Author Topic: Promotion Celebrations  (Read 216723 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: Promotion Celebrations
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2015, 04:11:10 PM »
Congratulations Willowham, Ragnarok, Adrai!

Bring the confetti truck!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2015, 05:19:15 PM »
Congratulations Willowham, Ragnarok, Adrai!

Bring the confetti truck!

The confetti truck is here!!! *rolls out confetti cannons* *fires þ and ð confetti everywhere*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2015, 12:44:22 PM »
Aw, don't be embarrassed!  I only know about airports because my father was in the military when I was a child, so we moved a lot, and our relatives were scattered all over the U.S. 

I have a couple of suggestions for you, based on your antiquarian interests.  (The airport awarded at 1,000 posts doesn't *have* to be derelict IRL; we assume it will be by Y90.)
1. Le Bourget, near Paris -- the historic airfield where Charles Lindbergh landed, among others.
2. One of these:  "14 of the world's most amazing abandoned airports" (except JoB has already claimed Berlin-Tempelhof"
3. "Abandoned airports around the world" - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/10858233/Abandoned-airports-around-the-world.html

And félicitations!
Thank, but before I have an important question : how many abandoned castles or other places may I have for an abandoned airport ? :D
(Berlin-Tempelhof would be perfect to... well, forget that, finding persons to dance will be difficult in the Silent Lands.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »

Congratulations for becoming Ruler of an Abandoned Airport! :D
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2015, 12:48:49 PM »
*overs mélusine in þ and ð shaped confetti*

Félicitations! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »
less then 10 posts and become a scout, so exciting!
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2015, 04:03:01 PM »
Thank, but before I have an important question : how many abandoned castles or other places may I have for an abandoned airport ? :D
(Berlin-Tempelhof would be perfect to... well, forget that, finding persons to dance will be difficult in the Silent Lands.)

Hmmm.  A request for something other than a derelict airport as reward for reaching 1,000 posts?  That's... non-standard.  You sure I can't interest you in Derelict Euro-Disney?  (Mulls it over.)

All right.  You may choose an abandoned castle or other historical site, not necessarily incorporating now-ruined technology that starkly illustrates the scientific hubris of the immediately pre-Rash Old World. 

I only ask that you choose something awesome.  (And where you can wear that ethereal white dress...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »
Hmmm.  A request for something other than a derelict airport as reward for reaching 1,000 posts?  That's... non-standard.  You sure I can't interest you in Derelict Euro-Disney?  (Mulls it over.)

All right.  You may choose an abandoned castle or other historical site, not necessarily incorporating now-ruined technology that starkly illustrates the scientific hubris of the immediately pre-Rash Old World. 

I only ask that you choose something awesome.  (And where you can wear that ethereal white dress...)
What could I do in an airport when I would have so many to explore in an old building ? :D (Airports are not enough old for me. And, errrrrrr, I don't understand why so many persons love Euro-Disney. Sorry. I must have missed something during my childhood, when every children wanted to go there. I went for the first time last month, not inside but to the Disney village. Too many persons, can we go now please ?) Thanks ^^
Weeeeeeell, what could I have ? Something with a glass roof, maybe. (The Grand Palais ? Mmmh, too big maybe... but an airport is huge too...) Early XX would be nice. And I would put a library inside somewhere. With armchairs. Mmmh. Time to look for more abandoned castles and/or awesome places :D
Oh, maybe a... passage ? What's the name in english for that ? *Felt in love with this one the first time she put a feet inside* https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passage_Pommeraye (In english with less things : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passage_Pommeraye)
Haaaaaaaa, I'm not sure, I can't chose now !

Also, thank Daéa, Sunflower, Curry and Feartheviolas (Your turn will come soon !) :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:48:26 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2015, 05:13:20 PM »
Congrats Mel! That makes you the 12th person to make the 1000 posts threshold.

Well, as many as you'd like I suppose? But I doubt they'll be handing out custom titles.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
I'm afraid I was being kind of tongue-in-cheek about the choice of derelict properties.   ;)

I was just thinking that Eich's original choice of Ruler of a Derelict Airport has a specifically post-apocalyptic grandeur -- seeing a peak achievement of 20th/21st-C. science/engineering in ruins.  That's why I suggested Euro-Disney or something like the Science City in Valencia, Spain that doubled as "Tomorrowland" in the recent movie.  But I wasn't entirely serious. 

You're perfectly free to choose whatever appeals to you, however medieval or even older it may be.  But I love the "Passage" in Nantes.  Still great troll habitat, but aesthetically and culturally much more your style. 

This applies to the rest of you future Rulers, too.  Get postin', and you too can pick out a troll-infested monument of Old World hubris for your very own!   8)  (Meanwhile, I've got my sights on the U.S.S. Arizona, when I reach the level of Admiral of a Sunken Ship.)

What could I do in an airport when I would have so many to explore in an old building ? :D (Airports are not enough old for me. And, errrrrrr, I don't understand why so many persons love Euro-Disney. Sorry. I must have missed something during my childhood, when every children wanted to go there. I went for the first time last month, not inside but to the Disney village. Too many persons, can we go now please ?) Thanks ^^
Weeeeeeell, what could I have ? Something with a glass roof, maybe. (The Grand Palais ? Mmmh, too big maybe... but an airport is huge too...) Early XX would be nice. And I would put a library inside somewhere. With armchairs. Mmmh. Time to look for more abandoned castles and/or awesome places :D
Oh, maybe a... passage ? What's the name in english for that ? *Felt in love with this one the first time she put a feet inside* https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passage_Pommeraye (In english with less things : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passage_Pommeraye)
Haaaaaaaa, I'm not sure, I can't chose now !

Also, thank Daéa, Sunflower, Curry and Feartheviolas (Your turn will come soon !) :)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2015, 05:19:23 PM »
Congrats Mel! That makes you the 12th person to make the 1,000 posts threshold.

Well, as many as you'd like I suppose? But I doubt they'll be handing out custom titles.

As Forum-Skald and founder of the Promotion Celebrations, here's my ruling:

The title stays the same.  However, I won't be picky about the actual monument/territory chosen in lieu of a literal airport.  (Or Eich couldn't really have the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral, Florida.) 

The new ruler is still liable for cleaning out and maintaining his/her/zeir new property in visitable fashion.  (C'mon, a post-apocalyptic warlord has to be good for something.)

Mélusine

« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2015, 06:07:41 PM »
You're perfectly free to choose whatever appeals to you, however medieval or even older it may be.  But I love the "Passage" in Nantes.  Still great troll habitat, but aesthetically and culturally much more your style.
Ah. Trolls. You're right. Mmmh, too dangerous maybe... But an airport... :-\ Okay, it's safe but it's ugly. *Will think about all of that*

Congrats Mel! That makes you the 12th person to make the 1000 posts threshold.
Thank !

In three months or so... O_o *Coughs* Poorneglectedresponsibilities... I never found such a community before, you're amazing. Yes, all of you :) All of you who makes this forum a wonderful place.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:13:55 PM by Mélusine »

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2015, 06:44:26 PM »
Oh hey, look at me. I'm a Ranger now!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mélusine

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2015, 06:47:19 PM »
Oh hey, look at me. I'm a Ranger now!
I was looking at your answer in an other thread and trying to remember with how many posts you become a Ranger ^^ Congratulations !
And you're invited to celebrate in my new-something-I-hadn't-chose-yet-but-which-will-always-have-tea-and-homemade-biscuits.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »
Congratulations, starfallz! :D

And I don't know... What about the Louvre, Mélusine?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."