Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580961 times)

Fenris

Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #975 on: June 26, 2015, 06:12:09 PM »
Hi!
How is everybody?

I'm 22 and Danish. It seems there's a serious lack of Danish people here...

Alright, so I found aRTD via dA, back when it was only about halfway done, and I've been reading ever since. I never bothered with the comments section, or the forum though.

But! Recently I was persuaded into joining. I felt the need to wait till my exams were done first, and now that they are (as of yesterday), here I am!

A bit about me:
I'm a native Dane, I speak English (obviously), and I'm decent in French(one can always improve!).
I study Engineering in Biotechnology.
I love reading, drawing, painting, and writing, whenever I have the time, and conscience to procrastinate my homework (I'm very good at this).

I hope to get to know all of you soon!
Danish, eh? Kamelåså rødgrød med fløde [potato noises]!

Seriously though, welcome. Yes, for some strange reason there aren't many Danes on here.

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #976 on: June 26, 2015, 06:49:44 PM »
Hi!
How is everybody?

I'm 22 and Danish. It seems there's a serious lack of Danish people here...

Alright, so I found aRTD via dA, back when it was only about halfway done, and I've been reading ever since. I never bothered with the comments section, or the forum though.

But! Recently I was persuaded into joining. I felt the need to wait till my exams were done first, and now that they are (as of yesterday), here I am!

A bit about me:
I'm a native Dane, I speak English (obviously), and I'm decent in French(one can always improve!).
I study Engineering in Biotechnology.
I love reading, drawing, painting, and writing, whenever I have the time, and conscience to procrastinate my homework (I'm very good at this).

I hope to get to know all of you soon!

Hello! Welcome! Like Feartheviolas, I also blame you for my obsession (indirectly, of course. Not that I'm complaining  ;)) We have threads for drawing and threads for writing, as well as threads for just about everything else. I'm sure you'll have fun here!!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
« Reply #977 on: June 26, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »
She's a very good drawer and she's been helping me try to pronounce danish (which I am very bad at).
How good a drawer is she? Does she have compartments in which to keep things?  ;)
Also, welcome to the forum, Lainer! I'm new too, I joined the forum yesterday.
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

indui

• most best
« Reply #978 on: June 26, 2015, 11:56:15 PM »
AH ... hello ;u; I'm mostly new
I posted this in a separate topic but realized this is here so I'm putting it here!

*gathers self in rehab circle* I started reading SSSS 2 months ago, the entire thing in one sitting up til 2am even though I had 8am class the next morning (that's real dedication because I love my sleep) and ever since then it's been spiraling down to the point I check the site at least once an hour even if the last update was a few minutes before....

And.................... I LOVE SIGRUN!
I'm really excited to get more active here to get my double daily dose of ssss yes.

someday I'll make fanart because I love this story too much.
Someday I'll be able to make fanart worthy of how much I love these characters C:[deviantart] [tumblr]

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #979 on: June 27, 2015, 12:04:51 AM »
AH ... hello ;u; I'm mostly new
I posted this in a separate topic but realized this is here so I'm putting it here!

*gathers self in rehab circle* I started reading SSSS 2 months ago, the entire thing in one sitting up til 2am even though I had 8am class the next morning (that's real dedication because I love my sleep) and ever since then it's been spiraling down to the point I check the site at least once an hour even if the last update was a few minutes before....

And.................... I LOVE SIGRUN!
I'm really excited to get more active here to get my double daily dose of ssss yes.

someday I'll make fanart because I love this story too much.

Hello hello! I've already said welcome to you, but since I'm an Official Cookie Giver™ on the forum, I humbly offer you some cookies...

...and I hope you enjoy your stay :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

indui

• most best
« Reply #980 on: June 27, 2015, 12:06:13 AM »
Hello hello! I've already said welcome to you, but since I'm an Official Cookie Giver™ on the forum, I humbly offer you some cookies...

...and I hope you enjoy your stay :D

oh my gosh it's even trademarked
THANK YOU for the double welcome and all those cookies! gotta make sure to keep them out of lalli's sight ouo
Someday I'll be able to make fanart worthy of how much I love these characters C:[deviantart] [tumblr]

Soikia

• You never know when you'll need swing music
« Reply #981 on: June 27, 2015, 01:15:49 AM »
Hello there everyone!

I'm Soikia - though I'm completely fine with being called Soi  :)
I found SSSS two days ago because of me clicking random comics and I ended up on SSSS. I....I already caught up with it. The joy's of being on summer vacation am I right?

Some fun facts about me are that I was born and raised in Germany with my mom and grandma for about four years, until my dad came back from the Netherlands because of work and then we moved to the US ovo;;
I also own a few reptiles and help my aunt at her vet clinic to gather community service hours so I can graduate in a few years.

Nice to meet everyone!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #982 on: June 27, 2015, 01:26:30 AM »
Hello there everyone!

I found SSSS two days ago because of me clicking random comics and I ended up on SSSS. I....I already caught up with it. The joy's of being on summer vacation am I right?

Some fun facts about me are that I was born and raised in Germany with my mom and grandma for about four years, until my dad came back from the Netherlands because of work and then we moved to the US ovo;;
I also own a few reptiles and help my aunt at her vet clinic to gather community service hours so I can graduate in a few years.

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome, Soikia!  Piney shows up periodically to shower newcomers with squirrel cookies (why squirrels?  Long story).  If you're a friend of reptiles, you might be quite popular in the Silent World; for all we know, lizards and other Immune-by-nature reptiles may be chic pets by Y90, now that most mammal populations have been decimated by the Rash.

(Also, are you familiar with "friend to every reptile" cartoonist Der-Shing Helmer?  She authors two comics that are the only rivals to SSSS for my heart:  Mare Internum and The Meek.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:07:53 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #983 on: June 27, 2015, 01:32:39 AM »
Hello there everyone!

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi Soi! Nice to meet you too! Have some squirrel cookies - *points above*
(...And you say you own reptiles? That's super cool; do you have any snakes? Snakes are some of my favorite animals :) )

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Soikia

« Reply #984 on: June 27, 2015, 01:42:22 AM »

Welcome, Soikia!  Piney shows up periodically to shower newcomers with squirrel cookies (why squirrels?  Long story).  If you're a friend of reptiles, you might be quite popular in the Silent World; for all we know, lizards and other Immune-by-nature reptiles may be chic pets by Y90, now that most mammal populations have been decimated by the Rash.

(Also, are you familiar with "friend to every reptile" cartoonist Der-Shing Helmer?  She authors two comics that are the only rivals to SSSS for my heart:  Mare Internum and The Meek.)

If reptiles are chic pets by Y90, I can only imagine some elderly person walking around their house with the lizard trailing right behind. They may not be as warm as a fluffy cat, but they certainly are a great conversation starter!
& No I haven't heard of those comics! I'll have to look into them!

Hi Soi! Nice to meet you too! Have some squirrel cookies - *points above*
(...And you say you own reptiles? That's super cool; do you have any snakes? Snakes are some of my favorite animals :) )

I sadly don't own any snakes :( Mom forbids it since she's convinced it'll escape and attack our dog or something - but I have a bearded dragon named Laurel and am currently waiting for a Northern Blue Tongue Skink named Blep to make the two hour journey to my house! Hopefully when I move out I'll be able to get a snake though  ;D

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #985 on: June 27, 2015, 01:57:35 AM »
I sadly don't own any snakes :( Mom forbids it since she's convinced it'll escape and attack our dog or something - but I have a bearded dragon named Laurel and am currently waiting for a Northern Blue Tongue Skink named Blep to make the two hour journey to my house! Hopefully when I move out I'll be able to get a snake though  ;D

It's named Blep??  *casually mentions Fimbulvarg's blep-troll*
(the blep-troll is kind of a thing here, particularly in the self-insert thread)

Soikia

« Reply #986 on: June 27, 2015, 02:14:32 AM »
It's named Blep??  *casually mentions Fimbulvarg's blep-troll*
(the blep-troll is kind of a thing here, particularly in the self-insert thread)

....The blep-troll is absolutely amazing and I'm in love with it. I'm even happier that I've decided on that name

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #987 on: June 27, 2015, 02:28:41 AM »
Welcome Lainer, drawing, painting and writing are always appreciated here ^^ And welcome Indui and Soikia too :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #988 on: June 27, 2015, 07:03:10 AM »
indui Heyy, welcome! :D Good to see more Sigrun fans, even if I'm currently struggling because... I can't decide who my favourite is. Hngafh.
(I also checked out your dA and Tumblr and??? oh my god?? your art is so great. DRAGONS. MONSTERS. YES)

Soikia I LOVE YOUR AVATAR :0 I'm so pumped about The Last Guardian, except I don't have a PS4 and it's going to be PS4 exclusive which makes me sad.
Oh, reptiles! I've wanted a gecko for a while but reptiles are illegal in Norway /wipes tear
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:05:51 AM by North »
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Soikia

« Reply #989 on: June 27, 2015, 10:54:23 AM »
Mélusine thank you!

North Same! I've been really hyped about it and I'm so thankful that I made the right choice when deciding between the xboxone and the PS4 haha
Geckos are cute little buggers, I fostered a few of them when my friend was moving - I'm pretty sure geckos just have permanent smiles on their lil faces