Author Topic: Big Tenth - Planning and Organization for SSSS' Tenth Anniversary  (Read 2304 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Big Tenth - Planning and Organization for SSSS' Tenth Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2023, 08:42:52 PM »
I forgot to post that the members of the wider family now have their first round in progress - but most of you have already figureds that out.

I should have stats on the Gods & Monsters round this weekend, including which ones will advance to the next round.

Never fear, the crew & HQ will get their chance, too, although I am planning on introducing them against the Round 2 or 3 winners, rather than eliminating them against each other this soon in the piece. 

Please comment - good idea? Or make them duke it out in their own bracket first?  It's a smaller bracket to start with.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2023, 09:35:40 AM »
I forgot to post that the members of the wider family now have their first round in progress - but most of you have already figureds that out.

I should have stats on the Gods & Monsters round this weekend, including which ones will advance to the next round.

Never fear, the crew & HQ will get their chance, too, although I am planning on introducing them against the Round 2 or 3 winners, rather than eliminating them against each other this soon in the piece. 

Please comment - good idea? Or make them duke it out in their own bracket first?  It's a smaller bracket to start with.

I can't see us having them duke it our first.  We'd vote for our team members if they went against anything..and voting against them head to head would be hard for me to decide..
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2023, 04:14:12 PM »
Suggestions that I've come up with include an extension of YoinkTober along themes of 10

I´m a little bit lost as to what is happening right now (just returned from vacation, what month is it? xD), but I heard YoinkTober in here so you have my attention.

Are we voting for favorite characters? I read this thread and had a look at the new board but I´m still a little confused... Was there some announcement post or something you could point me to?

Spoiler: show
Also please stop me if I´m annoying you with YoinkTober... ;_;
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2023, 04:28:07 PM »
Mirasol, each new thread on the child board is a poll, where you choose which of two alternatives you prefer. The first ones are closed now, but there’s lot to vote now and in the coming weeks!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2023, 04:54:31 PM »
Yes, indeedy-do - Round 2 of Gods & m0nSTeRs is up, and I'll be queueing up Round 2 of Minor Characters soon!

And have no fear all, I envision an occasion where we will be left with our valiant crew pitted against one another (and I will be as hard-pressed as the rest of you how to vote)!  Emil v Lalli in the Final? Sigrun v Lalli? Onni v Tuuri? Mikkel v Reynir? *shudder*

Orrrr,...will the likes of Sleipnope or the Cat-Tank advance to the final rounds, trouncing the crew to get there?

Edit:  heya, Round 2 of Minor Characters is up, too!. muhuHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 03:20:39 AM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2023, 03:12:02 PM »
Sounds fun, I´ll check it out! :)

Will prologue-characters also be a category? Or are they under minor characters?

EDIT: Maybe I should read the threads first before opening my mouth and see that they have a poll-category...  :-[
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 03:36:46 PM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2023, 07:10:47 PM »
Sounds fun, I´ll check it out! :)

Will prologue-characters also be a category? Or are they under minor characters?

EDIT: Maybe I should read the threads first before opening my mouth and see that they have a poll-category...  :-[

Many of the Prologue characters fall within the All in the Family bracket - Round 2 for that is going to drop this weekend!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2023, 02:38:02 AM »
The polling contnues, but after Round 2, all of the bracket winners get thrown into the Round 3 - Group of 16 to determine which 8 will go up against THE CREW, woot!

NB - I can't make the numbers work to include the HQ Quartet, I goofed a bit with the initial planning.  Is anybody really sad, waiting for your chance to vote for Siv, Taru, Trond or Torbjorn?  Should I run some 3-way polls amongst Round 3? What do you think?

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2023, 03:31:43 PM »
Is anybody really sad, waiting for your chance to vote for Siv, Taru, Trond or Torbjorn?  Should I run some 3-way polls amongst Round 3? What do you think?
They're organizers who opted to physically stay away from the battlegrounds, acting out of the background, and pretty shady ones at that. I say that for every round starting with #3, take (whatever's left of) The Quartet and assign each of them to a random "normal" survivor going into that round for a tag team.
(Yes, that includes pairing them with grosslings - c'mon, Siv, that's not too far from your former job - and, by chance, assigning several of them to the same grossling / main character, for extra unfairness. >:D )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2023, 05:04:08 PM »
Oh heck it's been that long? I was just re-reading the comic and noticed LooNEY_DAC's comment and had to come take a look at the forum after a loooooong while, it's nice to be back (to lurk lol)! 

I think I'll make some fanart for the occasion, it's been an equally long time since I've done that :D
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2023, 08:28:41 PM »
pssst YoinkTober prompt list coming out soooon

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2023, 08:33:21 PM »
... I say that for every round starting with #3, take (whatever's left of) The Quartet and assign each of them to a random "normal" survivor going into that round for a tag team.
(Yes, that includes pairing them with grosslings - c'mon, Siv, that's not too far from your former job - and, by chance, assigning several of them to the same grossling / main character, for extra unfairness. >:D )

I like your thinking, my good sir.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2023, 09:26:46 PM »

10 days out from 1 October - YoinkTober prompt list has dropped, all on the theme of 10!

See y'all on 1 October!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2023, 11:29:05 PM »
They're organizers who opted to physically stay away from the battlegrounds, acting out of the background, and pretty shady ones at that. I say that for every round starting with #3, take (whatever's left of) The Quartet and assign each of them to a random "normal" survivor going into that round for a tag team.

As per your suggestion, I have sprinkled the 4 HQ personnel into the Melee Round as a 3rd option. In the early polling, most of them are getting the odd vote, and as at this writing Trond is actually leading his.  So it's possible at least one of them will advance to the Group of 16 round against the crew.

Bippity Boppity Boop

• Call me Boop!!
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2023, 03:44:43 PM »
Heya, just out of curiosity, do y'all have any plans for November First? I perused the threads in the board but there is a lot of content and I didn't want to read all of it.
Call me Boop!