I have them. 
(Alexa, play 'I Will Survive')

Day 24 - Dizzy
Mikkel got a job at a studio in Mora, painting Dala horses for the growing tourist trade. His painting skills were usually adequate, but the solvents this studio used made him rather dizzy.

Day 25 - Tasty
Mikkel did not disclose to Sigrun that he already *had* had a job as a food taster in Norway. Who knew that he was resistant to this poison, and in fact found it tasty?

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13069 on: October 26, 2019, 12:01:59 AM »
That’s funny! I can just imagine.....
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13070 on: October 31, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »
Last bits of Jobs Mikkel Madsen Has Been Fired From
I may go back and fill in the ones I missed, but maybe not.

Day 20 - Tread
Working at a cattery should have been a doddle for a farm boy like Mikkel. He had the poor fortune to antagonise the apex cat of the facility.  (Pretty tenuous reason to get fired, I’ll admit.)

Day 26 - Dark
One sector of the electric perimeter fence went down in the middle of a summer troll attack. The keen young Danish electrician’s assistant was dispatched, but young Mikkel mistakenly cut power to the whole complex, including the perimeter fence.

Day 27 - Coat
The lady was in no mood to hear Mikkel the tailor tell her that she kept gesturing as he tried to take measurements for this coat. It was also not the last time someone cast aspersions upon the quality of his stitching.

Day 28 - Ride
Mikkel was staffing the children’s pony ride in the park at the edge of town. He used to ‘entertain’ the youngsters with 'true stories’ until he told the (heretofore unruly) mayor’s child about naughty children being compelled to ride outside the fence.

Day 29 - Injured
Mikkel the medic was just as likely to injure the patients as heal them.

Day 30 - Catch
Mikkel really tried to convince the boat owner that kelp was a valuable catch, for the vegetarian market, yeah! (I didn't have a lot of time for detail, just laid it out with the brush pen.)

Day 31 - Ripe
The very first job Mikkel was fired from was delivering milk from his family’s farm. You can’t just shove the canisters into the back shed and call yourself a cheesemaker!

Thanks everybody for bearing with me!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #13071 on: November 01, 2019, 01:36:25 PM »
Hi Wave all of your inktober pieces are amazing, and I'm so glad you posted them here because I didn't manage to catch all of them on Tumblr. No pressure to fill in the days you missed, as much as we'd love to see all your ideas!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #13072 on: November 03, 2019, 04:52:08 PM »
As I mentioned before in this thread, your Inktober pieces have been a delight Wavewright! I think I managed to see all of them in Tumblr and they've always given me a smile :D

I drop here my first serious art piece of Onni (finally). I've been throwing theories around about what will happen and how the Kade will be defeated, so I had to unravel my energy with an art piece related to our recent progress.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #13073 on: November 04, 2019, 04:49:08 PM »
I love your style, Temteno, it's so cool! And poor Onni looks so...resigned.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #13074 on: November 04, 2019, 06:05:03 PM »
*squeal* so much beautiful fan art!!!!! ALL AT ONCE!!!!!! This is the best place ever, I’m so glad I was able to join the Forum
but *cough* anyway, I LOVE the landscape around Onni and the shading! You got his fluffy coat spot on too!!!

And I’m super impressed by your consistency, wavewright!! You’re so persistent with inktober (my favorite so far has been Sigrun and her nettle tea nightmare) it’s so cool!!!
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13075 on: November 04, 2019, 06:07:08 PM »
Wow, Temteno, I am so glad you shared this piece with us - I adore the composition and the palette you used.  Onni's expression is heartbreaking (perhaps more so because he's not wearing a mask *gasp*).

Temteno

« Reply #13076 on: November 04, 2019, 06:15:52 PM »
Thanks for everyone for the kind comments! I'm sweating here because of these nice comments - I'm very grateful!

I'm very glad I succeeded with the Onni's resigned look. That's how I imagine him at least - he is very tired of everything. The only way to save the last bit that is important to him is to defeat Kade. I find Onni's comment to Reynir "No, we will never see again" very ominous, as it has been demonstrated that it's not impossible for Reynir to meet Onni through the dreamworld...

Oh I'm getting angsty here again - better stop before I get too far!

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13077 on: November 05, 2019, 08:20:37 AM »
As I mentioned before in this thread, your Inktober pieces have been a delight Wavewright! I think I managed to see all of them in Tumblr and they've always given me a smile :D

I drop here my first serious art piece of Onni (finally). I've been throwing theories around about what will happen and how the Kade will be defeated, so I had to unravel my energy with an art piece related to our recent progress.

This is so cool!  XoX

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #13078 on: November 05, 2019, 01:46:43 PM »
Whee, these were fun Wave :)

Beautiful painting, Temteo  XoX

there's been quite a few nice art pieces around here likely, that's great ;D
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

LilG

« Reply #13079 on: November 09, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
I have recently read “Tempting Providence”, by Jonathan Thomas. It’s a story based on H. P. Lovecraft’s short story “The Haunter of the Dark” in which Justin, a professional photographer, returns to Providence, the town in which he did his studies to display some of his works and also explore the now modernized town of Providence.

During his stay there he has a few strange encounters with what he thinks is the ghost of H. P. Lovecraft himself. In reality, his longing for the old Providence of Lovecraft’s time, which was still somewhat present during Justin’s studies there, and his admiration for the deceased author are being exploited by an inter dimensional “anglerfish”, which is trying to bait him through its portal by showing him hallucinations of the things/persons he longs for. He eventually figures this out by drawing parallels between the creature from “The Haunter of the Dark” and his own strange experience, hence the correlation between the two stories. I won’t spoil the ending in case you want to read the full story yourself.

The grief of the protagonist for the loss of that which made Providence unique made me remember the grief that Onni is probably still experiencing for the loss of Tuuri and how he probably wishes for her to be back.
I then remembered how the alien from the story is an inter dimensional creature which probably has access to multiple universes, one of them possibly being that of SSSS.
So, considering these two things, let’s just hope that if Onni has a strange encounter with “Tuuri” in the forest, he doesn’t immediately run up to her to give her a big hug :)

Also, the creature isn’t fully described in the story except for the “three-lobed burning eye”, so I took the liberty of designing it based on the web-like hive mind from “Beyond the Aquila Rift”, an episode from the Netflix animated series “Love, Death and Robots.”
Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france: