Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581137 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1185 on: August 11, 2015, 08:29:12 PM »
Hello everyone!

You may call me Cliodna. I am a 21-year old female from Estonia. I've been watching Minna on deviantART for years, but only recently gave her webcomics a try, plowed through both of them and loved every page.

My hobbies are mainly art and roleplaying, with a side of prehistory and animation. I've LARPed a bit in my life, as well as played Pathfinder and DnD, with the biggest obstacle being that until recently I lived in an area with no other roleplayers in the vicinity. I mostly do freeform or semi-freeform roleplays in Skype or roll20. I draw illustrations of my characters, as well as scenes from my stories and roleplays and dream about learning to make cartoons. As a kid I wanted to become "the one who catches the Loch Ness monster". The urge to do so has passed, but I've held an interest in dinosaurs ever since.

I've recommended SSSS to my roll20 gaming group, which includes an icelander who seemed pleased to see his country represented. I love how this comic treats finnish magic. My favorite character is Lalli and I half-jokingly ship him with Emil.

I am currently in the middle of weaving some headcanon regarding tiny surviving Estonian settlements in Saimaa and their attempts to clean Gogland. I'm considering writing it all up and publishing it somewhere on the forum, but I'm afraid that my national pride would shine through like a cornflower-colored barnswallow-patterned beacon thus clouding my judgement. :P

Welcome to the forum! You may have already seen these, but there's a Survivor Colony thread that you might like to share your Estonia theories there :D We also have LOTS of art threads!

We also have a SSSS-based RP thread that you might find interesting, and I know that there's a group of D+D players somewhere around here... I hope that helped, and have a wonderful time on the forums! :))
YEET

Cliodna

• DeviantArt
  • Celibate because I don't give a ****
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #1186 on: August 11, 2015, 08:46:45 PM »
OH an estonian *u* HELLO
*didn't read more after "from estonia"*
Hello friendly hungarian! Thank you for the welcome. Am I the first one of my kind to the party?

Welcome to the forum! You may have already seen these, but there's a Survivor Colony thread that you might like to share your Estonia theories there :D We also have LOTS of art threads!

We also have a SSSS-based RP thread that you might find interesting, and I know that there's a group of D+D players somewhere around here... I hope that helped, and have a wonderful time on the forums! :))
Thank you for the warm welcome. :) I'm already most of the way through the survivor communities forum thread (which offers a lot of ideas) and I've got my eyes set on the Self-inserts thread. I'll definitely be checking out the art threads and the roleplay as well, though I can't promise that I'll join either because of time constraints.
Fluent: :estonia: :uk:
Fluent if I hadn't slept through class: :germany: :finland:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1187 on: August 11, 2015, 11:12:34 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome. :) I'm already most of the way through the survivor communities forum thread (which offers a lot of ideas) and I've got my eyes set on the Self-inserts thread. I'll definitely be checking out the art threads and the roleplay as well, though I can't promise that I'll join either because of time constraints.

Oooh, definitely join us in the self-insert thread :D As the forum's most prolific Self-Insert AU Creator, (what a weeby title) I look forward to seeing you there!
YEET

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1188 on: August 12, 2015, 01:04:28 AM »
(Oh man, I haven't been keeping up with my welcoming duties)
Welcome Olga, Cliodna, and (formally) Kat! Have some cookies! *insert cookie emoji here* Y'know, there should actually be a cookie emoji for the forum by now...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1189 on: August 13, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »
I am currently in the middle of weaving some headcanon regarding tiny surviving Estonian settlements in Saimaa and their attempts to clean Gogland. I'm considering writing it all up and publishing it somewhere on the forum, but I'm afraid that my national pride would shine through like a cornflower-colored barnswallow-patterned beacon thus clouding my judgement. :P

Finally Estonia can into Nordics!

Welcome to the forum! D20 is a great hobby. Ufortunately the work with making an SSSS one has stalled at the moment but who knows, maybe you'll join us for a game at some point.

Cliodna

• DeviantArt
  • Celibate because I don't give a ****
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #1190 on: August 13, 2015, 02:32:20 PM »
(Oh man, I haven't been keeping up with my welcoming duties)
Welcome Olga, Cliodna, and (formally) Kat! Have some cookies! *insert cookie emoji here* Y'know, there should actually be a cookie emoji for the forum by now...
*noms on the cookie*

Finally Estonia can into Nordics!

Welcome to the forum! D20 is a great hobby. Ufortunately the work with making an SSSS one has stalled at the moment but who knows, maybe you'll join us for a game at some point.
Does that mean I can party with the cute boys now? :O
I'd be delighted to join an online tabletop game at some point and hope that the work on it continues. I despise filling character sheets, but playing itself is fun.
Fluent: :estonia: :uk:
Fluent if I hadn't slept through class: :germany: :finland:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1191 on: August 13, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »
Does that mean I can party with the cute boys now? :O
I'd be delighted to join an online tabletop game at some point and hope that the work on it continues. I despise filling character sheets, but playing itself is fun.

