Author Topic: Promotion Celebrations  (Read 216627 times)

Buteo

• Ranger
Re: Promotion Celebrations
« Reply #1410 on: November 13, 2016, 09:49:06 PM »
Congratulations to heiteru and Jhev on your advancement! Onward and upward!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1411 on: November 13, 2016, 10:48:54 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Quote from: Feartheviolas
Congrats Jhev! *þ and ð confetti* You've moved so fast here, it's nice to see enthusiastic posters
It's kind of weird, I remember starting out thinking how I'd never manage to get so many posts and I'd probably just end up not talking at all, but it's only been... *furiously counts on fingers* seven months?! That doesn't seem long enough. But I guess everyone here was so nice and lovely I just couldn't not talk.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1412 on: November 13, 2016, 11:39:15 PM »
Heh, I remember when I finally joined up after lurking since partway through 'A Redtail's Dream', I didn't think I'd be posting much, but the combination of lovely folk, interesting discussions and so many topics that overlapped with my own interests drew me in.....
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1413 on: November 14, 2016, 12:33:50 AM »
Many congratulations to Jhev and heiteru!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #1414 on: November 14, 2016, 12:07:46 PM »
Thanks everyone!
It's kind of weird, I remember starting out thinking how I'd never manage to get so many posts and I'd probably just end up not talking at all, but it's only been... *furiously counts on fingers* seven months?! That doesn't seem long enough. But I guess everyone here was so nice and lovely I just couldn't not talk.

I used to think the same, I would look at all the people with so many posts and think "Wow, they're so cool, they're so involved in the community!" And now I have kinda realized thats probably how some new members look at me :o I never expected to have this many posts, but I guess I have been part of this awesome community for a while now. (almost 2 years??!! O_O)

Congratulations Jhev!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1415 on: November 14, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »
I used to think the same, I would look at all the people with so many posts and think "Wow, they're so cool, they're so involved in the community!" And now I have kinda realized thats probably how some new members look at me :o I never expected to have this many posts, but I guess I have been part of this awesome community for a while now. (almost 2 years??!! O_O)

Preach.
I feel the same way and we all know I have waaaaaaaay too many posts :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1416 on: November 14, 2016, 03:31:12 PM »
Mazel tov heiteru  and Jhev!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1417 on: November 15, 2016, 08:02:15 AM »
Delayed congrats to Jacob and Jhev (Be careful, there are trolls out here!), Solokov (I am quaking in terror at your missiles!), Anna and Heiteru (welcome to the safe zone, we've got cats and walls!), and Yuuago (a fine choice of vessel!)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1418 on: November 15, 2016, 12:20:06 PM »
wavewright62 , Buteo , urbicande
Takk kærlega!

(welcome to the safe zone, we've got cats and walls!)
yey, kittys!
thank you  :)
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1419 on: November 20, 2016, 10:42:58 AM »
Aah! I wanted to write something here as my 1000th post, but I forgot. Oh well, one message late (curse you, Wyrm and your SSSS spam game).
Since I'm now an airport ruler, is Orly free to be claimed?

Time to reminisce now. So much has happened since I joined (I just checked: it'll be 2 years just tomorrow! what a cool coincidence). I've seen the forum grow from a small community with a few very active people, in which I was very involved (possibly too much in some areas) to a large group full of more nice people than I can count. I can't even follow most threads any more, that's how big this thing has grown :D
I remember, at about the same period last year, calculating how often I'd have to post to get my own airport by year's end and discussing post-per-day stats, with Mélusine in person and some others in the IRC chat I think. I don't ever go to the chat any more now :-[ but I know I will, someday, because it's a lot of fun. Things must have changed a lot there, too!

I've seen many things in this forum, projects, discussions, artistry, and have even been part of some. But what I've seen most of all is you people. Some of you I count as my friends, even though we may only rarely speak directly to one another, and many now, sadly, I don't know much, but I know you all to be excellent and wonderful people, nice, creative, supportive, fun. In a word, you are the most best community I know of. So thank you, forum and forumites, and minnions in general, for being such an awesome part of my life for the past two years and a thousand posts.

<3
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1420 on: November 20, 2016, 10:53:58 AM »
Three cheers for P_!

I don't know if Orly is claimed, though I am sure it would suit you well if it were not. Good luck with your new airport, whichever one you get!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1421 on: November 20, 2016, 10:54:59 AM »
Congratulations, P__ ! :squirrelcookie: I hadn't chosen an airport, Orly may still be free.
And it's a nice speech to celebrate your new abandoned airport :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #1422 on: November 20, 2016, 02:17:07 PM »
All the congrats, P__!

I'm nowhere near getting an airport and I think I already know what I'd pick if they aren't taken already/by that point. XD
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1423 on: November 20, 2016, 04:18:09 PM »
Many many congratulations P___ on your airport!  May all the stranded trolls have dispersed and left you untouched (albeit kinda stale) Toblerones in their luggage.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1424 on: November 20, 2016, 04:19:27 PM »
Yay!  Congrats, P__!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: