Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581082 times)

Lucy C

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1275 on: August 26, 2015, 08:03:27 PM »
Hello! I've found this great comic less than a week ago and I'm already addicted. I need to re-read it again and discover more details.

I'm Lucia, from Italy. Born in 1984, still technically younger than Sigrun. That means I'm not so old yet, right? Who cares, I don't feel like an adult most of the time.  ::)
My English could be better, especially if I wasn't so paranoid about writing (reading is Ok). I'm terribly introverted and my online activity is 99% lurking.
A few hobbies: astronomy and Disney comics, since I was a kid; making fractal art in recent years.
I occasionally try to draw fan art, but I haven't been very inspired lately; who knows, that could change now...

Forums are scary. Maybe I'm not going to post much, but I won't go away soon (even if it's just lurking).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:26:45 PM by Lucy C »
native: :italy:
could be worse: :uk:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1276 on: August 26, 2015, 08:13:45 PM »
Hello! I've found this great comic less than a week ago and I'm already addicted. I need to re-read it again and discover more details.

I'm Lucia, from Italy. Born in 1984, still technically younger than Sigrun. That means I'm not so old yet, right? Who cares, I don't feel like an adult most of the time.  ::)
My English could be better, especially if I wasn't so paranoid about writing (reading is Ok). I'm terribly introverted and my online activity is 99% lurking.
A few hobbies: astronomy and Disney comics, since I wak a kid; making fractal art in recent years.
I occasionally try to draw fan art, but I haven't been very inspired lately; who knows, that could change now...

Forums are scary. Maybe I'm not going to post much, but I won't go away soon (even if it's just lurking).
Welcome! Everyone here is very nice, so I'm sure the forum will seem less scary once you get used to it. Oh, and fractal art, that sounds really interesting, never heard of that before. c:
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1277 on: August 26, 2015, 08:21:37 PM »
Welcome! Everyone here is very nice, so I'm sure the forum will seem less scary once you get used to it. Oh, and fractal art, that sounds really interesting, never heard of that before. c:

Yes, welcome, Lucia!  We're all pleased to see someone with your talents and interests here.  I know we have an Aerospace Thread but maybe you'll be the catalyst for an astronomy thread. 

Don't feel obligated to post if you're uncomfortable, but we really do try to be an accepting and welcoming place.  Everyone is happy to answer questions or provide suggestions. 

And who knows -- you may end up like the many other people whose initial statements of "I don't think I'll be very active" or "I'm too shy to post" turned out to be *extremely* inaccurate.   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1278 on: August 26, 2015, 09:01:45 PM »

A few hobbies: astronomy and Disney comics, since I wak a kid; making fractal art in recent years.

Welcome Lucy! Have some squirrel cookies as a welcome present- (/◕ヮ◕)/

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1279 on: August 27, 2015, 04:34:33 AM »
Welcome Lucy :) Have a cookie

And who knows -- you may end up like the many other people whose initial statements of "I don't think I'll be very active" or "I'm too shy to post" turned out to be *extremely* inaccurate.   ;)
*Coughs and try to be discreet* Well, I won't repeat... ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Lucy C

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1280 on: August 27, 2015, 12:28:30 PM »
Thank you all (and thanks for the cookies!)  :)
native: :italy:
could be worse: :uk:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #1281 on: August 27, 2015, 03:39:25 PM »

A few hobbies: astronomy and Disney comics, since I was a kid; making fractal art in recent years.

AAAAH ANOTHER ITALIAN! We need more Italian Minnions, I'm feeling so lonely here.

I think your English is just fine, and want to see your fanart. Also, "I probably won't post much" are the famous words that bring to... Well...

Click on Forum stats. Look for Haiz. Or me. Or many other Minnions...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:41:20 PM by Nimphy »
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1282 on: August 27, 2015, 04:50:27 PM »

Welcome! This forum isn't scary at all. Like, I can't actually think of anything about it that is remotely scary, so don't worry. Your introduction does remind me of a certain member of ours that is now blatantly posting everywhere all the time, so chances are your nervousness will pass.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1283 on: August 27, 2015, 04:54:24 PM »
Also, "I probably won't post much" are the famous words that bring to... Well...

