Author Topic: SSSS Character Smackdown - Statistics  (Read 2637 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
SSSS Character Smackdown - Statistics
« on: August 28, 2023, 02:44:18 AM »

Yee-haaa, I get to slice and dice the data from these polls. Which I will, as polls close.
Mind you, I am duplicating these polls on tumblr, too, and staggering those offset by a day or so, so results of any given bracket will not be posted within a day of closing here.

So, sit tight, folks, your ever-lovin' mod will keep you posted when she can.

Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
Re: SSSS Character Smackdown - Statistics
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 03:47:03 AM »
Your mod thinks her router is in here somewhere. Please stand by.

(Actually, I know the router is in the black backpack. What I have just learnt is this apartment's connection box is tucked behind a little cupboard, accessible by moving out the fridge.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 03:01:42 AM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 08:31:50 AM »
Oh, boy. Good luck with all that sorting!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 10:15:00 AM »
Your mod thinks her router is in here somewhere. Please stand by.
Well, mine is bolted to a wall, a hand span from the ceiling and the frame of my place's most central door ... ;D

(... because it's also the WiFi AP ... with WiFi later turned off, once I had RJ45 cabling set up ... ::) )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 03:55:15 PM »
mine is in the cellar (all of the telephony/cable/power comes in there). We have two repeaters.  (One in the bedroom and one in the upstairs office..Covers the house and the deck :) )

The house was wired with CAT V after a fire and the walls were exposed...
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 04:50:34 AM »
Gods & m0nSTeRs Round 1!

Overall notes - These totals are combined from the Forum and Tumblr.  A learning experience - I thought the Forum polls wouldn't accept more votes after polls closed (like they behave on tumblr).  I was wrong, and in a couple of cases the 'winner' had fewer votes!  Now I know to lock the results when polls close.  It only made a material difference in one case.
Winners in gold:

Notoros v Troll House - a resounding victory for the little ankle-biters (along with any fOoD they can get) - 41 to 5 - the largest margin.

FloorTroll v Handsy Moose - 9 to 32, a 'handy' victory?

Leaftroll v Hilja - a toughie - 19 v 24. Closer than you reckon - the Forum result declared Leaftroll the winner.  4-5 more votes were likely cast after the poll officially closed, throwing the margin into doubt. On tumblr, Hilja won by one vote, so it looks like it Hilja got this one past the sentry.  But, the mod has the last say, so let's throw them BOTH back in for another round!

Tooth Scary v Surma - 26 to 18 - while our ugly ceiling lurker won easily in the Forum result, it was much closer in the tumblr poll, which had Surma taking the lead until a late surge of support and a one-vote margin for Tooth Scary.

Tuomas the Tank Engine v The Swan of Tuonela - 10 to 39, no contest there

Chthulhund v Kauoinen - 42 to 17 - our valiant mama bear had her proponents, but we  <3 our Spider Dog.

Sleipnope v Bladderbarbies - 38 v 8, carnage as far as those little eyes on stalks can see.

Pastor Anne v Kokko - 28 to 21 - another nail-biter in the tumblr result, with the lead shifting a few times but this time it was Pastor Anne provided the baked goods, for the win.

The Dream Sea Serpent v Speedy McSplorp - 32 to 9 - while the acid-pustule troll made a big splash, it was barely a ripple to our big nasty.

Let's wave good-bye to our challengers, and look forward to Round 2!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 04:54:31 AM by wavewright62 »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 05:42:13 AM »
Minor characters Round 1 stats!

Gunnar v Mauri Möttönen - 27 to 16 - poor Mauri knows how to say 'defeat' in all of the Known World languages.

Agneta v Headmistress of the Seiđkona Academy - 38 to 4 - she probably doesn't feel very appreciated herself, eh?  A right trouncing by the no-nonsense Agneta in the widest margin in this round.

No-Hands v Tapsa the Cat-Man - 20 to 41 - the largest vote count to date, and more proof that this fandom cannot resist cats, especially valiant ones. 

Bæjarblaðið reporter Rakel v Nordic Council official - 33 to 16 - a much closer vote on the Forum than on tumblr.

Capt. Ása Harðardóttir v Mme Stine - 36 to 8 - a tidy result, please and thank you, harpooning our conspiracy theorist with her knitting needles.

Admiral Olsen v Björköfärden Station attendant - 33 to 3 - a clean sweep in the Forum voting for the shouty one.

Spot 24 Medic Corpse v the Cat-Tank - 6 to 34 - I'm a little stunned this wasn't a complete shut-out, really.  Emil's 'not crying' versus Emil's face cancer, maybe?

Väinö Väänänen v Emil's nanny - 39 to 9 - the power of a thousand ...39 votes.  While garnering nil votes in the Forum, Emil's nanny drew out even the one who named her Sofia, Windfighter, and others in the tumblr community. 

Round 2 in this bracket will get loaded in a few days.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2023, 05:30:11 AM »
Last of the Round 1 results - All in the Family bracket

Tuulikki Hotakainen v Veeti Hollola - 24 to 17 - I mean, we all wanted to squish wee Lalli, did we not?

