Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580869 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1155 on: August 07, 2015, 02:34:06 PM »
I probably won't be able to craft a bumper-sticker saying "Keep Calm and Call Sigrun," but I'd be happy to keep the fan site lively however I can.
I feel like Mikkel would be the better option in that case :P

Welcome to the forum! :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1156 on: August 07, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »
Hello all! My real name is Johanna, Johannabelle is a nickname. I hail from the rainy west coast of the United States and I'm only fluent in English, for now. I attempted learning German a while ago, but it wasn't originally my idea, so it sort of faded away. Though I know tiny snippets, it's not really substantial enough to begin to understand anything.

I found aRTD a couple months ago when I was looking through landscapes on Deviantart. Minna had a beautiful drawing of the waterway in chapter 3 of aRTD and she said it was from her webcomic. I was pretty bored, so reading a webcomic seemed like a great idea, and it was! A Redtail's Dream was absolutely wonderful, and once I finished it I started on SSSS late June. Before I started reading, I was a little skeptical because I was not a huge fan of post-apocalyptic stuff, but I read it anyways. It was definitely worth it. ;D

Mostly I like to draw, and I actually don't usually comment on anything online, so this is a rare appearance. Maybe I'll be more active here? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've actually been stalking the forums here for about a month, and finally decided to make an account.

Also, if procrastination was an olympic sport, I'd be a multi gold medalist. I made this account last night and put off introducing myself until now. Not to mention I put off even joining the forums for a month. XD
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1157 on: August 07, 2015, 03:55:55 PM »
Mostly I like to draw, and I actually don't usually comment on anything online, so this is a rare appearance. Maybe I'll be more active here?

Hi! Welcome! I was the same way, I never made comments on any internet things, and then I made a post here (although I had an account for almost a week before my first post) and now I have many many posts here :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1158 on: August 07, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »
Ah, well I've already gotten over the first step of coming out of my shell here. I aspire to have that many posts someday :D

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #1159 on: August 07, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »
Ah, well I've already gotten over the first step of coming out of my shell here. I aspire to have that many posts someday :D

Did you draw your avatar? I really really like it.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1160 on: August 07, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
I did! Just finished it a couple hours ago actually, drew it specifically for here. It could still probably be used for other places though.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #1161 on: August 07, 2015, 04:12:54 PM »
I did! Just finished it a couple hours ago actually, drew it specifically for here. It could still probably be used for other places though.

Wow! If you ever get involved in the art community here (which I highly recommend) I would love to do an art trade with you :)

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1162 on: August 07, 2015, 04:18:03 PM »
I just might! It'll sure give me something to do. XD

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1163 on: August 07, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »
I hereby present these cookies to the recent newbies whom I haven't welcomed:

Mostly I like to draw, and I actually don't usually comment on anything online, so this is a rare appearance. Maybe I'll be more active here? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Famous last words

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1164 on: August 07, 2015, 04:50:49 PM »
I'm new to fan communities in general and completely new to online fan sites. I probably won't be able to craft a bumper-sticker saying "Keep Calm and Call Sigrun," but I'd be happy to keep the fan site lively however I can.
Mostly I like to draw, and I actually don't usually comment on anything online, so this is a rare appearance. Maybe I'll be more active here? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Famous last words
Hi! Welcome! I was the same way, I never made comments on any internet things, and then I made a post here (although I had an account for almost a week before my first post) and now I have many many posts here :D

Piney is right -- "famous last words."

Like Everett, I was completely new to online fan sites before SSSS.  I kind of thought it was all "Twilight" and "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" and nothing of interest to an ADULT.  Oh, how very wrong I was!   :o

Then Eich opened our Forum last Sept. 1, I signed up, and.... 2,500+ posts later, here I am, hopelessly devoted not just to SSSS but the Forum and all you crazy, wonderful, creative people.  They'll have to pry my cold, dead hands off the keys! 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1165 on: August 07, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »
Famous last words

:P I hope they are. Also, cookies, yay!
Like Everett, I was completely new to online fan sites before SSSS.

SSSS changes people. For the better, of course.  ;)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1166 on: August 07, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »
SSSS changes people. For the better, of course.  ;)
If you would've told me this time last year that I will eventually have very specific knowledge about the scandinavian countries and a strong desire to visit Iceland, I'd be like "what? pfffffft, NO."

and yet here we are :I
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #1167 on: August 07, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »
If you would've told me this time last year that I will eventually have very specific knowledge about the scandinavian countries and a strong desire to visit Iceland, I'd be like "what? pfffffft, NO."

Yes yes everyone should go to Iceland

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1168 on: August 07, 2015, 05:30:06 PM »

Saaaaaaame. Especially the Iceland part

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Everett Asimov

• I'm always a bit lost.
« Reply #1169 on: August 07, 2015, 06:08:02 PM »
Thanks for the cookies, Piney! Also,

Iceland sounded cool before, now it's just eating at me like a rash.