Yay! More SatW fans! *high five*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Syrah

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1192 on: August 13, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »
Terve!
My name is Syrah (well not really, but in here anyway), I'm sixteen years old (for real) and was born in Germany.
I am however currently spending a gap/excgange year in Finland, and even though I've only been here for a couple of weeks I've really enjoyed  my time so far.
I have only stumbled about this magnificent piece of art a while ago, but I read the available pages in two days, aRTD in one day and then both for a second time. Yes, one could call me a binge reader.
I just love everything about Minnas comics:
The art stile (probably doesn't need an explanation), the setting (friggin Fenno-Scandinavia + Iceland! Where else do you see that?), the characters (or my beloved children as I call them) as well as the story (Or stories. aRTD was awesome as well.)
Well, I hope we'll have a good time together and be able to enjoy a long time of amazing webcomics by Minna.
Heipa!
Some falsely matched quotes:

"I'll be there to catch you if you fall."
-the floor

"Every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, evry step you take, I'll be watching you. Every single day, every word you sa, every game you play, I'll be watching you."
-Google

"Been there, done that."
-Neil Armstrong

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1193 on: August 13, 2015, 05:17:10 PM »
Welcome Syrah :) Take a cookie. Or two. We have plenty.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #1194 on: August 13, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »
Terve!
My name is Syrah (well not really, but in here anyway), I'm sixteen years old (for real) and was born in Germany.
I am however currently spending a gap/excgange year in Finland, and even though I've only been here for a couple of weeks I've really enjoyed  my time so far.
I have only stumbled about this magnificent piece of art a while ago, but I read the available pages in two days, aRTD in one day and then both for a second time. Yes, one could call me a binge reader.
The art stile (probably doesn't need an explanation), the setting (friggin Fenno-Scandinavia + Iceland! Where else do you see that?), the characters (or my beloved children as I call them) as well as the story (Or stories. aRTD was awesome as well.)
Well, I hope we'll have a good time together and be able to enjoy a long time of amazing webcomics by Minna.
Heipa!

Welcome! Wieder jemand Deutsches, woo! I'm sure you'll love it here; everyone is really nice. =D
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1195 on: August 13, 2015, 09:30:12 PM »
Terve!
Heipa!

Welcome Syrah!! I see you've already been offered cookies, so I'll just pop in and say I hope you enjoy your stay on the forum! :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Syrah

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1196 on: August 15, 2015, 12:27:58 AM »
Thanks to all of you! ;)
I'm sure we'll have lots of fun together!
Some falsely matched quotes:

"I'll be there to catch you if you fall."
-the floor

"Every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, evry step you take, I'll be watching you. Every single day, every word you sa, every game you play, I'll be watching you."
-Google

"Been there, done that."
-Neil Armstrong

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #1197 on: August 15, 2015, 07:42:45 AM »
Wow, this place is a lot bigger than I thought 0_0 I've been thinking about going to these forums for quite a while, but never really did. Now I realize that they're quite big, feels like a daunting task to get started XD.

Anyways, hi, my name is Hans, but you can call me Rawen if you'd prefer that (a lot easier to remember, since it's part of my username :P), and I'm 20 years old. I just finished a bachelor in history, but I found out half-way through the bachelor grade that I don't really want to work with history, so I'm going to uni again next year to do biology. I'm Norwegian, born and raised in Bergen and all that.

I started reading SSSS when it first came out, as I had been reading Redtail's before that. My hobbies are... well, the main ones would be writing, drawing, reading, playing and listening to music, learning about different subjects (Biology, chemistry, history, psychology and law being my favorite topics) and playing video-games. I speak Norwegian (and understand Danish and Swedish as a result), English and German, as well as can read and understand some Icelandic.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1198 on: August 15, 2015, 07:57:22 AM »
Wow, this place is a lot bigger than I thought 0_0 I've been thinking about going to these forums for quite a while, but never really did. Now I realize that they're quite big, feels like a daunting task to get started XD.

Anyways, hi, my name is Hans, but you can call me Rawen if you'd prefer that (a lot easier to remember, since it's part of my username :P), and I'm 20 years old. I just finished a bachelor in history, but I found out half-way through the bachelor grade that I don't really want to work with history, so I'm going to uni again next year to do biology. I'm Norwegian, born and raised in Bergen and all that.

I started reading SSSS when it first came out, as I had been reading Redtail's before that. My hobbies are... well, the main ones would be writing, drawing, reading, playing and listening to music, learning about different subjects (Biology, chemistry, history, psychology and law being my favorite topics) and playing video-games. I speak Norwegian (and understand Danish and Swedish as a result), English and German, as well as can read and understand some Icelandic.
heyooo fellow norwegian!!! of all the nordic countries, seems like it's most of us here, huh. Welcome to the forum!! If you like drawing, writing and reading, you should definitely check out the forum and scriptorium threads!!
you'll know where to find me.

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #1199 on: August 15, 2015, 09:36:30 AM »
heyooo fellow norwegian!!! of all the nordic countries, seems like it's most of us here, huh. Welcome to the forum!! If you like drawing, writing and reading, you should definitely check out the forum and scriptorium threads!!

Hi, and thanks. (: And there's a lot of Norwegians here? That's cool. Where are the scriptorium threads? In general discussion?