Author Topic: Music that fits SSSS?  (Read 71016 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Music that fits SSSS?
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »
Thank you, Haiz!

I took these playlists on Tumblr =)
oh, thanks I guess! I had already posted them on my tumblr but I do not say no to more exposure ahaha
you'll know where to find me.

jay

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2015, 05:36:47 PM »
I'm a relatively new reader (I read the beginning of the prologue shortly after the comic started though, and decided to not follow along right away but to revisit the comic later).
I'm in Chapter Four right now, and have been listening to The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensembles From The Stairwell (x) and The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporations Doomjazz Future Corpses! (it is almost the same band, only different aliases) for the last roughly two hours. I find it fits the comic very well.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:47:41 PM by jay »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »
I'm a relatively new reader (I read the beginning of the prologue shortly after the comic started though, and decided to not follow along right away but to revisit the comic later).

I'm in Chapter Four right now, and have been listening to The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensembles All is One and The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporations Doomjazz Future Corpses! (it is almost the same band, only different aliases) for the last roughly two hours. I find it fits the comic very well.

Wow, the band names are intriguing.  I'll look them up right now. 
Welcome to the fandom.  I will admit, I found the prologue slow going myself, and didn't get back into the comic till the middle of Chapter 2. 

A couple of requests:
1) Would you consider editing your post to add links to the music you recommend?
2) How about introducing yourself in the Introduction Thread?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:34:06 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

jay

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2015, 06:57:17 PM »
1) Their bandcamp page seems to have paid its debt to nature. I added a soundcloud link but I can not guarantee for it (could not try since soundcloud does not like me).
Here is some more from them, from different albums though.
2) I may do it at another time. It is past midnight here.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:10:11 PM by jay »

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2015, 10:34:26 PM »
I was thinking hard about if I knew some music that could fit SSSS and then I remembered Tuomas Holopainen – The Life And Times Of Scrooge (spotify link to album). It's based on The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck by Don Rosa (such a great comic) and it's just a perfect soundtrack for an epic adventure.

Here are a couple of youtube links:

1) Their bandcamp page seems to have paid its debt to nature. I added a soundcloud link but I can not guarantee for it (could not try since soundcloud does not like me).
Here is some more from them, from different albums though.
2) I may do it at another time. It is past midnight here.
Oooh, that reminded me of a song I heard some years ago by a band called Bohren and der club of gore which is also a "darkjazz" band I think. I want to check out that genre again now.
Pretentious? Moi?

jay

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2015, 05:20:28 PM »
Chapter 6: Bonobo - Animal Magic

I normally listen to rap mostly, but it would distract too much from this great comic. I think I have a great hand picking music in advance for this. ;)

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2015, 10:10:22 PM »
Has it been discussed what music would fit any character's personality? I mean, what music would Lalli like if he had access to our contemporary music archives? And Tuuri? Mikkel? Everybody?

I don't know why, but I can't help imagining Lalli with a huge headset, ecstatically listening to Radiohead... or Sigur Rós... or The National, Sufjan Stevens, Alt-J, Arcade Fire, Talk Talk, Steven Wilson...

Tuuri, on the other side... more like pop? k-pop, like SUJU or EXO, and Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Bastille?... but she might have her Lana del Rey moments too...

Mikkel? Mmmmh...  Johnny Cash... Led Zeppelin, Rush, Genesis, Pink Floyd? Well, that's what I see him liking, at least. And something cheeky and punk too.. The Clash? Sex Pistols? You're free to contradict me.

Sigrun...eeeeh, dunno, what could fit an adrenaline lover like her? Classic heavy metal, of course: Twisted Sisters, Iron Maiden, AC DC, and maybe Kiss for working hours, but Royksöpp, Jamiroquai, Django django, for the relaxed days haha.. and something grandiose and epic too, like Woodkid (before battles) or Imagine Dragons.

Emil is hard haha... someone as worried about everybody else's opinion, I think he would like the trendy music (whatever it might be in Y90).  maybe I'd add someone that idolizes himself... like Kanye West, yeah, he could suit Emil. Or rappers that talk about success and making it to the top, that fits his own aspirations. But it's hard for me to imagine what could reside in the true core of his musical taste. Oh... oh wait... got it...
Spoiler: show
 ABBA... he wouldn't be a proud swede if he didn't like ABBA

Spoiler: show
Haha, I'm kidding, but then, is there anybody that doesn't secretly like ABBA even a teeny tiny bit, in the darkest part of their soul?

Oh my goodness, I was forgetting Reynir!!! My poor sweet child! I don't know why, but if anybody here is familiar to El Mago de Öz I think it would suit him(at least the more lyrical albums). And Sigur Rós, Yann Tiersen, The Magnetic Fields, Passenger, and Mac DeMarco (don't ask me why).

Every statement made here is exclusively my personal opinion, only I am to be held responsible for it hahaha
I'd love to know what would you add or take!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2015, 10:40:24 PM »
Interesting idea.

Sigrun: maybe Sousa marches? Heavy metal? Inkubus Sukkubus? Korpiklaani?
Mikkel: Johnny Cash, especially the later stuff? Eric Bogle? Phil Day? Classical?
Reynir: Judith Crossley, especially the maritime stuff? Ar Log? Dowland? Leonard Cohen?
Lalli: Tony O'Connor's music, can't think of anything else that would suit him so well, with the wind and birdsong and water noises merging into classical symphony.

Can't think what would suit the others.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2015, 04:38:53 AM »
Has it been discussed what music would fit any character's personality? I mean, what music would Lalli like if he had access to our contemporary music archives? And Tuuri? Mikkel? Everybody?
Six characters, two mentions of Sigur Rós... ::)
When one of my friends began to read, she told me she "had" to listen to their music while reading ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2015, 10:05:31 AM »
Six characters, two mentions of Sigur Rós... ::)
When one of my friends began to read, she told me she "had" to listen to their music while reading ^^

Mikkel probabably listens to some classic stuff like The Plasmatics or Bratmobile when he's alone, and then switches to Mozart when he's with other people.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2015, 06:02:06 PM »
My friend shared this with me this evening. I think it fits Emil very well. (Actually, from 0:50)

Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Mélusine

« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2015, 06:11:24 PM »
My friend shared this with me this evening. I think it fits Emil very well. (Actually, from 0:50)
Song accepted for me :) We don't have enough for Emil. And Mikkel. And Tuuri.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2015, 06:14:46 PM »
Definitely! Garrett is great. And has a suitable attitude.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2015, 06:57:14 PM »
Song accepted for me :) We don't have enough for Emil. And Mikkel. And Tuuri.

I am working on it =)

Definitely! Garrett is great. And has a suitable attitude.

I hope one day I can visit his concert.

Antillanka, thanks for Sigur Rós! Really liked it!
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Mélusine

« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2015, 07:15:05 PM »
Antillanka, thanks for Sigur Rós! Really liked it!
*Calls Piney, Vi, KauniitaUnia, Yuuago and the others Sigur Rós music's lovers* We may have an other fan here ! :D