Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581006 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1395 on: September 10, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »
More readers ! Welcome here, Ari :) More cookies ? :squirrelcookie: (Ana and Piney were faster than me ^^)
Nobody will complain if you draw Reynir.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1396 on: September 10, 2015, 05:21:46 PM »
Hey there, my name is Ari-
I speak English, but I am planning to try learning Icelandic and/or Swedish. I am a very new reader, I ran through the entire comic on Monday(my friend has been telling me to read it for a few months, but I just got around to it, haha). I'm from the U.S, and I like to draw.

Also, my favorite character is Reynir, but I love Lalli too.

Wow, so many new people showing up today. *_* Hi Ari! It's great to have you here! I think everyone else covered the main things, so I'm just here to say 'welcome'!

I hope you plan to share your drawings with us? Especially if you do any of Reynir! : D He has such awesome hair, I love it.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1397 on: September 10, 2015, 05:31:04 PM »
Ooooh my, lots of new people :D This is the kind of activity I want to see!

Steinunn, welcome! I guessed you were Laufey's friend about halfway through your introduction :)

Markus, also welcome! Your art in the art museum is/was fantastic and you have a really pretty style :D

Ari, welcome to you too!! Fellow Reynir fan, woo! o/ although Sigrun will always be my one true love

Useful art-related thread links!
SSSS art museum
general art museum
art tutorial thread
art supply discussion thread

Have fun, everybody, and I hope you enjoy your stays here!
YEET

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #1398 on: September 10, 2015, 05:43:48 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :>
Also, I may share some Reynir doodles sometime, although I definitely prefer traditional over digital. It's easier for me, but sometimes I use digital to color. Usually, actually.

Welcome Ari!! Have some more squirrel cookies! o/

Also, hello fellow Reynir fan! :D *points to third link in my signature*

I followed your Reynir tumblr yesterday, I think! I was the one that asked about people who have a lot of SSSS on their blog. I kind of went crazy for a little bit, reblogging a lot of Reynir stuff. Whoops?

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1399 on: September 10, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »

I followed your Reynir tumblr yesterday, I think! I was the one that asked about people who have a lot of SSSS on their blog. I kind of went crazy for a little bit, reblogging a lot of Reynir stuff. Whoops?

Ahh, that was you! I was so surprised when I checked my activity yesterday :D Thank you for all those notes

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1400 on: September 10, 2015, 06:22:15 PM »
Hey, long time reader just joining the forum. Seems like this forum has a bit of a thing for languages, so sticking to the theme I speak norwegian and english wooo aren't I special. Currently studying french at uni though, so hope I'll be able to add that to the list in the future. Aspiring illustrator. Link to my tumblr on the little tumblr-icon to the left of this message there ;D

Hello fellow Norwegian (?), it's always nice to add to our sizable Norwegian tribe!

Hey there, my name is Ari-
I speak English, but I am planning to try learning Icelandic and/or Swedish. I am a very new reader, I ran through the entire comic on Monday(my friend has been telling me to read it for a few months, but I just got around to it, haha). I'm from the U.S, and I like to draw.

Also, my favorite character is Reynir, but I love Lalli too.

Welcome to the forum!

Nevermore

• Super-Newbie
  • Quoth The Raven
« Reply #1401 on: September 10, 2015, 06:59:17 PM »
I've been lurking on here for almost a year now, so it's probably high time to introduce myself. Right? Right.

Hey there! I'm Nevermore, It's a pleasure to meet you all!

I read aRTD which lead me to SSSS, which I've been reading since chapter 3. :) My family's probably getting tired of me talking about it ...
I'm the same age as Lalli, and I live on the east coast of America. I speak English, and I'm attempting to learn Irish, Scottish Gaelic, and Arabic. I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, archery, Marvel, BBC America, and ... I'm going to stop there or else we'll be here all day.

Anyway, I'm really happy to be here and I can't wait to get to know all of you!  ;D

Fluent: :usa:/ :uk:
Learning: :ireland:
Fragments: :france: :vaticancity:

Survived:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1402 on: September 10, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »
Welcome Nevermore (good choice of avatar) :) As you can see we still have cookies for you ! :squirrelcookie: I won't say you'll like to discover the forum after your months lurking, but, oh, well, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1403 on: September 10, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
I've been lurking on here for almost a year now, so it's probably high time to introduce myself. Right? Right.

I read aRTD which lead me to SSSS, which I've been reading since chapter 3. :) My family's probably getting tired of me talking about it ...
I'm the same age as Lalli, and I live on the east coast of America. I speak English, and I'm attempting to learn Irish, Scottish Gaelic, and Arabic. I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, archery, Marvel, BBC America, and ... I'm going to stop there or else we'll be here all day.

Anyway, I'm really happy to be here and I can't wait to get to know all of you!  ;D

Hi there, fellow 19-year-old east-coast-American! :D I humbly welcome you with some cookies:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Nevermore

• Super-Newbie
  • Quoth The Raven
« Reply #1404 on: September 10, 2015, 08:10:04 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! And for the cookies *munches*.

Edit: Thanks, Mélusine! I thought it was a good choice of avatar. In fact I like it so much I have it on a shirt of you can believe that. xD
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:04:22 AM by Nevermore »

Survived:

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #1405 on: September 11, 2015, 09:00:58 AM »

Another 19 year old east coast American who likes archery and BBC?? Be still my heart. ;)
Anyways, welcome to the group!
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Nevermore

• Super-Newbie
  • Quoth The Raven
« Reply #1406 on: September 11, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »
Thanks! It's always good to meet a fellow BBC and archery fan.  ;)

Survived:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1407 on: September 11, 2015, 11:26:03 AM »
Thanks! It's always good to meet a fellow BBC and archery fan.  ;)
dID YOU MENTION ARCHERY HI HELLO I AM ALSO AN ARCHER I LIKE SHOOTING ARROWS INTO TREE STUMPS AND STUFF
you'll know where to find me.

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #1408 on: September 11, 2015, 11:32:17 AM »
YOU GUYS THIS IS SO GREAT!! ARCHERY! Do you know how hard it is for me to find people who care about archery??
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Nevermore

• Super-Newbie
  • Quoth The Raven
« Reply #1409 on: September 11, 2015, 11:44:31 AM »
HI YES ARCHERY YES!!!! THE MORE ARCHERS THE BETTER! I TOO LIKE SHOOTING THINGS MAINLY THE TARGET BUT SOMETIMES THE FENCE.
I shoot olympic recurve, What about you guys?

Survived: