Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580840 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1410 on: September 11, 2015, 11:52:28 AM »
I use a hungarian horsebow I bought at a viking market! I'm in a local archery club that focuses on historical bows, so we attend a lot of viking markets and similar arrangements, to have an archery stand where we instruct people! I have no clue about modern archery, though.
you'll know where to find me.

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #1411 on: September 11, 2015, 11:58:48 AM »
I use a hungarian horsebow I bought at a viking market! I'm in a local archery club that focuses on historical bows, so we attend a lot of viking markets and similar arrangements, to have an archery stand where we instruct people! I have no clue about modern archery, though.

That sounds hardcore. History and archery? I want to join! And I've never even heard of a viking market, but that sounds awesome, too.

I use the plain jane modern compound bow. I actually don't have one at the moment (I just moved across the country and had to leave my old one, cue the weeping and gnashing of teeth) but I'm looking into getting a new one.
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Nevermore

• Super-Newbie
  • Quoth The Raven
« Reply #1412 on: September 11, 2015, 12:05:57 PM »
Haiz: I'm with Miss Honeyham, history and archery sounds amazing (as does that horsebow)! And a viking market? I would LOVE to have something like that where I live.

Miss Honeyham: NOOOO that must have been horrible leaving your bow behind! I hope you get a new one soon! I've never shot compound but it looked fun. 

Fluent: :usa:/ :uk:
Learning: :ireland:
Fragments: :france: :vaticancity:

Survived:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #1413 on: September 11, 2015, 12:11:46 PM »
Haiz: I'm with Miss Honeyham, history and archery sounds amazing (as does that horsebow)! And a viking market? I would LOVE to have something like that where I live.

Miss Honeyham: NOOOO that must have been horrible leaving your bow behind! I hope you get a new one soon! I've never shot compound but it looked fun.

It was pretty awful! Especially since I was the only person in my friend group who used one, so I ended up just leaving it behind, unwanted and unloved. And I used to shoot recurve when I was very small, but I'm a total weakling so when I restarted I decided to use one designed for weaklings. I love it. Ha.

(PS, should we be moving this conversation somewhere else? Like, is it ok for us to talk about archery and vikings here?? IDK???)
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1414 on: September 11, 2015, 12:16:48 PM »
It was pretty awful! Especially since I was the only person in my friend group who used one, so I ended up just leaving it behind, unwanted and unloved. And I used to shoot recurve when I was very small, but I'm a total weakling so when I restarted I decided to use one designed for weaklings. I love it. Ha.

(PS, should we be moving this conversation somewhere else? Like, is it ok for us to talk about archery and vikings here?? IDK???)

As one of the content moderators, I can say that we prefer to keep this thread for introductions, but we aren't ruthless about it.  TBH, we don't have an archery thread... yet.  You could... start one! 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1415 on: September 11, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »
YOU GUYS THIS IS SO GREAT!! ARCHERY! Do you know how hard it is for me to find people who care about archery??
I CARE ABOUT ARCHERY
I haven't been able to do it for years because it is a Camp Thing and I live in the city and other reasons
BUT I STILL CARE ABOUT ARCHERY
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Nevermore

• Super-Newbie
  • Quoth The Raven
« Reply #1416 on: September 12, 2015, 05:25:38 PM »
Yep we're going to need a archery thread. If one of you create it, I'll definitely follow it, but for now I'm going to slip out of the introduction thread so the archery discussion won't take over. XD

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks again to you guys for the warm welcome. :)

(Miss Honeyham: I'm sure you'll get used to the recurve bow again quickly. :) Or maybe you'll find another compound.)
Fluent: :usa:/ :uk:
Learning: :ireland:
Fragments: :france: :vaticancity:

Survived:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Slider

« Reply #1417 on: September 15, 2015, 02:29:29 AM »
h1 all.
I'm from the central European part of Russia. Nizhny Novgorod (about 400 km from Moscow to the east, do not get lost).
Master of metallurgy, photographer and designer.
In my spare time I read comics and watch high-quality anime.
This is the first fan forum at which I registered.
good day =)
Native :russia:
medium :usa:
Spoken. very bad :japan:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #1418 on: September 15, 2015, 04:33:00 AM »
Hello to all the newcomers, whom I haven't greeted yet! (Who are, as I'm glad to see, numerous. Our world-conquering army is growing nicely and steadily. :3 )

Ahoy, Slider!

First Olga Veresk, and now, another Russian artist! :) Welcome to the forum! Have you seen the anime discussion, and the webcomic discussion threads? (We also have one for photos, if you're interested, not to speak about the many-many other art threads, from crafts to drawings.)

Feel yourself at home, all of you, have some drinks from the banquet table, until Piney prepares the next dosage of squirrel cookies; browse and communicate to your heart's content!
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1419 on: September 15, 2015, 05:21:26 AM »
Welcome among us Slider :) Piney is not anymore the only one who can offer cookies ! :squirrelcookie:
I'm curious, what do you mean exactly by "metallurgy" ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Slider

« Reply #1420 on: September 15, 2015, 05:57:44 AM »
Welcome among us Slider :) Piney is not anymore the only one who can offer cookies ! :squirrelcookie:
I'm curious, what do you mean exactly by "metallurgy" ?

cookies !!!! =)))
metallurgy..
hmm..
Manufacturing of steel, aluminum and cast iron. Moulding of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Hot stove like dwarfs, you know, metallurgy)
Unfortunately, I work in the other direction and hot oven very far from me.

P.S. h1 Sharion =) cookies is best part of life!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:06:40 AM by Slider »

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1421 on: September 15, 2015, 06:16:33 AM »
So, metallurgy for work, not a hobby :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Slider

« Reply #1422 on: September 15, 2015, 06:32:47 AM »
So, metallurgy for work, not a hobby :)

Metallurgy was directed training at the university. We have free higher education, and you can choose what you are interested. Work really go to where they pay more.

I would like to engage in metallurgy - it's very interesting, but the conditions are not quite allow it.

But recently he traveled to another country. The total journey took 5100 km.

And what did you do this summer?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:49:14 AM by Slider »

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1423 on: September 15, 2015, 07:17:08 AM »

And what did you do this summer?

I only travelled for about 3000 km but hey, that was three countries and the motorbike recovered from its former problems it seems XD
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Slider

« Reply #1424 on: September 15, 2015, 07:29:04 AM »
I only travelled for about 3000 km but hey, that was three countries and the motorbike recovered from its former problems it seems XD

Which countries?
in motobike? its cool! You can show foto?