Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581103 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1140 on: July 27, 2015, 02:23:40 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm bread. I just recently found and read SSSS through Hiveworks' website and got hooked by the community and art style. I have already lurked in this forum for some time.

I'm from New Zealand: the land of birds and trees. I have a profession in sleeping and also has a fascination with most languages and cultures. I'm mostly studying mathematics, art and several other things. I hope to become an artist maybe later in the future though it is unlikely.

I'm basically that person who can't make coherent sentences and end up making awkward scenes with engrish.

I don't know what else to say soo yeah  :P
I look forward to being able to join this community
So I've already made a few posts, but never formally introduced myself. My name is Ailis, I'm 15 and from northern Idaho. My uncle got me started on SSSS last November, but I didn't start reading regularly until April, so I'm relatively new I suppose. Fun fact, I've never met another Ailis, and am torn between wanting to because its a rare name and not wanting to so I can continue to say I've never met one. My username on Disqus is different from this one, on there I'm Ailis G.

Hello hello! Here are the promised cookies!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Agrasshopper

« Reply #1141 on: July 27, 2015, 03:26:29 PM »
Welcome Agrasshopper ! Let me guess : you're a Doctor Who fan ;)

Yeah, I was very bored over summer vacation, so I wrote out all of the character names in Gallifreyan and the picture thing is Stand Still Stay Silent written in Gallifreyan as well.
:usa: Native
:spain: Learning

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1142 on: July 27, 2015, 11:25:50 PM »
Yeah, I was very bored over summer vacation, so I wrote out all of the character names in Gallifreyan and the picture thing is Stand Still Stay Silent written in Gallifreyan as well.

Yesss, Gallifreyan stuff! I like you already  ;)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

bread

« Reply #1143 on: July 28, 2015, 03:04:02 AM »
Dude, another kiwi. Which part of this blessed land do you hail from. Me, Auckland, but I used to be from Wellington.

Also, happy Maori language week (te wiki o te reo maori?). There will be cookies to celebrate your coming. Don't worry, no squirrels were harmed in the making of piney's cookies, I promise.

* Dane Murgen does a pinkie promise and stuff.

Yass. Someone else who is from New Zealand, I hail from Wellington. I was already prepared for cookies  8)

RC1138

• In Soviet Russia clones uses Pallpatin!!!
« Reply #1144 on: August 03, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »
Umm... hello?
Here's your personal headache! I'm RC eleven-thrity-eight, or Gordon. No, it's not my real name. My real name is Vladislav, but plz dont call me that.

Also, my english is terrible. Have a nice day!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1145 on: August 03, 2015, 12:09:05 PM »
Umm... hello?
Here's your personal headache! I'm RC eleven-thrity-eight, or Gordon. No, it's not my real name. My real name is Vladislav, but plz dont call me that.

Welcome, RC.  Your English is hardly "terrible" if you know the "Russian Reversal" trope.  :) (It takes a lot of knowledge of a culture and language to make jokes in it.) 

It's always nice to meet more readers from the Slavic cultural sphere.  Personally, I'm curious as to what the Known World might find by venturing east over the Finnish border, rather than west and south through Denmark.  But Minna has said she has many more adventures in mind for her crew, including a really long voyage of discovery, so who knows where they might go next! 

I'm curious:  Is the "Browning" in your signature a reference to Robert Browning or Elizabeth Barrett Browning?  I don't run into many other fans of Victorian poetry here.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:25:07 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1146 on: August 03, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »
Umm... hello?

Oh, another Republic Commando fan! Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious:  Is the "Browning" in your signature a reference to Robert Browning or Elizabeth Barrett Browning?  I don't run into many other fans of Victorian poetry here.   ;)

Could be neither. Could be the gunsmith Browning.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:57:02 PM by Fimbulvarg »

RC1138

« Reply #1147 on: August 03, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »
Hi, Sunflower. Thanks for а warm wellcome. I hope, that i can communicate here soon, using a Google Translater, MGS walktroght experience and souls of fallen teachers))).
Browning? I mean that guy. Yeah, gunsmith.

Fimbulvarg, thanks. Yes, i like that game. Vibrokhife rulez.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1148 on: August 03, 2015, 01:06:12 PM »
Hi, Sunflower. Thanks for а warm wellcome. I hope, that i can communicate here soon, using a Google Translater, MGS walktroght experience and souls of fallen teachers))).
Browning? I mean that guy. Yeah, gunsmith.
I was teasing about the Victorian poets.  ;D  Given the interests reflected in our Forum, I kiiiiind of suspected you meant Browning the gunsmith.

Speaking of guns, we have a whole thread about firearms:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=222.0
And one for edged weapons (with a certain amount of overlap with other kinds):  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=441.0

Plus, the various RPG and Self-Insert threads can certainly use someone with an interest in weaponry.  It's been noted that although many SSSS characters carry guns, Minna doesn't seem interested in drawing them in photo-realistic detail.  Which leaves a lot of room for discussion! 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

RC1138

« Reply #1149 on: August 03, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
Yeah, i see it. Poor AKMoid, in one page large like G3, in next page small like MP5)))

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1150 on: August 03, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »
Yeah, i see it. Poor AKMoid, in one page large like G3, in next page small like MP5)))
Shapesizeshifting technology. The cat-tank has it, too, especially on the insides. ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1151 on: August 03, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »
Shapesizeshifting technology. The cat-tank has it, too, especially on the insides. ;)

YES! Exactly, I swear the cat tank is bigger on the inside...  ;)
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Everett Asimov

• I'm always a bit lost.
« Reply #1152 on: August 06, 2015, 08:18:18 PM »
Hello there,

I'm Everett Asimov and that is my name because I have an awesome name. Not really, it's Mike. But Everett is my middle name and Issac Asimov might have had the more influence on me than any other author. I'm 22, I live in the U.S, (the Midwest to be more particular), and I sought this fan page out after desperately trying to convert all my friends and family to Minna's amazing SSSS comic. Haven't got any bites yet, so until then I hope I can nerd out with all of you.

I'm just getting started reading webcomics. It started with Broodhollow, which I'll attach if anyone wants a peak. Great stuff I thought. Then I ran out of pages and I need more. Soon after Broodhollow partnered up with Hiveworks and now I'm reading several of theirs including Mare Internum, The Boy Who Fell, Sfeer Theory, and now SSSS. I haven't been able to get anyone to read these either so if you're a fan, please. My fanboy heart is bleeding.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1153 on: August 06, 2015, 08:29:54 PM »
Hello there,

I'm Everett Asimov and that is my name because I have an awesome name. Not really, it's Mike. But Everett is my middle name and Issac Asimov might have had the more influence on me than any other author. I'm 22, I live in the U.S, (the Midwest to be more particular), and I sought this fan page out after desperately trying to convert all my friends and family to Minna's amazing SSSS comic. Haven't got any bites yet, so until then I hope I can nerd out with all of you.

I'm just getting started reading webcomics. It started with Broodhollow, which I'll attach if anyone wants a peak. Great stuff I thought. Then I ran out of pages and I need more. Soon after Broodhollow partnered up with Hiveworks and now I'm reading several of theirs including Mare Internum, The Boy Who Fell, Sfeer Theory, and now SSSS. I haven't been able to get anyone to read these either so if you're a fan, please. My fanboy heart is bleeding.

Welcome, Everett!  Isaac Asimov is certainly a name to conjure with.

You'll find a lot of friendly people to "nerd out" with, whatever your interests.  For starters, we have a whole Webcomics thread.  Music, anime, games (including several fan-created attempts at an SSSS-themed RPG), weaponry, food, bridge engineering, art, cosplay... it's limitless! 

I'm pleased to see another Mare Internum fan.  I think it's terrific -- but then, I'm hopelessly addicted to "The Meek" and I'm thrilled that the author, Der-Shing Helmer, is actually updating them *both* now. 

One small item:  We actually don't allow attachments due to space limits.  (So we should probably change the label under in-progress messages...)  Instead, we suggest you link to an online image using the "img" command (the "Mona Lisa" button at the left end of the 2nd row above). 

Don't hesitate to ask for help or suggestions.  We work to keep this forum a friendly, welcoming place. 

Yours,
Sunflower
Forum-Skald and Content Moderator

Everett Asimov

• I'm always a bit lost.
« Reply #1154 on: August 07, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
Thanks Sunflower! I'll keep the attachment limits in mind and head right over to the webcomics section. Also, if I post something that sticks out or if I can do anything to pull my weight as a fan, let me know. I'm new to fan communities in general and completely new to online fan sites. I probably won't be able to craft a bumper-sticker saying "Keep Calm and Call Sigrun," but I'd be happy to keep the fan site lively however I can.