Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580870 times)

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1125 on: July 23, 2015, 06:06:08 AM »
Welcome! French horn, huh? Very nice, in my next life I want to become a french horn player (seriously, just listening to various film scores gets me itching for it...)
Maybe you want to check out our various Music threads, we are always looking for participants.  :D
I have seen your art, I like it and I hope to see more in the future!
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1126 on: July 23, 2015, 07:02:38 AM »
Hello everyone!

I thought I'd make use of the chapter break to join the forum.

I am currently in uni as a second year bachelor student, reading Japanese and Chinese Studies.
Despite this, I am not sure I will ever speak both languages... *sigh*
Outside of uni and SSSS, my interests are reading, writing, botany, all kinds of language related info, my pets, ancient history (from time to time), myths and different religions and philosophical theories. Alas, I don't really know a lot about any of those (there aren't enough hours in the day - and I like sleeping too much)!
I have been following Minna's work form the early pages of a RTD and was more than a bit excited when she finally started SSSS.

Well, that's it.
Pleased to make your acquaintances!
hellooo!!! wow, your interests sound really nice and it sounds like you'll fit right in here. There's the language board, a pet thread, scriptorium threads... I'm sure you'll find a lot of cool things to read and participate in during the break ^___^ welcome to the forum!

Hello all!
So yes, I am Mogram. I'm fourteen, I play french horn and violin (uh, fiddle) and I'm from Australia, on the east coast kinda bit. I've been reading SSSS since the dream sequence when Lalli first encountered Reynir (gosh, that feels like a long time ago!). I'm pretty much a complete newbie to the forum, though I've posted a couple things in the Art Museum.
So yeah, that's pretty much it I guess. Pleasure to meet you all! Have a nice day!
HELLO FELLOW FIDDLER! Welcome to the forum, I've seen your art and I like it a lot, so I hope you keep contributing!
you'll know where to find me.

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1127 on: July 23, 2015, 11:36:24 AM »
Welcome new forumites! :D Piney should be along with your cookies shortly!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Asterales

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1128 on: July 23, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
hellooo!!! wow, your interests sound really nice and it sounds like you'll fit right in here. There's the language board, a pet thread, scriptorium threads... I'm sure you'll find a lot of cool things to read and participate in during the break ^___^ welcome to the forum!

Yes! And now that semester break started, I finally have enough time to join ya wonderful folks!
Thank you for the welcome  :)

Welcome new forumites! :D Piney should be along with your cookies shortly!

Thank you for the welcome as well *waves* ...  although I will now always think of us as cookie eating bugs... *looks a little down* but that is fine... It means proportionally more cookie to eat! *insane grin*
Native :germany:
Pretty alright :uk:
Not used for longer than learned :spain: :france:
Getting better :japan:
Rather awful :china:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1129 on: July 23, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »
Thank you for the welcome as well *waves* ...  although I will now always think of us as cookie eating bugs... *looks a little down* but that is fine... It means proportionally more cookie to eat! *insane grin*
Oohhhh, you've got a baaad forumite infestation, ma'am. Once those critters get into your cookie jar, they can take it out in seconds.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1130 on: July 23, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »
Did someone say cookies?

(sparkles not included)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1131 on: July 23, 2015, 01:55:05 PM »
Did someone say cookies?

(sparkles not included)
*Please allow 6-8 weeks for sparkle delivery
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Asterales

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1132 on: July 23, 2015, 06:58:08 PM »
Oohhhh, you've got a baaad forumite infestation, ma'am. Once those critters get into your cookie jar, they can take it out in seconds.

No! *hides cookie jar* You can have my money! My food you can not! (Seriously though - sometimes I begrudge my bunnies their carrots. I feel ashamed.) Anyone who gives me food though... well I find it hard to dislike them.  ;D

Did someone say cookies?

(sparkles not included)

Why, hello, my new favorite neighbourhood tree!

... actually I think I will go find something to eat now. Or go to bed. Hmmm. Just which is the better option...? *scratches head and slinks off*
Native :germany:
Pretty alright :uk:
Not used for longer than learned :spain: :france:
Getting better :japan:
Rather awful :china:

CrypticalCat75

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1133 on: July 24, 2015, 05:09:59 PM »
Hello :)
Long time listener, first time caller. I'm american; from Maine. Um, I'm a 30ish male who works with tractors? I would like to know the appropriate place to ask questions about the comic? Thank you

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1134 on: July 24, 2015, 05:38:26 PM »
Long time listener, first time caller. I'm american; from Maine. Um, I'm a 30ish male who works with tractors? I would like to know the appropriate place to ask questions about the comic? Thank you

*Adjusts headset, presses button.*
Yes, caller, you're on the air.  Forum-Skald Sunflower here.  What kind of questions do you have?

(Also:  Oooo, tractors!  Tuuri will like you!  We have threads for aficionados of large machinery and/or agriculture...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

bread

« Reply #1135 on: July 27, 2015, 04:25:55 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm bread. I just recently found and read SSSS through Hiveworks' website and got hooked by the community and art style. I have already lurked in this forum for some time.

I'm from New Zealand: the land of birds and trees. I have a profession in sleeping and also has a fascination with most languages and cultures. I'm mostly studying mathematics, art and several other things. I hope to become an artist maybe later in the future though it is unlikely.

I'm basically that person who can't make coherent sentences and end up making awkward scenes with engrish.

I don't know what else to say soo yeah  :P
I look forward to being able to join this community

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #1136 on: July 27, 2015, 05:35:41 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm bread. I just recently found and read SSSS through Hiveworks' website and got hooked by the community and art style. I have already lurked in this forum for some time.

I'm from New Zealand: the land of birds and trees. I have a profession in sleeping and also has a fascination with most languages and cultures. I'm mostly studying mathematics, art and several other things. I hope to become an artist maybe later in the future though it is unlikely.

I'm basically that person who can't make coherent sentences and end up making awkward scenes with engrish.

I don't know what else to say soo yeah  :P
I look forward to being able to join this community

Dude, another kiwi. Which part of this blessed land do you hail from. Me, Auckland, but I used to be from Wellington.

Also, happy Maori language week (te wiki o te reo maori?). There will be cookies to celebrate your coming. Don't worry, no squirrels were harmed in the making of piney's cookies, I promise.

* Dane Murgen does a pinkie promise and stuff.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1137 on: July 27, 2015, 06:53:17 AM »

Ohh tractors. Like *all* sorts of tractors? The new monster-tractor-trucks and sweet little engines from the early seventies?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Agrasshopper

« Reply #1138 on: July 27, 2015, 01:01:44 PM »
So I've already made a few posts, but never formally introduced myself. My name is Ailis, I'm 15 and from northern Idaho. My uncle got me started on SSSS last November, but I didn't start reading regularly until April, so I'm relatively new I suppose. Fun fact, I've never met another Ailis, and am torn between wanting to because its a rare name and not wanting to so I can continue to say I've never met one. My username on Disqus is different from this one, on there I'm Ailis G.
:usa: Native
:spain: Learning

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1139 on: July 27, 2015, 01:10:12 PM »
Welcome Agrasshopper ! Let me guess : you're a Doctor Who fan ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: