Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580914 times)

KElder

• Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #945 on: June 17, 2015, 10:19:19 PM »
Hello,

I’m K. I live in the U.S. Midwest. I recently found ‘A Redtail's Dream’ while roaming aimlessly online, which of course then led me to SSSS and so here I am.

Since I like to read each day’s comments section (and my cats enjoy periodically inserting themselves between my face and the screen) it took me a while to get caught up through the archive.

I've very much enjoyed Minna's artwork and storyline so far and am happy to join the group in anticipating the next page.
:usa: - Fluent
:france: - Somewhat competent depending on the day

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #946 on: June 17, 2015, 11:10:19 PM »
Hello,

I’m K. I live in the U.S. Midwest. I recently found ‘A Redtail's Dream’ while roaming aimlessly online, which of course then led me to SSSS and so here I am.

Since I like to read each day’s comments section (and my cats enjoy periodically inserting themselves between my face and the screen) it took me a while to get caught up through the archive.

I've very much enjoyed Minna's artwork and storyline so far and am happy to join the group in anticipating the next page.

Hi K! Welcome! I'm not an official squirrel cookie-giver, but I'm sure that will come along soon enough (If you need some cookies to tide you over, then here: *slides cookies under the table*). I completely agree with you about Minna's artwork: so beautiful! If you're interested, we've got quite a few talented artists in the art threads as well :). I encourage you to look around: everyone is really nice and there's a thread for just about everything!

(Also, it's good you have kitties to protect you from troll attacks ;) )
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #947 on: June 17, 2015, 11:18:34 PM »
Hello,

Welcome, join the club! Take a look around and munch on these - *throws cookies in your direction* Enjoy your stay :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

1010nightflyer

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #948 on: June 19, 2015, 01:25:00 AM »
Hi, I'm [ahemreadthetag] 1010nightflyer. It's too late to do an intro... argh, argh, why do I always reply late at night... Anyway, I love anything with cute fur and stuff, plus horses 'cause they're like, sooooo gorgeous. So like, I like, love SSSS, and ARtD, but like I don't usually fangirl over stuff, but like (any idea where I'm from yet? [besides my phone{but not actually, because I don't text a lot}]) SSSS is soooo awsome! (Ahem...read:California Girl!) In terms of Tuomi units, I'm "it's summer, I don't have to think." I very much enjoy Terry Pratchett, punning, and sarcasm ("It's a fine art."). As a budding English major, I cringe as I reread the "like"s and "so"s of my previous sentences. But hey: it was for sarcasm. In case you couldn't tell, parentheses are underused! Use more parentheses to sarcasify your work!
Swift, Swallow, Dawn, and Dusk
All shalt bow to the power of the night!
Especially after 10:10

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #949 on: June 19, 2015, 01:36:57 AM »
Hi, I'm [ahemreadthetag] 1010nightflyer. It's too late to do an intro... argh, argh, why do I always reply late at night... Anyway, I love anything with cute fur and stuff, plus horses 'cause they're like, sooooo gorgeous. So like, I like, love SSSS, and ARtD, but like I don't usually fangirl over stuff, but like (any idea where I'm from yet? [besides my phone{but not actually, because I don't text a lot}]) SSSS is soooo awsome! (Ahem...read:California Girl!) In terms of Tuomi units, I'm "it's summer, I don't have to think." I very much enjoy Terry Pratchett, punning, and sarcasm ("It's a fine art."). As a budding English major, I cringe as I reread the "like"s and "so"s of my previous sentences. But hey: it was for sarcasm. In case you couldn't tell, parentheses are underused! Use more parentheses to sarcasify your work!

"Sarcasify"... I like that word :D
It's much too late here *cough*1:30*cough* to give a proper welcome, but have one anyway! Welcome to the forum, have some squirrel cookies! *points to further up the page* Take a look around if you haven't; the exit is nowhere

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Isabelle

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #950 on: June 20, 2015, 10:34:35 AM »
Hello everybody !
I'm Isabelle (no imagination for names, sorry); I'm French and... a bit older than the main cast. I love fiction in all its forms, but mostly written. Reading and writing occupy most of my time (thought I also enjoy cooking and dancing and generally creating things).
Less than a week ago one of my Facebook friends linked SSSS as "favourite webcomic ever" (or something like that), so I clicked, saw the first page, admired the art, bookmarked it and went to bed (it was late). Two evenings after that, I began reading and stopped half-way through the prologue, because I can be reasonable when it's time to sleep (was very proud of that). The next evening, I binge-read up to the (then) last page. Obviously, I stop being reasonable when put in front of really good fiction. I spent the following evening reading everything again while refreshing the last page. Nearly had nightmares with the dog-thing chasing Emil. Yesterday I (re-read everything up to page 200 or so) found the forum and bookmarked ARTD, but managed to regain some will and go to sleep at a reasonable time. So I enjoyed the fresh SSSS page this morning... and now I'm wondering how I will survive the week-end without updates (let's not speak about chapter breaks yet. Newbie here. ;))

I don't usually join fan communities, but the comments struck me as interesting and the kind of discussions I could enjoy reading and perhaps participating in, so... here I am. Nice to meet you. :)
Native :france: Fluent :uk: Rusty :spain:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #951 on: June 20, 2015, 10:47:28 AM »
Hello everybody !
Hello Isabelle!! Welcome to the forum! You're not the only one who "doesn't usually join fan communities", but this community is really friendly and small enough that everyone gets to know eachother, so I hope you'll like it here! I'm not sure what kind of discussions you're into, but you'll probably find some threads you like ^_______^

and ha, surviving weekends and chapter breaks... we usually cope with cookies. lots and lots of cookies. we have cookies for everything
you'll know where to find me.

CWater

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #952 on: June 20, 2015, 12:26:05 PM »
Um, hello? I'm CWater, a shy Finnish person. Stumbled on the comic some months ago, and lately found myself lurking on the forum, especially in the Art threads. Now I finally got around to make an account for myself. :)

Nice to meet you!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:29:17 PM by CWater »
Native: :finland:                 Fluent: :uk: :sweden:
Uh, sort of?: :japan:        Can understand: :norway:
Used to speak: :italy:    Tried to learn (but failed): :france: :spain:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #953 on: June 20, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »
Hello and welcome, Isabelle and CWater! :D

Here are some welcome cookies for the both of you-

Myferi

« Reply #954 on: June 21, 2015, 03:08:21 AM »
G'day all. I'm creating an account mostly to participate in the Art Gallery thread, but I'll probably end up discovering other fascinating parts of the forums. I'm an SSSSite, I haven't read aRTD yet, though I probably should.
As for myself, originally Australian but currently in Canada. I'm trilingual, so I've gotta figure out how to get those little flags in my signature. Also looking forward to the moment when Reynir finally realises he's a mage, frankly.

edit: figured the flags out, but seems one I need is missing...I found the flag thread and put in a request.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:29:12 AM by Myferi »
Fluent: :latvia: :australia: :italy:
Forgotten most of: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #955 on: June 21, 2015, 04:03:03 AM »
G'day all. I'm creating an account mostly to participate in the Art Gallery thread, but I'll probably end up discovering other fascinating parts of the forums. I'm an SSSSite, I haven't read aRTD yet, though I probably should.
As for myself, originally Australian but currently in Canada. I'm trilingual, so I've gotta figure out how to get those little flags in my signature. Also looking forward to the moment when Reynir finally realises he's a mage, frankly.

edit: figured the flags out, but seems one I need is missing...I found the flag thread and put in a request.

trilingual artists, UNITE! I mean... Welcome to the forum! I was the first czech person here and went without a flag for a while, too, so don't worry. it will come around. As for your art, if I read correctly you've only been drawing for a month?? Well, your art looks really cool so I'm thoroughly impressed. I have to warn you, contributing to the art thread is hella addictive...

and the moment Reynir realizes his mageness is bound to be glorious... Or hilarious. Maybe both. I mean, Onni already told him, but he was more focused on the fact that he finally helped....
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #956 on: June 21, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »

Welcome to the community, fellow art maker! We have cookies! Enjoy your stay! :)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #957 on: June 21, 2015, 01:49:46 PM »
and the moment Reynir realizes his mageness is bound to be glorious... Or hilarious. Maybe both. I mean, Onni already told him, but he was more focused on the fact that he finally helped....
Knowing that it's Reynir, I'm betting on "hilarious".

Welcome to the forum Myferi, Cwater, 1010nightflyer, and Isabelle!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Myferi

« Reply #958 on: June 21, 2015, 09:13:19 PM »

trilingual artists, UNITE! I mean... Welcome to the forum! I was the first czech person here and went without a flag for a while, too, so don't worry. it will come around. As for your art, if I read correctly you've only been drawing for a month?? Well, your art looks really cool so I'm thoroughly impressed. I have to warn you, contributing to the art thread is hella addictive...

I've doodled in the past, but I only started properly learning how to draw a month or so ago, yeah. It's pretty addictive.

Yeah, I'm waiting for when Reynir finds out exactly what he can do with his powers and uses them for the good of the party. I feel like I'll be waiting a while.
Fluent: :latvia: :australia: :italy:
Forgotten most of: :germany:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
« Reply #959 on: June 26, 2015, 12:57:14 AM »
Hey there. I'm Russet, and I'm new to the forum. I'm from Malaysia, and I speak English, Chinese and Malay (which sadly doesn't have a flag, apparently). I've been reading Minna's comics for several years, but have been avoiding the forum site up until now because registering to new sites is a bother sometimes, haha. But I stopped reading SSSS for a while last year, and recently I came back and caught up on all the new pages, and now I'm really into it and checking for new pages every day.  :)
I'd like to draw some fanart, but I'm terrible at digital art and my scanner is the devil himself, so. currently, can't contribute any art, sadly.
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france: