Author Topic: Promotion Celebrations  (Read 216604 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Promotion Celebrations
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2015, 01:11:21 PM »
* starfallz raises hand.
YAAAAAAAy you go you ranger you
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
Has anyone taken YYZ (toronto airport)? I want that one. I am always going to and coming from there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:13:05 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2015, 02:53:06 PM »
Has anyone taken YYZ (toronto airport)? I want that one. I am always going to coming from there.

I'mma just put this here:
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
Has anyone taken YYZ (toronto airport)? I want that one. I am always going to and coming from there.

Viola, congratulations on the promotion.

On behalf of the Forum Council of Elders, let me formally present you with the keys of Toronto Pearson International Airport -- in the Old Times, Canada's largest and busiest airport, and named after honored statesman Lester Pearson.  (Background on "Mike" Pearson by the brilliant Kate Beaton:  http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=294)

Fimbulvarg has set a great example of... er... hands-on property management.  (Cf. "twirls machete, makes it all shipshape and Bristol-fashion"... and "ride all the luggage carrousels and loot the duty-free liquor and Toblerone.")  Go thou and do likewise.

Mélusine, last I heard you were hesitating between the Louvre and that awesome 19th-century "Passage" in Normandy.  Have you made a choice? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2015, 03:36:52 PM »
Viola, congratulations on the promotion.

On behalf of the Forum Council of Elders, let me formally present you with the keys of Toronto Pearson International Airport -- in the Old Times, Canada's largest and busiest airport, and named after honored statesman Lester Pearson.  (Background on "Mike" Pearson by the brilliant Kate Beaton:  http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=294)

Fimbulvarg has set a great example of... er... hands-on property management.  (Cf. "twirls machete, makes it all shipshape and Bristol-fashion"... and "ride all the luggage carrousels and loot the duty-free liquor and Toblerone.")  Go thou and do likewise.

Woo! Yay! Thank you!! :D

I will definitely be testing out Fimby's property management strategies.

Party at my airport!

Is there a list somewhere to see who has what airport?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2015, 03:39:38 PM »
Woo! Yay! Thank you!! :D

Party at my airport!

Is there a list somewhere to see who has what airport?

I'll have to prepare one.  For the longest time, promotion records only existed in my hoard of PM's, then in random posts throughout the Forum, and I need to fix that.  It's just... (mumbles incoherently about Poor Neglected Responsibilities, procrastination, etc. etc.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
I'll just drop a note here that I'm claiming Helsinki-Vantaa airport, in case it's not taken yet. :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 04:03:44 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2015, 03:43:25 PM »
Congrats to the newly promoted!

On behalf of the Forum Council of Elders

Is that even a thing?

Hmm, I should start like a management consulting firm. I'll have a teak CEO desk to rest my legs on, a decanter of airport brandy and a secretary named Archibald XIV (but whose actual name is Steve Jørgen).

Mélusine

« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2015, 03:45:12 PM »
Mélusine, last I heard you were hesitating between the Louvre and that awesome 19th-century "Passage" in Normandy.  Have you made a choice?
... No ? :-[
(If there were only these two possibilities... which, as you said, would - both - be marvelous for trolls...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »
On behalf of the Forum Council of Elders, let me formally present you with the keys ...

Congrats to the newly promoted!

Is that even a thing?

AH HA HA  Why... er... yes, of course the Forum Council of Elders is a thing, Fimby!  Didn't you get the memo?   :P

Actually, it's part of my self-promotion.  I can't spend so much of my time hanging out with mighty mages, fearless troll-punchers, Forum-coding HTML wizards and the like, without wanting to engage in my own Nordic saga-esque bragging.  As I did recently on another thread:  (And yeah, this is basically Bilbo the Hobbit foolhardily boasting to Smaug the Dragon...)

My dear Dansk, I may not be "a mighty mage of darkness and power," but I am the Forum-Skald, Content Moderator, one of the Original Ten members who followed Eich here on the First Day of Creation, Ruler of the Googleport, lead author of the SSSS trivia quiz administered at the San Francisco Meet-Up last month, and mistress of vast amounts of useless information.  It's my job to remember all the SSSS info pages (if not necessarily where Minna hid them...)

I have spoken.  8)

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2015, 04:26:10 PM »
:) Does anyone have an entry level scout opening?  I have some experience with facility & infrastructure management, and low-tech surveying, besides the required recon skills.    :D
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Mélusine

« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »
Hey, but we hadn't already congratulate you, isn't it ? *A bit lost*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2015, 04:59:19 PM »
Scout SectoBoss, reporting for duty! *trips over own bootlaces*
I'm going to be the best scout...
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2015, 05:06:30 PM »
Congratulations, SectoBoss ! :D

But how many of you reached a new grade today ? :o

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2015, 05:08:32 PM »
Hey, but we hadn't already congratulate you, isn't it ? *A bit lost*

If this is to me, I had the impression Haiz hadn't checked the thread in a while so I spoke up?
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: