Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581075 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1425 on: September 15, 2015, 10:47:46 AM »

Metallurgy was directed training at the university. We have free higher education, and you can choose what you are interested. Work really go to where they pay more.

I would like to engage in metallurgy - it's very interesting, but the conditions are not quite allow it.

But recently we traveled to another country. The total journey took 5100 km.

And what did you do this summer?

Hi, Slider.  Unfortunately, our Forum software can't display your picture.  (It may be because of the Cyrillic characters in the address, or merely that it can't recognize the host.)

Do you have another host you can upload the picture to?  Otherwise, I suggest imgur.com, which can give photos links perfectly suited for BBCode (what this Forum uses). 

Also, what inspired your Forum nickname?

EDIT:  Slider, I moved the next 6-8 posts, with your photos and reactions to them, to the Pictures thread, starting here:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=215.msg66266#msg66266
You are already developing fans of your photography, so we hope you'll share more pictures in that thread.  :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:29:00 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Slider

« Reply #1426 on: September 16, 2015, 01:55:42 AM »
EDIT:  Slider, I moved the next 6-8 posts, with your photos and reactions to them, to the Pictures thread, starting here:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=215.msg66266#msg66266
You are already developing fans of your photography, so we hope you'll share more pictures in that thread.  :)

Ok ok I moved there =)
Native :russia:
medium :usa:
Spoken. very bad :japan:

Cerberyusu

• Pffft
« Reply #1427 on: September 18, 2015, 06:05:01 AM »
Well! I've been lurking around for long enough. And I was suggested to come to the introduction board so I did.

Hi, I'm Cerberyusu, "Ryusu" in short, or "Cerb" or "Erb", I don't know, just play around with it. Cerberyusu is my penname and the name I mostly use around the internet.

I was a lurker because I actually enjoy reading comments and threads more than making an input of my own. I'm shy-ish.

I'm an amateur artist myself, studied conceptual art and 3D-modeling for videogame-characters. Otherwise I'm self-taught pretty much. In other words, Internet taught me everything.

I believe quite genuinely it's Minna's artwork got me into the things I do now. Arts and stuff. I discovered her work around 2006 I think, and I've been a silent admirer since. Now I'm a forumite. What an upgrade!

By the way, great job with the forum. :3 It's clear in design and the threads are great!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1428 on: September 18, 2015, 06:48:09 AM »
Welcome Cerberyusu :) A cookie ? A cookie :squirrelcookie: We are have a lot of shy persons here, but it's internet magic : everybody find a place to speak or not, and you'll see, we're lucky to have a really nice and kind forum.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 07:07:56 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #1429 on: September 18, 2015, 06:54:47 AM »
Welcome Cerberyusu! Aaha, I understand your feeling shy. I am usually kind of a shy person myself.

But we're glad you decided to come here! Have fun.

Also, I agree, everyone I've met here so far is very kind and helpful. :)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1430 on: September 18, 2015, 01:42:58 PM »
Well! I've been lurking around for long enough. And I was suggested to come to the introduction board so I did.

Hi, I'm Cerberyusu, "Ryusu" in short, or "Cerb" or "Erb", I don't know, just play around with it. Cerberyusu is my penname and the name I mostly use around the internet.

I was a lurker because I actually enjoy reading comments and threads more than making an input of my own. I'm shy-ish.

I'm an amateur artist myself, studied conceptual art and 3D-modeling for videogame-characters. Otherwise I'm self-taught pretty much. In other words, Internet taught me everything.

I believe quite genuinely it's Minna's artwork got me into the things I do now. Arts and stuff. I discovered her work around 2006 I think, and I've been a silent admirer since. Now I'm a forumite. What an upgrade!

By the way, great job with the forum. :3 It's clear in design and the threads are great!

Welcome, Cerberyusu!  (I'm afraid I kept spelling your handle "Cerberus" because I'm a mythology geek.  ::))

Thanks for the kind words about the forum.  Much of the credit goes to its creator and head admin, Eich.  He laid it out and set its ground rules of courtesy and respect. 

Eriaror had a major role in its look-and-feel update (as well as a lot of the nifty new features), and admins/moderators Kjeks and Hushpiper do a ton behind the scenes to keep the Forum working smoothly, both technically and policy-wise.  Feartheviolas and I mostly focus on content moderation, and in the short time Viola's been a moderator she's already done a ton of great things, like cataloging all the Forum fan-art.

The actual thread content is due to the incredible talents, range of interests, and expressiveness of our members -- and I'm glad you're now one of their number!  Have fun on the Forum!

Sunflower
Skald (Content Moderator)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

shoop

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • sup homes
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1431 on: September 19, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »
A few helpful people pointed me to the introduction thread back when I first posted on the art museum, but I completely forgot to until just now! whoops. I hope it's not too late??

Hi! My handle is shoop, but you can also call me jessie. I'm hoping to become an illustrator/graphic designer but unfortunately I'm still in the process of switching over majors, so I will probably be 'that person who dumps art/fic and runs b/c they have three papers due'. What else...I really love english lit/history/music, and I'm so used to large fandoms sparking wars that I am still gingerly navigating the forum. Y'all are lovely, I just am not used to so many nice people in one place on the internet, haha.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #1432 on: September 19, 2015, 09:01:01 PM »
Welcome, all ye new people! :D Have you been squirrel-cookied yet? 'Cause if not:

:squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1433 on: September 19, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »
Hi! My handle is shoop, but you can also call me jessie. I'm hoping to become an illustrator/graphic designer but unfortunately I'm still in the process of switching over majors, so I will probably be 'that person who dumps art/fic and runs b/c they have three papers due'.

Hello and welcome! :。・:*:・゚'☆ It's nice to have a formal introduction. Definitely will look forward to your art dumps. :D A lot of people here share your interests, so I bet you'll fit in great!
I'm so used to large fandoms sparking wars that I am still gingerly navigating the forum. Y'all are lovely, I just am not used to so many nice people in one place on the internet, haha.

I understand what you mean entirely. Take your time. We won't eat you. ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #1434 on: September 19, 2015, 10:00:18 PM »
A few helpful people pointed me to the introduction thread back when I first posted on the art museum, but I completely forgot to until just now! whoops. I hope it's not too late??

Hi! My handle is shoop, but you can also call me jessie. I'm hoping to become an illustrator/graphic designer but unfortunately I'm still in the process of switching over majors, so I will probably be 'that person who dumps art/fic and runs b/c they have three papers due'. What else...I really love english lit/history/music, and I'm so used to large fandoms sparking wars that I am still gingerly navigating the forum. Y'all are lovely, I just am not used to so many nice people in one place on the internet, haha.

Hi, hello, welcome! And I definitely see what you mean about the fandom thing, but as Yuuago said, you can trust us not to eat you.

And about those people that share some interests with you, I am one of them.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #1435 on: September 19, 2015, 10:42:32 PM »
cookies !!!! =)))
metallurgy..
hmm..
Manufacturing of steel, aluminum and cast iron. Moulding of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Hot stove like dwarfs, you know, metallurgy)
Unfortunately, I work in the other direction and hot oven very far from me.

P.S. h1 Sharion =) cookies is best part of life!
I approve!

(Managed to get my acc back)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1436 on: September 20, 2015, 04:33:43 AM »
I approve!

(Managed to get my acc back)
Good to have you back, Oskutin. How is the game- making going?

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1437 on: September 20, 2015, 04:53:11 AM »
And more welcome cookies for shoop ! :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #1438 on: September 20, 2015, 12:00:37 PM »
Good to have you back, Oskutin. How is the game- making going?
Partial release in about a month.
And got some nice mediacoverage, even from finnish flag carrier newspaper.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #1439 on: September 20, 2015, 11:08:35 PM »
Sorry if I was supposed to make a post after not being on here for some time, so hello! I'm back, for a little while. XD Who knows though, it's been getting busy lately. :I

Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: