Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581210 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1095 on: July 17, 2015, 03:12:07 PM »
How many toes do you have?

Hav, that's a callback to Chapter 1, if you were wondering.   ;)

Welcome!  Would you like to tell us a bit more about yourself?  -- where you're from, what you're interested in, how you came across SSSS?  Fimby is our most prolific poster, and lead Troll-Puncher.  I'm the Forum-Skald (content moderator).  All of us members are happy to greet a newcomer and show you around.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

hav

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1096 on: July 17, 2015, 03:21:26 PM »
Hav, that's a callback to Chapter 1, if you were wondering.   ;)

Welcome!  Would you like to tell us a bit more about yourself?  -- where you're from, what you're interested in, how you came across SSSS?  Fimby is our most prolific poster, and lead Troll-Puncher.  I'm the Forum-Skald (content moderator).  All of us members are happy to greet a newcomer and show you around.

Heh, I figured. I bring shame to my fellow 4-toed Swedes by having 5 on each foot. I'm only half Swedish, which would be the explanation why.  ;D

I discovered ssss ages ago but didn't start reading it for some reason? I even found the indiegogo campaign while it was active but figured I could just read it online instead? And now I'm all nooooooooo~ about that, hehe. Re-discovered ssss a few days ago now I've read everything in a really short time and now there's a chapter break and my brain can't function properly because there won't be 100 new pages per day any longer? The tragedy.

Anyways. I live in Sweden, I'm Swedish/"Norwegian" (Saami/Kven), and I used to say I'm old enough to be your mother but you guys seem a bit older so maybe I'm not the oldest here for once!

Err, anyways. Hi!  ;D

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1097 on: July 17, 2015, 03:29:43 PM »
Heh, I figured. I bring shame to my fellow 4-toed Swedes by having 5 on each foot. I'm only half Swedish, which would be the explanation why.  ;D

I discovered ssss ages ago but didn't start reading it for some reason? I even found the indiegogo campaign while it was active but figured I could just read it online instead? And now I'm all nooooooooo~ about that, hehe. Re-discovered ssss a few days ago now I've read everything in a really short time and now there's a chapter break and my brain can't function properly because there won't be 100 new pages per day any longer? The tragedy.

Anyways. I live in Sweden, I'm Swedish/"Norwegian" (Saami/Kven), and I used to say I'm old enough to be your mother but you guys seem a bit older so maybe I'm not the oldest here for once!

Err, anyways. Hi!  ;D

Well in that case! Being "old enough to be someone's mother" potentially means very old here, there are people in their 60s. Anyways, welcome to the forum!

hav

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1098 on: July 17, 2015, 03:37:26 PM »
Well in that case! Being "old enough to be someone's mother" potentially means very old here, there are people in their 60s. Anyways, welcome to the forum!

Awesome, I'm young again! Thank you~  ;D

(I'm 42.)

(Hey my flags work!)

(Would be neat with a Saami flag. *hint* *nudge*)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1099 on: July 17, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
Hi! I'm new! Just in time for chapter break? Okay! Just a few weeks, could've been worse. :3
So you have these "just a few weeks" to explore the forum ! ^^ Welcome :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

StarN1ght

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #1100 on: July 18, 2015, 10:43:14 PM »
Hi, I'm StarN1ght, from America. I like to draw, vector, and I've painted before. I'd really like to get into writing, but I can't transfer the images in my mind into words, and then get those words onto the page the way I'd like. I tried doing a couple of fan-webcomics but I either never got past the planning stage, or didn't plan enough and failed to complete even one page.

I have quite a few, maybe too many, things that I want to learn and get into, such as airplane flying, scuba diving, and falconry. My native language is English, and I want to learn Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and German. I remember a few words from the one class of Spanish I took during fourth grade.

I've read aRTD, although I don't remember how I found it. I think someone may have linked me to it. I found SSSS through an ad on a website I used to frequent. I'm a fan of Doctor Who, I've watched three seasons of Supernatural, and I watched a few episodes of the Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch. I've watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Hobbit trilogy, and quite a few Marvel films. I especially liked Guardians of the Galaxy. I watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, although I haven't watched Korra. I also watch MLP:FiM, although I've missed most of the last two seasons.

Edit: Something I forgot to mention, I'm also a fan of the currently-ongoing webcomic http://www.straysonline.com, if anyone's interested. :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:53:18 PM by StarN1ght »
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book3: :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #1101 on: July 19, 2015, 12:01:21 AM »
Hi, I'm StarN1ght, from America. I like to draw, vector, and I've painted before. I'd really like to get into writing, but I can't transfer the images in my mind into words, and then get those words onto the page the way I'd like. I tried doing a couple of fan-webcomics but I either never got past the planning stage, or didn't plan enough and failed to complete even one page.

I have quite a few, maybe too many, things that I want to learn and get into, such as airplane flying, scuba diving, and falconry. My native language is English, and I want to learn Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and German. I remember a few words from the one class of Spanish I took during fourth grade.

I've read aRTD, although I don't remember how I found it. I think someone may have linked me to it. I found SSSS through an ad on a website I used to frequent. I'm a fan of Doctor Who, I've watched three seasons of Supernatural, and I watched a few episodes of the Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch. I've watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Hobbit trilogy, and quite a few Marvel films. I especially liked Guardians of the Galaxy. I watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, although I haven't watched Korra. I also watch MLP:FiM, although I've missed most of the last two seasons.

Edit: Something I forgot to mention, I'm also a fan of the currently-ongoing webcomic http://www.straysonline.com, if anyone's interested. :)

Welcome, welcome! *spreads arms wide* I'm sure you'll like it here, we're not prone to biting. ;P Someone should be along soon with the cookies, would you like a slice of Black Forest pie in the meantime? :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1102 on: July 19, 2015, 12:13:32 AM »

Hi and welcome! Have some cookies, I made some yesterday - they're not squirrel-shaped, but they're what I can offer right now :D you understand the sentiment
Enjoy your stay!

(Oh yeah, and have you checked out the fanart thread? We can never have too many fanartists!)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

MikaNyx

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1103 on: July 19, 2015, 09:21:27 PM »
Hello everyone, pleased to meet y'all! Name's Mika, your common Swede. Currently studying bartending, and will soon move on to baking and cooking. My interests include staring at the computer screen all day long, games, Homestuck, SSSS, Prague Race, Gunnerkrigg Court, Steven Universe, animus with strange plots and makeup. I'm a cosplayer who mainly aims to excel in makeup, and when I'm not cosplaying at conventions, I lecture about Racism and Fatfobia within the cosplay community.

Yours truly is a genderfluid autistic/adhd greyaro ace polyamorous nerd, which puts me straight in the 'special snowflake' category some people tend to dislike. I do love talking, because living alone with two cats doesn't give me much opportunity to discuss with people. Cats may be lovely, but not the best people to discuss things with.

Future plans include world domination, a steady job, a goat as a pet and to cosplay as Lalli this winter.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:33:01 PM by MikaNyx »
Native: :sweden:
Mostly fluent: :uk:
Decent: :thailand:
Garbled mess but can still read it: :germany:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1104 on: July 19, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »
Hello everyone, pleased to meet y'all! Name's Mika, your common Swede. Currently studying bartending, and will soon move on to baking and cooking. My interests include staring at the computer screen all day long, games, Homestuck, SSSS, Prague Race, Gunnerkrigg Court, Steven Universe, animus with strange plots and makeup. I'm a cosplayer who mainly aims to excel in makeup, and when I'm not cosplaying at conventions, I lecture about Racism and Fatfobia within the cosplay community.

