Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580881 times)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1740 on: December 09, 2015, 04:27:05 AM »
Welcome, antifa! I think we have a Swedish language learning thread around here somewhere, maybe that'll be of some use to you?
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1741 on: December 09, 2015, 05:02:03 AM »
Welcome Nietos :) Why not speaking about History ? :D *Was learning History and History of Arts at university* Knitting projects, food, writing... we are several sharing this interest here. One more cookie ? :squirrelcookie:

And welcome cookies for you too, antifa ! :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1742 on: December 09, 2015, 10:13:14 AM »
Welcome welcome Puls3 and Nietos!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Natalie

• Tumblr
  • I love all cute things
« Reply #1743 on: December 09, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome and help!! And welcome to the new ones too!! I hope we all have fun :D

*takes all the cookies and run*
Native: :spain: (chilean)
(almost) Fluent: :usa: :england:
Learning: :france:
Wishlist: :norway: :japan: :italy: :brazil: (I can understand brazilian portuguese but not speak it or write it)

KaTaai

« Reply #1744 on: December 10, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »
Hello all, because of Kjeks' insistence, here I am :P . I'm 25 years old and from the Netherlands. SSSS found me via one of the "check these webcomics out" lists at Girl Genius and I've been a regular reader ever since. I read several (25+) other webcomics and study mathematics.
User image courtesy of gingerbraidgirl

Speaks:
Native - :netherlands:
Decent - :uk:
Learning - :germany:
Remnants of high school - :france:
Survived:
:chap4: through :chap14:

TODO: --find out how to use the flags--
find out how to cross out text

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1745 on: December 10, 2015, 03:55:44 PM »
Welcome KaTaai :) :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1746 on: December 10, 2015, 03:56:48 PM »
Hello all, because of Kjeks' insistence, here I am :P . I'm 25 years old and from the Netherlands. SSSS found me via one of the "check these webcomics out" lists at Girl Genius and I've been a regular reader ever since. I read several (25+) other webcomics and study mathematics.

Hello and welcome! : D Always great to see more friends-of-minnions get sucked into the forum.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

KaTaai

« Reply #1747 on: December 10, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »
Hello and welcome! : D Always great to see more friends-of-minnions get sucked into the forum.

Tbh I mentioned in the ssss chat that I made an account on the forums, and Kjeks showed me the way to this thread.
User image courtesy of gingerbraidgirl

Speaks:
Native - :netherlands:
Decent - :uk:
Learning - :germany:
Remnants of high school - :france:
Survived:
:chap4: through :chap14:

TODO: --find out how to use the flags--
find out how to cross out text

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1748 on: December 11, 2015, 09:52:30 AM »

*Has no webcomic dedicated friends that she could drag to SSSS* 

Thanks KaTaai, have some delicious :squirrelcookie: and enjoy the board.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1749 on: December 11, 2015, 09:27:48 PM »
I'm trying, but mine are singularly resistant. :|
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1750 on: December 11, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »
Mine seem to be multiple-ly resistant; even Da Book hasn't reeled any of them in.

But welcome to those who have shown their wisdom by joining us!

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1751 on: December 13, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »
I've nearly got one in- she's reading it but she's too shy to join the forums or comment or anything.
Soon!

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #1752 on: December 13, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »
I've nearly got one in- she's reading it but she's too shy to join the forums or comment or anything.
Soon!
My best friend has joined the forum but refuses to post until she catches up with reading SSSS (she already read ARTD at my insistence). Soon!
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1753 on: December 13, 2015, 08:28:12 PM »
Soon!
Yeah, the one that showed me this has found the Forum but won't get an account because it's a timesuck.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Aliax

« Reply #1754 on: December 14, 2015, 07:29:56 PM »
Since I not only commented on a couple of things, but also went to a RL meet-up yesterday, I guess I can't delay the introduction much longer...

So, erm... Hi?

• Name: Aliax on the forum and in the comments, Alex in RL
  • Age: 2 Tuuris, or 1 Sigrun + 10, or 1 Taru + 1, you get the idea :P
  • Gender: trans male. Started FtM transition 3.5 years ago. Am mostly done socially, 3/4 done medically, and not done at all legally yet.
  • Nationality: French.
  • Languages: French and English. I lived in one of the former Yugoslavian republics for 6 years, but never managed to learn its language - among other reasons because I could always manage with English. Heh.
  • Marital Status: divorced and hopefully forever happily single. Mother to the most awesome 13yo autistic son, who lives abroad with his father because France is still stuck in the prehistoric ages when it comes to taking care of handicapped people =_=
  • Lives: in the southern part of the greater Paris area, a bit South of the Orly airport. I share a flat with my younger sister and a cat, and my son during the holidays of course.
  • How I Got Into SSSS: someone recced it on an anonymous fandom forum I was lurking on. I got stuck in the prologue the first time I tried it, though. Then I saw another rec for it somewhere else (probably the comments of SatW), with the added precision that one shouldn't hesitate to just skip the prologue if one found it too boring or something. So I did just that, and got promptly hooked on to the main story. It was much more pleasurable to go back to the prologue after finishing the main storyline - but it was very much not pleasurable at all to finish said main storyline right at the beginning of a chapter break  :'(
  • About My Avatar: my previous avatar was a Grade C Cat, because that's pretty much what I feel like whenever I'm in the company of most people: like some kind of big, fat, nice, but not-exactly-bright animal. My current "Confused Lalli" avatar reflects my constant bafflement at Life in general: no matter what I do, it keeps insisting on throwing loads and loads on wrenches into my best-prepared plans, for no other apparent reason than "Because it can".
  • Weird Habit: I can post dozens of comments in a day, and then nothing for 3 weeks. Also, don't take it personally if I reply endlessly to you on a topic, and then abruptly drop out of the conversation. My brain only seems to know two modes (On and Off), and I generally can't control when it switches mode on which topic. Sorry :(
  • Warning: Do NOT get me started on a topic I like, unless you like being hit by Walls Of Text.
  • What Else: I dunno? Ask me if you want to know something. I mostly don't bite :)