Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581062 times)

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2085 on: March 06, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »
Welcome aboard phantasma! You sound like you'll fit right in ;D

*gives the book to Mélu and leaves her as a placeholder in phantasma's corner instead*
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2086 on: March 06, 2016, 06:51:15 PM »
Welcome Grey-cat and Phantasma! My seal will pipe you onboard *toot toot*
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2087 on: March 06, 2016, 07:02:11 PM »
*gives the book to Mélu and leaves her as a placeholder in phantasma's corner instead*
I'm pretty sure I would be a great placeholder with a book to read ! ;D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2088 on: March 06, 2016, 07:27:33 PM »
Mélusine: ...Fine, I shall lend you my book and my corner. You are the official Corner Guard. I expect it to remain in pristine condition.  :)
Róisín: Hello! Thank you for welcoming me!  :)
IKEA: Aw, thank you! I shall jump in immediately.
//does a double backflip off a diving board
Edit: your avatar is perfectly amazing and I love it so. :D
Rabbit: I have found my people!  8)
Purple Wyrm: Woo!

...So many smiley faces, so little time.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 07:29:05 PM by phantasma »
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2089 on: March 06, 2016, 08:24:55 PM »
Welcome phantasma! *sneaks into your corner with more books to share*
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2090 on: March 06, 2016, 08:37:19 PM »
Welcome phantasma! *sneaks into your corner with more books to share*
Ooo! Ooo! Now we can create a bookclub in my Super (not-so-)Secret Corner! :)
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

alizarin

• Super-Newbie
  • is fairly nice sometimes
« Reply #2091 on: March 06, 2016, 10:42:02 PM »
Er, hi?

so, uh, yo, I'm Alizarin, and I'm ... completely freaking terrified of introducing myself of this forum? Not because the fandom seems unfriendly. You don't, I promise! But I'm a very boring person, and seem to suffer extreme (internet-only) communication anxiety when entering a virtual place so full of smart people who know cool things.

anyway. I am an almost-Sigrun's-age lazy American lady, who started reading SSSS late in October. I've posted in the comments ... quite a bit, according to disqus. (I'm smasha aliz there. I think I managed to sneak in relatively unnoticed, though.  ;)) And I've lurked in this forum at least since November, registered my account in December, and am still really really close to deleting this post and retreating.

I'm fairly nice sometimes! Please don't mind my arrival!
native: :usa: rusty basics: :spain:  tried: :china: trying: :russia: oops i accidentally? :sweden:

:chap11:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2092 on: March 06, 2016, 10:46:53 PM »
Er, hi?

so, uh, yo, I'm Alizarin, and I'm ... completely freaking terrified of introducing myself of this forum? Not because the fandom seems unfriendly. You don't, I promise! But I'm a very boring person, and seem to suffer extreme (internet-only) communication anxiety when entering a virtual place so full of smart people who know cool things.

anyway. I am an almost-Sigrun's-age lazy American lady, who started reading SSSS late in October. I've posted in the comments ... quite a bit, according to disqus. (I'm smasha aliz there. I think I managed to sneak in relatively unnoticed, though.  ;)) And I've lurked in this forum at least since November, registered my account in December, and am still really really close to deleting this post and retreating.

Welcome!

And don't delete your post: now you can see all the wonderful stuff on the Personal board, and maybe add to it, if you want to.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2093 on: March 06, 2016, 10:50:48 PM »
Welcome alizarin! Please don't retreat, it's great to have you here! Your disqus name sounds familiar, I'm sure I've either commented on something of yours or vice versa at some point.

Also your name makes me think of the color Alizarin Crimson, which is not boring at all! I'm sure you aren't boring either. :)

Ooo! Ooo! Now we can create a bookclub in my Super (not-so-)Secret Corner! :)

YESSS book club! (We do have a books thread, if you ever feel like chatting about them).
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2094 on: March 06, 2016, 11:00:36 PM »
Er, hi?

Hi! Please don't run away, we're happy to have you here. (I understand the nervousness... good gods, I hyperventilated so much when making my first post!)
I bet you aren't boring. People are always their own worst critics. Hope to see you around more. < 3
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

alizarin

• Super-Newbie
  • is fairly nice sometimes
« Reply #2095 on: March 06, 2016, 11:14:38 PM »
Aww. Thank you, kind people! LooNEY_DAC, so I have the password for the underground clubhouse now? Interresssting!
Also your name makes me think of the color Alizarin Crimson, which is not boring at all! I'm sure you aren't boring either. :)
I make no promises. :) And yep, my actual name is a different shade of crimson, so I stole the theme for the internet. I like red. :)
And yuuago, thank you, it is extremely reassuring to hear that this is scary for other people! Not that I'm glad you ever hyperventilated ..  :(
native: :usa: rusty basics: :spain:  tried: :china: trying: :russia: oops i accidentally? :sweden:

:chap11:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2096 on: March 06, 2016, 11:42:20 PM »
Er, hi?

No, please don't leave! Welcome, feel free to take some squirrel cookies and mead on your way in!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2097 on: March 06, 2016, 11:55:56 PM »
Er, hi?

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about being nervous. Everyone is super nice here. I remember the first time I made a post and I was also terrified, my friend had to forcefully convince me, but it all worked out just fine. Now I have way too many posts. I hope you'll enjoy it here! We are glad to have you :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2098 on: March 07, 2016, 12:20:23 AM »
Welcome welcome to both phantasma and alizarin!

We're friendly!  Promise!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2099 on: March 07, 2016, 12:54:33 AM »
Welcome, Alizarin! Had noticed your comments. Don't worry, we're actually quite civilised!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!