Yours truly is a genderfluid autistic/adhd greyaro ace polyamorous nerd, which puts me straight in the 'special snowflake' category some people tend to dislike. I do love talking, because living alone with two cats doesn't give me much opportunity to discuss with people. Cats may be lovely, but not the best people to discuss things with.

Future plans include world domination, a steady job, a goat as a pet and to cosplay as Lalli this winter.
Welcome! :D There are a few snowflakes like yourself here, so I think you'll fit right in.

Are you going to Närcon? I think at least one of our forum members are planning to attend that!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

MikaNyx

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1105 on: July 19, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »
Welcome! :D There are a few snowflakes like yourself here, so I think you'll fit right in.

Are you going to Närcon? I think at least one of our forum members are planning to attend that!

Thank you very kindly <3!

I will indeed go to NärCon! Incidentally, that's where I'll also hold my lecture. Which is in four day. Which I may or may not be completely prepared for. I'm slightly terrified and kinda screaming.
Native: :sweden:
Mostly fluent: :uk:
Decent: :thailand:
Garbled mess but can still read it: :germany:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1106 on: July 19, 2015, 09:59:42 PM »
Thank you very kindly <3!

I will indeed go to NärCon! Incidentally, that's where I'll also hold my lecture. Which is in four day. Which I may or may not be completely prepared for. I'm slightly terrified and kinda screaming.
I'm sure you'll do great! :D It sounds like a super interesting topic <33
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

MrHouse

« Reply #1107 on: July 19, 2015, 11:23:09 PM »
Hi  ;D.

My name is Arturo, I'm an architect from Mexico. I learned of this comic by a friend that shares my love of the post-apocalypse genre in books/movies/games; although I think that the 'zombies' thing is getting clubbed to death, this is a refreshing take on the trope :D.

There's not much to say about me. I'm a but of a shut-in, but I try to go out every once in a while as to not go crazy, I have a 13 year-old beagle that no one has told him he's old :p, and I enjoy RPGs such as D&D, Deadlands (classic), World of Darkness (both old and new :) ), and Iron Kingdoms.
"It may look as though mankind is making a comeback. In the NCR, you have something that resembles a nation state. Savage as it is, in Caesar's Legion, you have an organized society. But neither of these offer a future. They're regurgitations of the past."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1108 on: July 19, 2015, 11:52:22 PM »

Helloooo and welcome to this fandom! :)) Also, high-five to a fellow Roxy cosplayer! (although I did just decide that I was retiring that one due to not really being in the homestuck fandom any more...) ((ALSO YES HUGE COSPLAY NERD RIGHT HERE. I ALSO COSPLAY LALLI AND 5/6 OF THE CAST))

Hi  ;D.

My name is Arturo, I'm an architect from Mexico. I learned of this comic by a friend that shares my love of the post-apocalypse genre in books/movies/games; although I think that the 'zombies' thing is getting clubbed to death, this is a refreshing take on the trope :D.

There's not much to say about me. I'm a but of a shut-in, but I try to go out every once in a while as to not go crazy, I have a 13 year-old beagle that no one has told him he's old :p, and I enjoy RPGs such as D&D, Deadlands (classic), World of Darkness (both old and new :) ), and Iron Kingdoms.
Welcome! I agree, this is a nice take on the whole 'undead' thing! :D I hope the both of you have a great time in this fandom! • w •
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1109 on: July 20, 2015, 02:47:39 AM »
eeee hello fellow Scandinavian Special Snowflake! i don't even like the term special snowflake but i keep using it ironically
I see you have excellent taste in webcomics, and oh wow I wish I could go to Närcon, I know Laufey is going too... but I'm situated a little too far away for the present. I hope you enjoy the forum ^___________^

hellooo!!! architect, wow! That sounds really cool. I'm an art history student and I've hd to write my share of achitecture analyses for the past year... Welcome to the forum!

also welcome to everyone else I haven't personally welcomed O: O: O:
you'll know where to find me.