Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580961 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1770 on: December 16, 2015, 04:53:22 AM »
Welcome Svalbard, you're not late !
And welcome saminiemi, IRL meet happens easily than we think they can ;)
Nobody gave you cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

saminiemi

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1771 on: December 16, 2015, 07:36:36 AM »
Welcome Svalbard, you're not late !
And welcome saminiemi, IRL meet happens easily than we think they can ;)
Nobody gave you cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Thanks for the cookies and welcomes  :)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1772 on: December 16, 2015, 08:38:12 AM »
Welcome, Svalbard and Saminiemi. Good to see both of you migrating over here from Disqus!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1773 on: December 17, 2015, 02:59:21 AM »
Hello, Svalbard, welcome to the forum!  It's neat how many languages you know, or are at least learning.

Welcome, saminiemi!  I approve of your icon.
What kind of thrillers do you like?  Do you like modern day thrillers with fantasy?  Or at least a story about a soldier training in snowy mountains who spots a dragon that flies away, and no one believes him.  But then he goes on a magical adventure because of it.

I want to visit Finland someday.  Unfortunately someday may have to be far off.  Hope some other minnions can go!
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

TicTac

• I am a happy little TicTac
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1774 on: December 17, 2015, 04:27:53 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm Australian, and I'm fifteen. I'm not going to tell my actual name because I don't usually do that on the Internet, safety and all that. I only really became a fan pretty much two days ago, I binge read everything in the space of a day, but I love it so much!

I love books and comics, especially stories like SSSS, where a group of people, whether they know each other or not, get thrown into a situation of survival. Big groups, small groups, I love them all. The more danger, the better!

I'm afraid I'm not very worldly, I've only been out of Australia three times, but I would so love to get out and do more, probably after I graduate school. I've always been interested in Europe, and Scandinavia, probably helped along by me reading Scandinavia and the World. I don't know any languages other than English, though I learned Chinese in school for five years (of which I remember only a few select phrases, like how to say I am Australian. Super useful.) but I still would love to travel ^_^

Anyway, so hi everyone! I can't wait to talk and get to know some of you guys, and read lots of SSSS in the future!

(I'm also reading through a Redtail's Dream, haven't quite finished it yet though)
Fluent: :australia:
Know a few phrases: :china:
Know random words: :germany: :spain: (thanks Dora)
Want to learn, eventually: :finland:
Survived :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:

Mélusine

« Reply #1775 on: December 17, 2015, 05:37:44 AM »
Welcome TicTac :) Cookies ? Cookies ! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1776 on: December 17, 2015, 08:29:53 AM »
Welcome TicTac! Yet another Australian? Excellent. There are several of us here now. I hope you'll enjoy our company; this is a really great fan community.  Welcome!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1777 on: December 17, 2015, 09:00:33 AM »
Welcome, welcome TicTac
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

saminiemi

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1778 on: December 17, 2015, 09:40:49 AM »
Welcome, saminiemi!  I approve of your icon.
What kind of thrillers do you like?  Do you like modern day thrillers with fantasy?  Or at least a story about a soldier training in snowy mountains who spots a dragon that flies away, and no one believes him.  But then he goes on a magical adventure because of it.
I want to visit Finland someday.  Unfortunately someday may have to be far off.  Hope some other minnions can go!
As with thrillers I read the easy popular ones. Something that you can read tired :)
Welcome to Finland :)

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1779 on: December 17, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »
Greetings everyone ^_^

I am late to joining the party here on the forums -- but I've been an avid fan of Minna's comics for a while now ^.^ -- I'm glad that I finally got around to making a forum account.  I love interacting with people from all corners of the globe!  I'm thrilled to be here!

Welcome Svalbard!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

TicTac

• I am a happy little TicTac
« Reply #1780 on: December 17, 2015, 06:24:49 PM »
Thanks everyone ^_^
Fluent: :australia:
Know a few phrases: :china:
Know random words: :germany: :spain: (thanks Dora)
Want to learn, eventually: :finland:
Survived :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1781 on: December 17, 2015, 07:29:15 PM »
Um, hi. *waves* I'm just getting started on the forum; I stumbled on this comic completely by accident, started reading while it was still at the bridge crossing, registered on the comments a few days ago, just got on the forum. I don't really like to share personal details online, but I hope that was a sufficient introduction...?

(Also, I have a massive crush on Sigrun.)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Mélusine

« Reply #1782 on: December 17, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »
I stumbled on this comic completely by accident
Like so many of us ::) Welcome, Lazy8 :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1783 on: December 17, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
Um, hi. *waves* I'm just getting started on the forum; I stumbled on this comic completely by accident, started reading while it was still at the bridge crossing, registered on the comments a few days ago, just got on the forum. I don't really like to share personal details online, but I hope that was a sufficient introduction...?

(Also, I have a massive crush on Sigrun.)

Greetings everyone ^_^

I am late to joining the party here on the forums -- but I've been an avid fan of Minna's comics for a while now ^.^ -- I'm glad that I finally got around to making a forum account.  I love interacting with people from all corners of the globe!  I'm thrilled to be here!

Welcome, Lazy8!  It's totally OK not to share personal details, but if you feel like sharing some of your interests, you'll get a lot of pointers to relevant parts of the Forum and lot of potential new friends collaborators partners in crime!   8)

(Same applies to you, Svalbard.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1784 on: December 17, 2015, 08:36:16 PM »
It's totally OK not to share personal details, but if you feel like sharing some of your interests, you'll get a lot of pointers to relevant parts of the Forum and lot of potential new friends collaborators partners in crime!

Interests? Hm, well, I fic, but not for this fandom. Just haven't gotten the urge; at this point, I mostly want more canon. I really enjoy rambling on about characterization, namely things that I headcanon based on logical deduction. Right now I'm primarily looking for a way to pass the time until either the next page comes out, or it's late enough for me to go to bed with the hope that I'll see the next page in the morning.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18: