Author Topic: Music that fits SSSS?  (Read 71127 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Music that fits SSSS?
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2015, 10:15:52 PM »
One thing that just struck me as appropriate for Reynir currently (page 322 add 323)

/>
"Let me be weak. Let me sleep. And dream of sheep."
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2015, 10:34:04 PM »
Probably not entirely relevant, but possibly the best decision of my life and I must share this.
Go to this video, and mute it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxhNWYTUiQQ (Imagine it's Sigrun dancing this, okay?)
Now, in a second tab, play this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ILbUduwBkg
I am so happy.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2015, 01:19:59 AM »
Probably not entirely relevant, but possibly the best decision of my life and I must share this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxhNWYTUiQQ (Imagine it's Sigrun dancing this, okay?)
I am so happy.

And so am I.

Back in the early days of this Forum, some talented person did an animation of Sigrun doing the hallingdans, based on motion-capture from a similar video.  We speculated about who'd be holding the stick with the hat (or rather, the troll-head) for her to kick, and decided only Emil was pretty enough. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2015, 02:55:49 AM »
I am so happy.

This is amazing, thank you ;) I think it pretty much made my morning actually...
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2015, 05:45:05 AM »
A general theme for the Silent Lands.
Öresundsbro decontamination facility.
Spot 24. The part after 1:40 fits especially well - 1:45 is approximately page 249, 2:02 is when Sigrun, Lalli and Emil notice the dripping from the vent shafts and split up, 2:45 is the death room from page 254. 3:10 is when Sigrun starts looking for the troll nest, 3:35 is when she finds it. At 3:56, she decides to get the hell out of Dodge and returns to the death room (no more dripping, the wooshing sounds from 2:45 are back), 4:46 up to the end is probably the build-up to Emil encountering the troll on the ceiling at page 260.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:47:29 AM by Guardian G.I. »
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Krehlmar

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2015, 03:48:33 PM »
Pretty much anything made for Silent Hill 1-3,
when exploring ruins during snow etc.

when exploring the "dead-room".

when crossing the bridge to the southern world point

when Emil has blood and teeth fall on his head, with the camera panning up to the ceiling 12 seconds into that song (you'll know it when you hear it). Or just
for the entire part

/>Oh oh oh and this one! Especially this one when Lalli walks alone through the empty streets, the moon shining brightly at the ruined facades, grave-stone skylines litter the horizon, unseen eyes following his footsteps through the crackling snow. Memories of who they once were, what they once were and never again will be. Song fades as the snow once again bury the human footprints, they don't belong in this city anymore...

Hell the Black Mesa soundtrack has tons of great songs that would fit into this universe

I'd be overjoyed if the Finns did a joik during the story
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:53:35 PM by Krehlmar »
My self-concept and insertion (in progress): https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.msg37156#msg37156

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2015, 04:09:05 PM »
I'm not sure what everyone else will think of this, but I listened to this album a lot while reading SSSS for the first time, and it really struck a chord with me. The music fits well with the darker moods of the comic, especially the prologue, as it has quite a slow, thoughtful tempo with a urban(?)-sounding ambience in the background.

Anyways, enjoy!
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2015, 07:31:02 PM »
For all those dramatic landscapes, 'Stormur' by Sigur Ros:
/>
For the lead singer's brilliantly Norwegian accent, 'Lover, Where Do You Live', by Highasakite (sic):
/>
Whenever it gets sad, 'Carissa' by Sun Kil Moon:
/>
To cheer you up after listening to 'Carissa' because it's so sad, 'Ysbeidiau Heulog' (Us-baed-ee-aye Hay-log) by the Super Furry Animals:
/>
Also, 'Nowhere Man' by the Beatles for whenever I see Reynir floating through the aether:
/>
I could say far, far more but I won't because then you'd have a comment the size of the page. Also, sorry for the iffy videos- best I could get off Youtube.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2015, 07:37:55 PM »
I've been doing nostalgia-runs of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II lately, and this track from the sequel, although obviously a bit Star Wars-y, I feel fits for if or whenever they find some ruins that are still standing in perfect condition, besides the obligatory overgrowth, with signs of tragedy perhaps surrounding it

snotra

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Languages: :netherlands: :uk:
I should know these, but rusty: :germany: :france: :italy:
Butchering at every try, but still bragging about it: Middle English (sort of)
To be added some time in the future when time and money can facilitate them: :vaticancity: :denmark: :norway: :iceland: :sweden: :finland:

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »
Woodkid+SSSS would do wonders! He can make things sound so epic!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSkb0kDacjs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh5TsDBBDig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmc21V-zBq0
and sooo much more.

Sigur Rós matchs so perfectly in the Dream World that it hurts: the entire "Kveikur" album, some tracks from "Takk" (Saeglopur and Hufupukar, somebody?), and Jonsi's solos too.
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2015, 05:18:08 PM »
Sigur Rós matchs so perfectly in the Dream World that it hurts: the entire "Kveikur" album, some tracks from "Takk" (Saeglopur and Hufupukar, somebody?), and Jonsi's solos too.
Saeglopur began to play in a corner of my head the first time I saw the Dream World :) The water. Always.
But I love Sigur Rós and Jónsi's songs too much to be perfectly objective.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2015, 05:29:19 PM »

(Gotta say, Kveikur is my jam. Yes, the whole album.)
I'm listening to a livestream of Sigur Rós right now where they're playing their older, more ambient stuff and I've decided that their whole aesthetic/sound is just dream-y :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2015, 06:16:46 PM »
Saeglopur began to play in a corner of my head the first time I saw the Dream World :) The water. Always.
But I love Sigur Rós and Jónsi's songs too much to be perfectly objective.

I was not the only one, then!!!!! Mélusine, we're connected.

(Gotta say, Kveikur is my jam. Yes, the whole album.)
I'm listening to a livestream of Sigur Rós right now where they're playing their older, more ambient stuff and I've decided that their whole aesthetic/sound is just dream-y :)

where????
It is onyric all the way!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »
where????
It is onyric all the way!

Well, it was here, but it ended a while ago :P
(and you just taught me a new word!)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: