Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 142772 times)

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »
Curry!

You would ROCK! a young Sigrun!

keep it up!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 07:13:13 PM »
Fimbulvarg said more Braidy-esque expressions, so naturally I'm taking that as an excuse to take more pictures.

Now we're talking.
(It must be even funnier to the Brits/Australians on this forum considering the hand gesture).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:22:11 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »

"These are all my awards!"
"For what?"
"Best Hair, obviousy!"
*Emil slowly crumbles into dust and blows away on the wind*
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
Then some notable out-of-character pictures that may turn out to be in character, depending on who Braidy even is:

Headcanons accepted.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 08:36:36 PM »
(But I want the little flares that I can rip off my belt and throw at things! Also I thought it might be funny to recreate my avatar, sans-flame.)

I think repostibg is fine - wouldn't the old posts show up before the current posts anyway?

You should be able to make the flares with white and black paper and glue. Cut the white and black paper in strips as wide as the flares are supposed to be long. Maybe slightly wider. Roll the white on a thin wooden dowel rod (bamboo skewers work well). When you reach the end of the strip of paper glue the next strip to the end and continue rolling until it is as thick as you want it. Make the white core then the black layer then the white layer. Then cut some thinner strips to make the black bands and glue and roll them on. The outer band you want to glue completely down. You may want to make a solution half white glue and half water and dip the strips in it and then roll them on. Let dry for about a day. Trim ends if necessary. if they want to unroll you may have to use rubber bands or tie them shut with yarn but not so tightly that it makes them dimple.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 08:58:34 PM »
Can we not split threads anymore?  The beginning of this thread has so little context, and now there's a gap in the art thread.  Can we please just make threads like normal from now on?

Everyone's cosplays are lovely. :)  Curry, I agree with Lars, you could rock a young Siggy.
Feel free to PM.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 09:14:03 PM »
Can we not split threads anymore?  The beginning of this thread has so little context, and now there's a gap in the art thread.  Can we please just make threads like normal from now on?

Well, Solovei suggested moving her Emil-hairdo posts from the SSSS Art Gallery thread to here, and I agreed. 

But going forward, all right.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 09:17:46 PM »
Fimbulvarg said more Braidy-esque expressions, so naturally I'm taking that as an excuse to take more pictures.

And I'm pretty sure he's just going to be stuck with forever-undudeness unless some intrepid male cosplayer decides to help us out here (unsubtle hint)

Don't ever stop with teh cuteness! 
And what are all those ribbons for? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 09:39:18 PM »
You should be able to make the flares with white and black paper and glue. Cut the white and black paper in strips as wide as the flares are supposed to be long. Maybe slightly wider. Roll the white on a thin wooden dowel rod (bamboo skewers work well). When you reach the end of the strip of paper glue the next strip to the end and continue rolling until it is as thick as you want it. Make the white core then the black layer then the white layer. Then cut some thinner strips to make the black bands and glue and roll them on. The outer band you want to glue completely down. You may want to make a solution half white glue and half water and dip the strips in it and then roll them on. Let dry for about a day. Trim ends if necessary. if they want to unroll you may have to use rubber bands or tie them shut with yarn but not so tightly that it makes them dimple.

Oh, no, I don't have problems with making the props, just the clothes (because I can't sew)! I already have an idea on how to make the flares, but thanks anyway.

Well, Solovei suggested moving her Emil-hairdo posts from the SSSS Art Gallery thread to here, and I agreed. 

But going forward, all right.

Well, I did point out that the moved post would go to the top of the thread, but nobody listened to me. >:/
Gwenno reposted, so I thought reposting would be fine. (I do hate split threads myself)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:44:04 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 10:11:57 PM »
Oh... sorry ._.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2015, 10:13:53 PM »
Well, there's probably some sort of Best Practices for Content Curation that I overlooked in my eagerness for a chance to split threads. 

I'll post the issue over on the Forum board so we can get an official answer on how to handle this sort of thing next time.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »
I end up doing this ridiculous stuff every time I cosplay. If you look through my cosplay pictures you see like 2 good ones and then 1500 weird faces.

By the way, thank both of you! I can't wait to start on Sigrun (and get a better wig for Braidy...)

Don't ever stop with teh cuteness! 
And what are all those ribbons for? 

I ride horses and show a bit and have a talent for accumulating big ribbons when I do so :0 (Although I can definitely pretend they're Best Hair awards.)
YEET

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2015, 10:48:54 PM »
Sigrun!

MOST BEST!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 03:16:42 AM »
Oh, no, I don't have problems with making the props, just the clothes (because I can't sew)! I already have an idea on how to make the flares, but thanks anyway.

Well, I did point out that the moved post would go to the top of the thread, but nobody listened to me. >:/
Gwenno reposted, so I thought reposting would be fine. (I do hate split threads myself)

Well I figured out how to make Braidy's dream coat from fabric. Haven't made a prototype yet to see if I am right.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 08:43:50 AM »
I ride horses and show a bit and have a talent for accumulating big ribbons when I do so :0 (Although I can definitely pretend they're Best Hair awards.)
Out of interest, are beauty pageants a thing at horse shows (like they are on dog or cat ones)? Or do they rather focus on the trade/race/dressage/etc. aspects?

[Haz no experience with animals beyond microfauna, pests and the occasional cow-orker's dog visiting the office]
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15