Author Topic: Music that fits SSSS?  (Read 71018 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Music that fits SSSS?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2015, 11:02:45 PM »
@ Sunflower:
I was going to do some work today. Then your links happened. Then I spent an estimated 3 hours of listening to Muppet music clips. And musical clips. And my whole music library because I'm obsessed and need to find the perfect theme for all characters or I will never rest.

*evil chuckle* THEN MY WORK HERE IS DONE. 
Just when you thought you were out, we pull you back into the SSSS Forum! 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 08:24:32 AM »
Ah there are a few songs that remind me of SSSS
1st is this one since I was listening to it when I was reading the first pages of SSSS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVsgAWdQX8
2nd This one I find quite fitting for a few moments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D5IOrn7Kg4
3rd Particularly this specific cover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlYoRGri-q4
4th And this one just makes me think of all the characters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYVwqJCIdR0
 :) There are many more, I was also composing something on the organ in the house, might record it and post it.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 11:14:08 AM »
I have think to Värttinä too, the first time I saw words in finnish :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

danbackslide

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2015, 01:14:41 AM »
A song for stretchy guy in the troll room (http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=255):

https://youtu.be/GaAOL4G7hsU They Might Be Giants -- The Spine Surfs Alone (lyrics here)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 09:43:42 AM »
Might just be me, but I think the track 'Further' from Far Cry 3 really suits the prologue. Especially the bits set in Sweden and Finland: I really got the feel of people fleeing north, alone, as their world collapses around them - and putting a brave face on it all the while.
/>
And on the other end of the emotional spectrum, 'Friends' by Miracle of Sound for our intrepid crew. The song's about the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy, but the central theme of a crew of friends standing up for each other fits SSSS quite nicely. Plus it just sounds like the sort of thing that would get put on the Cat-Tank's CD player as they drive off in the morning.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2015, 06:50:13 AM »
Hm... Music that fits in SSSS...?
G.D.F.R by Flo Rida
Don't ask why but this song reminds me of the comic
Hehe
-runs-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »
OK, people

I need some honest opinions.

Two days ago I started playing around in GarageBand, when suddenly

Inspiration

I just finished this, and while working with it, all I could think of was vast landscapes with mountains, trees, rivers, lakes, fjords, mist, faint sunshine, snow, and a little moonshine through the darkness. I could also see some trolls and giants and beasts roaming the lands.

I'm just not so sure how well you guys think it fits to SSSS.. I hope it does, because this was so much fun working with and I want to make more(for example cast member themes, even though I only have an exact idea for Sigruns team as I know more about norwegian folk music than anything else) but if it doesn't fit I'd like to know what does so I know where to find inspiration.

So heeeere goes:
SSSS - Prologue

Edit: LET ME KNOW if the link doesn't work, I've made the song private because I signed up for SoundCloud only to share this song with you guys, but if it doesn't work I'll make it public and post the new link.
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 01:01:54 PM »
OK, people

Inspiration

I just finished this, and while working with it, all I could think of was vast landscapes with mountains, trees, rivers, lakes, fjords, mist, faint sunshine, snow, and a little moonshine through the darkness. I could also see some trolls and giants and beasts roaming the lands.

I'm just not so sure how well you guys think it fits to SSSS.. I hope it does, because this was so much fun working with and I want to make more(for example cast member themes, even though I only have an exact idea for Sigruns team as I know more about norwegian folk music than anything else) but if it doesn't fit I'd like to know what does so I know where to find inspiration.

So heeeere goes:
SSSS - Prologue

Edit: LET ME KNOW if the link doesn't work, I've made the song private because I signed up for SoundCloud only to share this song with you guys, but if it doesn't work I'll make it public and post the new link.

I'm listening to it right now
It's awesome! >w<!
plus, it works for me to be honest
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2015, 01:11:11 PM »
I'm listening to it right now
It's awesome! >w<!
plus, it works for me to be honest

*______*

Thank you! And I'm so glad to hear, that means I might not be WAY off. I'm going to listen to some nordic folk music now, so maybe I get some ideas for the whole cast and not just Sigrun.

Meeeeeep this made me so happyyy~ thank you!

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 01:21:09 PM »
*______*

Thank you! And I'm so glad to hear, that means I might not be WAY off. I'm going to listen to some nordic folk music now, so maybe I get some ideas for the whole cast and not just Sigrun.

Meeeeeep this made me so happyyy~ thank you!

hehe~ Welcome~
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
OK, people

Inspiration

So heeeere goes:
SSSS - Prologue

Whoa. Nice. (And it works on android. Double awesome.)
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 01:41:53 PM »
Whoa. Nice. (And it works on android. Double awesome.)

MEEP thank you~

(also NICE ONE I didn't know - but I guess it would, since it's SoundCloud - but that's just awesome! : D)

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2015, 04:54:54 PM »
It has begun, my innocent, unexpecting friends.

Ragnarok is here.

And so is Reynir's Theme. After having posted the first attempt on Music in this thread, I felt like doing more because it was fun, and I started working on Reynir's Theme. I tried having it sound like something icelandic folk music-y, but I failed so let's just agree that this song is dedicated to Reynir on Adventure.

I have also made Sigrun's Theme and Lalli's Theme, but I'm not posting the links until I have spoken to my Chosen Victim of Feedback-ing, DancingRanger.

I hope at least some of you like it..

Edit: Also I am SO SORRY for double posting but nothing happened here between my reply to DancingRanger and my New Song. Please forgive me!

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2015, 05:00:32 PM »
It has begun, my innocent, unexpecting friends.

Ragnarok is here.

And so is Reynir's Theme. After having posted the first attempt on Music in this thread, I felt like doing more because it was fun, and I started working on Reynir's Theme. I tried having it sound like something icelandic folk music-y, but I failed so let's just agree that this song is dedicated to Reynir on Adventure.

I have also made Sigrun's Theme and Lalli's Theme, but I'm not posting the links until I have spoken to my Chosen Victim of Feedback-ing, DancingRanger.

I hope at least some of you like it..

Edit: Also I am SO SORRY for double posting but nothing happened here between my reply to DancingRanger and my New Song. Please forgive me!

Oh wow that theme is so cool!
I love this kind of music to be honest and I don't think you failed! nvn
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2015, 05:17:28 PM »
Oh wow that theme is so cool!
I love this kind of music to be honest and I don't think you failed! nvn

I'm glad you think so, my friend! It's so nice to hear that my music is welcome!

Here, have a playlist, including the now approved themes of Sigrun and Lalli.

I'm currently working on Tuuri's Theme, and will move on to Emil and Mikkel after I've finished Tuuri. I hope that in the meantime, the four songs in the playlist are enjoyable! : )