Author Topic: Music that fits SSSS?  (Read 71029 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: ~*Another Fancy 8tracks Playlist*~
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2015, 08:00:21 PM »
Wow!  Beautiful but creepy.  What or who is Frakkur?  YouTube is turning up lots of comments and links about Jónsi -- is he related?
I'm in love with Jónsi's work :) Sadly, I discovered his old Frakkur project years after (a few months ago), and had complain about how impossible it was to find all.

"Beautiful but creepy", a perfect definition for the dreamland, to my mind.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:08:55 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Mélusine

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »
i mean it fits lalli better than reynir and sigrun but GUESS WHO MADE REYNIR AND SIGRUN PLAYLISTS ANYWAY
So it ends with a Mélusine dancing alone in her room because it's a reel ! And a chapeloise ! And... (Dont' pay attention, all is all right ...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2015, 11:02:47 AM »
So it ends with a Mélusine dancing alone in her room because it's a reel ! And a chapeloise ! And... (Dont' pay attention, all is all right ...)
ahaha yayyy
there aren't any reels in Reynir's playlist as far as I know, which is unfortunate considering I named it "Reels for Reynir". ALLITERATION IS HARD YOU GUYS
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »
ahaha yayyy
there aren't any reels in Reynir's playlist as far as I know, which is unfortunate considering I named it "Reels for Reynir". ALLITERATION IS HARD YOU GUYS
But Sigrun has one. Even if I don't imagine Sigrun dancing. Strangely. Or with a blade. But it's a different kind of dance.

Tjoll

• genderqueer sugar addict
Re: Music that fits SSSS?
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2015, 11:27:12 AM »
I really enjoyed listening to Jóhann Jóhannson while reading SSSS, especially the album
Copenhagen Dreams.
It let me experience the forlornness of the silent world even more profoundly. It's MAGIC \o/
:germany: :uk:
male pronouns, plz

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
Huh. I tend to just listen to what I'm listening to, which often means random indie tunes on either Spotify or SomaFM.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2015, 12:25:36 PM »
Huh. I tend to just listen to what I'm listening to, which often means random indie tunes on either Spotify or SomaFM.

That said, I'm currently listening to Värttinä, which seems appropriate.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Mélusine

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »
That said, I'm currently listening to Värttinä, which seems appropriate.
My only problem with Värttinä is the fact a part of my mind will always be wondering if we can dance something on it ^^

And just because water, always water, too much water in the dream world...

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »
My only problem with Värttinä is the fact a part of my mind will always be wondering if we can dance something on it ^^

The answer to that question is always "Yes"

LadyRamkin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2015, 01:37:14 PM »
This is one of my favorites and I think it fits pretty well.

/>

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »
And just because water, always water, too much water in the dream world...
[Sæglópur]

^Yessss, that's one of my favorites. I'd never had a good reason to post it before :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2015, 03:16:29 AM »
^Yessss, that's one of my favorites. I'd never had a good reason to post it before :D
Having stretch of water somewhere is always a good reason, to my mind ^^ (So basically I find again this song in all my writing playlists.)
Sæglópur is marvelous in live, if you hadn't the occasion yet it I wish you to live that one day :)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2015, 09:59:02 AM »

Just something a bit more traditional, a tröllaslagur (= troll battle/troll dance) or a rísaslagur (= giant battle/giant dance), simply named as Tröllaslagur. Slagur is a name for a type of a Medieval poem and means either a battle or a dance. They're believed to be meant for dancing to but very few hints remain as to how, although one theory is that slagir were acrobatic/meant to show off the martial art skills of the dancer. Be it this way or that I'm sure it's pretty obvious why I'm thinking this fits well into the SSSS world... :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »

Just something a bit more traditional, a tröllaslagur (= troll battle/troll dance) or a rísaslagur (= giant battle/giant dance), simply named as Tröllaslagur. Slagur is a name for a type of a Medieval poem and means either a battle or a dance. They're believed to be meant for dancing to but very few hints remain as to how, although one theory is that slagir were acrobatic/meant to show off the martial art skills of the dancer. Be it this way or that I'm sure it's pretty obvious why I'm thinking this fits well into the SSSS world... :D

Actually, they could be playing this in an SSSS film as they're driving into Kastrup on Page 222

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2015, 10:39:17 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNz4zJobg58
This is another style of music I find appropriate for the dream world, this one largely because of A Redtail's Dream. Or at least, variations on this.

Bloodborne provides a few track appropriate to the monsters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvUmL8uaE48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoyevcAnbb4
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...