Árni Reynisson v Ulf & Elvira Västerström - 34 to 3 - Árni has written an acceptance speech, "Dear fans, how are you? I am fine. I just wanted to s"Thankyouverymuch, Árni! *ahem*

Bjarni Árnason v Michael Madsen (Mikkel's twin) - 26 to 19 - like the battle between Leaftroll & Hilja, Michael was declared the winner at the end of the Forum voting, but Bjarni garnered at least 4 more votes after the poll officially closed.  However, the tumblr vote went decidedly Bjarni's way, so now he knows what victory looks like.

Signe Sørensen v Aksel Eide - 33 to 13 - even with 2 'can't decide' votes, the margin was so overwhelmingly for Signe on the Forum.

the Terrible Trio v Michael Madsen (Prologue) - 20 to 19 - this was a tie in tumblr and only a snip of 1 vote margin here.  Thus ends the hope of both Michael Madsens.

Mia Västerström v Kaino Hotakainen - 14 to 25 - at least Kaino will have more of a story here than in canon?

Sigríður Jónsdóttir v Berit Eide - 11 to 30 - whoa, a complete shut-out here on the Forum!

Tuuli Hollola v Asbjørn & Solveig Eide - 13 to 22 - Tuuli possibly got a late vote or two, because the Forum said the Generals Eide won, as well as winning handily on tumblr.

Magnus (the cat) v Reynir's fylgja - 10 to 19 - the battle of the cuties, with 3 'can't decide' votes

Guðrun Árnasdóttir v Saku Hotakainen - 10 to 50 - Holy smokes, we love a sad sack Hotakainen!

Sigrun Larsen v Ukko-Pekka - 31 to 17 - another case of the Forum winner at poll closing getting dunked by late voting, but Sigrun Larsen had a 2:1 margin on tumblr, so, yeah, sorry dude whoever you really were.  (Possibly a harbinger of how the polling is going to go once her namesake enteres the fray?)

Ensi Hotakainen v Ingrid Pedersen & Gøran Anderson - 45 to 4 - by far the biggest margin!  I admit I set up an easy one there.

Jukka & Juha Hotakainen v Ragnar Árnason - 24 to 14 - the hair was indeed epic, but the twins won this one.

Aino Hotakainen v Frida Eide - 40 to 8 - so far, if the name is Hotakainen, the character is a winner (see, Ukko-Pekka, if you'd hung around & taken the name Hotakainen, you'd'a bin a contender).  We shall see what happens in later rounds!

Whew!  Round 2 will be coming soon for these families, sit tight.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 05:32:49 AM by wavewright62 »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 03:08:16 AM »
Round 2 - Gods & m0nSTeRs results!

Dream Sea Serpent v Chthulhund - 45 to 56 - people really got behind this bout, bringing out the biggest vote count of the round, and much closer on tumblr than the Forum.

Handsy Moose v Leaftroll - 32 to 23 - once again a close bout for the little troll that could - only one vote in it on the Forum, but more decisive on tumblr.

Notoros v Tooth Scary - 36 to 32 - tumblr and the Forum disagreed on this one! The ceiling monster won on tumblr, but the notoros had a stronger fan base on the Forum.

Swan of Tuonela v Pastor Anne - 36 to 30 - another bout where the Forum and tumblr disagreed, with Pastor Anne set to ascend in the Forum voting but missing out to The Swan's fanbase on tumblr.

Sleipnope v Hilja - 56 to 6 - ouch, what a margin!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2023, 05:47:31 AM »
Round 2 results - both for the Minor Characters bracket and All in the Family

Väinö Väänänen v Admiral Olsen - 32 to 11 - another step in reaching the top of the pecking order for our seagull mage?

Gunnar the Good Friend v Tapsa the Cat Man - 14 to 19 - a late surge in voting gave Gunnar a narrow edge on tumblr, but we wish our cat whisperer luck in the next round

Capt. Ása Harðardóttir v Agneta - 19 to 27 - Agneta emerges in fighting trim for her next round

The Cat-Tank v Bæjarblaðið reporter Rakel - 65 to 11 - your adaptability was impressive, Rakel, but the Cat-Tank is the little vehicle that could, in the contest that garnered the most votes and the largest margin!

Bjarni Árnason v Jukka & Juha Hotakainen - 24 to 10 - two against one, but still decided by a more than two-to-one margin - against them

Berit Eide v Aino Hotakainen - 32 to 2 - ouch! One lone vote for Aino on the Forum and tumblr, but otherwise all Berit's way

Signe Sørensen v Tuulikki Hotakainen - 49 to 21 - a lot of support for Tuulikki's endearments on tumblr, but still a clear victory for the wise-cracking boat servant

Árni Reynisson v Saku Hotakainen - 15 to 21 - a tie on the Forum, but Saku had the edge on tumblr

Sigrun Larsen v the Terrible Trio - 12 to 22 - only a little lop-sided, but maybe Håkan could snip a little more against their next opponent?

Kaino Hotakainen v Reynir's fylgja - 2 to 33 - like her sister, Kaino only had 1 vote from tumblr and the Forum, and the fylgja can rest assured he did indeed do good, on this round anyway

Ensi Hotakainen v Asbjørn & Solveig Eide - 33 to 4 - once again, two against one was not a fair fight!

Join us soon for Round 3 - the Melee Round, where the winners from the first 2 rounds get pitted against each other, to decide who goes up against The Crew!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2023, 04:30:05 PM »
Round 3 - Melee Round Results

Agneta v Bjarni Árnason v Trond Andersen - 16 to 9 to 24 - I threw the HQ crew into this round, and Trond schemed his way to the top

Tapsa the Cat Man v Chthulhund - 21 to 41 - the sad pooch defeated the cats in a two-to-one margin on tumblr

Reynir's fylgja v Väinö Väänänen v Taru Hollola - 18 to 24 to 6 - while the fylgja managed to pip our seagull mage by one vote on tumblr, it was not enough to counterbalance the strong lead Väinö had on the Forum

Sleipnope v Signe Sørensen - 16 to 25 - once again, the fearsome foe was defeated by a woman who always knows the right thing to say

The Swan of Tuonela v Berit Eide - 28 to 22 - time is on the Swan's side once again

The Cat-Tank v Saku Hotakainen v Siv Västerström - 27 to 10 to 5 - the little vehicle that almost could makes it into the next round

Handsy Moose v the Terrible Trio v Torbjörn Västerström - 17 to 19 to 7 - a close result, where the Forum and tumblr disagreed on their favourite (ouch, a big fat 0 for Torbjörn in the Forum) - sorry, daddy, but your kids are taking this one forward

Ensi Hotakainen v Notoros - 39 to 15 - to be honest, I expected this one to be close, but I was wrong

Next round - the Group of 16, where these victorious characters meet the crew for the first time!  Will any of them make it forward to the quarter-finals?  That's up to you to decide!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 07:27:25 PM by wavewright62 »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2023, 05:19:13 AM »
Group of 16 - Results

Tuuri Hotakainen v the Terrible Västerström Trio - 37 to 4 - don't ever call her fat, got it?

The Cat-Tank v Mikkel Madsen - 14 to 30 - Mikkel cleaned up this one, all right

Sigrun Eide v Väinö Väänänen - 51 to 9 - our widest margin on tumblr and overall, truly the most best captain

Swan of Tuonela v Reynir Árnason - 16 to 48 - our largest vote count, Reynir completely dunked the Swan - it's probably a very good thing that the Swan would not have to contend with collecting Reynir when the time comes

Emil Västerström v Chthulhund - 37 to 5 - the hound did valiantly acquiesce to Emil here as she did in the comic

Trond Andersen v Lalli Hotakainen - 6 to 48 - the widest margin on the Forum, with only one vote for poor old Trond

Kitty (etc) v Ensi Hotakainen - 27 to 22 - our closest margin, with only one vote difference on the Forum and not much wider on tumblr!  (Perhaps if I'd found a picture of Ensi with cat ears, she would have won?)

Signe Sørensen v Onni Hotakainen - 9 to 22 - quite close on the Forum (6 to 8 ) but Onni threw Signe overboard on tumblr

I kinda sorta expected this, but ... every single member of the Crew has advanced, and absolutely none of the characters we spent all of September picking over is going forward.  Am I disappointed by this? Naaaaah

Next come the Quarterfinals - you will have to choose between crew members, no help for it!  Who will face whom?

edit: thanks JoB for the correction!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 06:01:56 PM by wavewright62 »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2023, 08:03:22 AM »
Signe Sørensen v Onni Hotakainen - 22 to 9
(It's the numbers that are the wrong way 'round, aren't they ... ?)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2023, 05:57:18 PM »
(It's the numbers that are the wrong way 'round, aren't they ... ?)

Meep, yes they are, thanks

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2023, 03:07:28 AM »
The quarterfinals have wrapped and we have the results of who will advance to the semi-final round.

Onni Hotakainen v Emil Västerström - 55 to 63 - sooo close!  We had early voting in for Onni with a strong lead, then rebound for Emil leading to a tie on the Forum (broken for Emil only in the last few days) and strong voting both ways on tumblr, to this exciting finish with the highest vote count yet in this tournament!  Onni now has allergies and cannot comment.

Mikkel Madsen v Tuuri Hotakainen - 47 to 32 - Mikkel established a strong lead in the early voting.  Tuuri had a late surge in support, but it wasn't enough to surpass Mikkel.  I will refrain from making crass comments about Tuuri's sorrows.

Kitty v Sigrun Eide - 27 to 53 - while Kitty had her supporters, our most best captain led from the start and finished with a tidy 2:1 margin. 

Lalli Hotakainen v Reynir Árnason - 82 to 27 - ouch!  To quote tumblr user x-i-l-verify, "Reynir will absolutely lose because this is tumblr and tumblr does love their neurodivergent feral catboy rep, but I'm throwing my hat in the ring for him anyway dammit".  It isn't just tumblr, folks, Lalli took this one by a stunning 3:1 margin all around!

So stay tuned, good folks, this one is heading into the semi-finals shortly.