Your introduction does remind me of a certain member of ours that is now blatantly posting everywhere all the time, so chances are your nervousness will pass.
*squints*
(the last one doesnt have to be about me not everything is about me)

HELLO all new members!!!! I can confirm that this forum is super nice and we have cookies and cool threads, I hope you have fun!!
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1284 on: August 27, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »
Hi! Welcome! I hope you like it here! Everyone is really nice, and there are people from all corners of the planet.

Also, "I probably won't post much" are the famous words that bring to... Well...

*goes over and stands with Haiz and Nimphy in the "I Won't Post Much Corner"*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Marienara

« Reply #1285 on: August 28, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »
I suppose I should introduce myself here. I've been following SSSS for a while now, and have been reading through all the discus comments when I have time, and you'll see me speak up there occasionally, but I have not been to the forum for fear it would suck me in.

I was born in the Pacific Northwest in the United States, and that is still where I live today, though I did spend a few years in other locations in my country, I missed my green covered mountains. I did take four years of German in high school, but I haven't had anyone to speak it with, and so have forgotten most of the vocabulary in the 11 years since I graduated. I know a few phrases in Japanese and Mandarin, and my husband speaks Spanish (fluently, but I haven't learned yet).

Currently I stay at home to tend to my tiny boy who is almost 16 months old. My husband makes honeystix (straws filled with honey that are sometimes flavored) and will soon be writing for a major computer hardware review site.

I like to write, I love to read, and Anime is usually well received. My all time favorite video game is called Wurmonline (http://www.wurmonline.com/) It's a sandbox MMO that I have played since 2007. If you ever check it out you'll find me in the Black Legion on the Chaos server with the same name you see here.

Mélusine

« Reply #1286 on: August 28, 2015, 01:02:40 PM »
Welcome, Marienara :) A lot of us enjoy writing or reading, you will certainly feel good here. A cookie ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1287 on: August 28, 2015, 02:00:20 PM »
[...]I have not been to the forum for fear it would suck me in.

I was born in the Pacific Northwest in the United States, and that is still where I live today, though I did spend a few years in other locations in my country, I missed my green covered mountains[...]
Welcome, fellow Northwesterner! I tried touring colleges in other parts of the country, but it was winter/early spring and EVERYTHING WAS GREY and I was just like "nope not gonna do this to myself"
ahahaha too late, you've been sucked in already! >:)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1288 on: August 28, 2015, 02:56:21 PM »
I suppose I should introduce myself here. I've been following SSSS for a while now, and have been reading through all the discus comments when I have time, and you'll see me speak up there occasionally, but I have not been to the forum for fear it would suck me in.

I was born in the Pacific Northwest in the United States, and that is still where I live today, though I did spend a few years in other locations in my country, I missed my green covered mountains. I did take four years of German in high school, but I haven't had anyone to speak it with, and so have forgotten most of the vocabulary in the 11 years since I graduated. I know a few phrases in Japanese and Mandarin, and my husband speaks Spanish (fluently, but I haven't learned yet).

Currently I stay at home to tend to my tiny boy who is almost 16 months old. My husband makes honeystix (straws filled with honey that are sometimes flavored) and will soon be writing for a major computer hardware review site.

I like to write, I love to read, and Anime is usually well received. My all time favorite video game is called Wurmonline (http://www.wurmonline.com/) It's a sandbox MMO that I have played since 2007. If you ever check it out you'll find me in the Black Legion on the Chaos server with the same name you see here.

Welcome :) I am looking forward to more details on your story.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1289 on: August 28, 2015, 04:30:30 PM »
Hello, Marienara, I'm glad to meet another Washingtonian (hope you're getting some rain too)!  Reading, writing, stories...this is a great community for all sorts of creativity.  And getting sucked into it is a danger...Except I'm still too much of an introvert to post a lot on here...
Enjoy your time here and have some of the cookies people fling around in celebration (so long as it's not a Troll House cookie).
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.