Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581071 times)

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #900 on: June 04, 2015, 02:30:46 PM »
Aha! A fellow Northern Norwegian! About time we got another one of those, all the Norwegian forumites so far have been various blends of Southerner. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you! Also hello to you, as well :D I'm really proud of being from Northern Norway (for some odd reason?), and I like to joke about that I'm a blend from Senja and Finnmark (Honningsvåg), which are like... two of the most "northerner" places I know of. Too many southerners wherever I go :v (just kidding, i love those guys, too)

HELLO MAW
and don't forget who made your boyfriend read SSSS in the first place.............. the original webcomic trash
HELLO HAIZ good to see you!!
not that he's too hard to influence when it comes to webcomics (although homestuck took a little effort but now he's more trash than i am)

Ahhh congratulations on finishing the IB! :D I'm just finishing up the last year of pre-IB myself, yayyyyy

Welcome to the forum, and I hope to see your self-insert soon! ;) If it's posted by the weekend I'll probably end up drawing her in the very near future!
Thank you so much, and good luck to you!! I'm really nervous about the results, if I don't get in I'm probably going to take another year to kick russian, maths and chem in the BUTT.

Thanks again! Working on it right now, and after I figure out the uniforms I don't think it will take too long, so maybe B^)
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #901 on: June 04, 2015, 03:11:08 PM »
Welcome, welcome North!
Since no one's yet offered, help yourself to these complimentary squirrel cookies!

(Also high five for also being 158 cm and left-handed :D )

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #902 on: June 04, 2015, 03:23:00 PM »
Welcome here, North :)

Good new : you can learn calligraphy even if you're left-handed. I've done that. Ok, it means learn to write with you other hand BUT it's possible. You'll just be slow.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #903 on: June 04, 2015, 04:50:42 PM »
I have NO idea about how to reply to people without quoting what they've sad. I've never been much of a forum user. Any tips? .c.

Welcome, welcome North!
Since no one's yet offered, help yourself to these complimentary squirrel cookies!

(Also high five for also being 158 cm and left-handed :D )
I have heard about the magical cookies all the newbies get. A nice tradition, imo!

(tiny lefties unite)

Welcome here, North :)

Good new : you can learn calligraphy even if you're left-handed. I've done that. Ok, it means learn to write with you other hand BUT it's possible. You'll just be slow.
Thank you!  :D
When doing calligraphy you're supposed to write letters from left to right, but I can't hold the pen in a way that allows me to do that, so I write the letters right to left... but the sentences are written left to right. It takes. So. Much. Time x__x
On the package it said "Nib exchange for left handers", but apparently I need to send them my nib and they can send me another one for left-handers and I need to pay for the shipping :c I think I'll just stick to doing letters right to left, though! My right hand refuses to even hold a pen properly...

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #904 on: June 04, 2015, 04:54:03 PM »
North: nah we just quote eachother here, or sometimes we just write people's names in bold LIKE SO

or if you wanna talk to someone in private there's PM'ing. but yeah no direct replies to posts except quoting
you'll know where to find me.

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #905 on: June 04, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »
Haiz thank you dear SSSS fandom guide /bows

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #906 on: June 04, 2015, 06:08:27 PM »
I have NO idea about how to reply to people without quoting what they've sad. I've never been much of a forum user. Any tips? .c.
Just go ahead and quote, even if it's an empty quote, I'ld say. It gives people a handy link to skip back to not just the poster but the exact post you're replying to - which is sometimes difficult to find out just from the reply text.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #907 on: June 05, 2015, 03:32:09 PM »
Welcome North! Have you considered writing calligraphy as mirror text like Leonardo da Vinci did?
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Grotox

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #908 on: June 05, 2015, 05:05:11 PM »
Hello, I am Grotox. I would be Grootox but root is a keyword so it is banned from use in someone's username. If root was used in a username the account database would break, which I find amusing but I doubt anyone else does. Anyways, I'm one of those guys in their mid-20s who's just trying to figure things out.

I mostly plan on lurking, but in case I post more here is some aditional information (or as I call them sweet extra bonus facts):
Spoiler: show
-I work an office job I swear is slowly consuming my soulstuff but at least relates to my Computer Science degree.
-I am mostly here while I am at work.
-I'm from the USA (West Coast > East Coast ; Norcal > Solcal) and I only speak English (I might know a word or two of Spanish as well).
-I have an interest in maps and charts, which feature prominently in my room.
-I love playing dissecting and creating games.
-I like messing around with post settings and using the format to its fullest potential
-That potential is terrible jokes

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #909 on: June 05, 2015, 07:53:42 PM »
...I have been on an online hiatus for 6 months while finishing the IB Diploma Programme, ...
Ahhh congratulations on finishing the IB! :D I'm just finishing up the last year of pre-IB myself, yayyyyy...
whaaaat other ib peeps
Just finished up the Diploma stuff like two weeks ago; as you can see, I don't have the self-control for an Internet hiatus. :P
And, Curry, don't worry -- it's hard and will occasionally make you want to stab things, but I came out all right.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #910 on: June 06, 2015, 03:05:29 AM »
Welcome to lurk, Grotox =)
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #911 on: June 06, 2015, 06:37:24 AM »
Hello everyone~ Normally when introducing I'd state my name but I don't quite like my real name, so we'll stick with nicknames instead! ;) My friends call me either Kizzy or Kitty. I'm 23 years old and a graduate of Translation and Linguistics (well, mainly the former), so if you ever feel like discussing the scientific aspect of language with me then do so! I love learning grammar of other languages <3 I also love to worldbuild, conlang (aka make my own language), and draw.

I've found SSSS comic via Minna's DA. I think I saw one of her Red Tail or SSSS art in someone's favorites; that's how I've found the comic. I love everything about it so far and I've managed to rope a friend into reading it. Now she's in love!  :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:15:06 AM by Kizzy »
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #912 on: June 06, 2015, 07:06:00 AM »
Hello everyone~ Normally when introducing I'd state my name but I don't quite like my real name, so we'll stick with nicknames instead! ;) My friends call me either Kizzy or Kitty. I'm 23 years old and a graduate of Translation and Linguistics (well, mainly the former), so if you ever feel like discussing the scientific aspect of language with me then do so! I love learning grammar of other languages <3 I also love to worldbuild, conlang, and draw.

I've found SSSS comic via Minna's DA. I think I saw one of her Red Tail or SSSS art in someone's favorites; that's how I've found the comic. I love everything about it so far and I've managed to rope a friend into reading it. Now she's in love!  :D
Welcome! And it's okay; not many people use their real names here anyway.
Seeing as you're a linguistics student, here's our languages board (big part of the forums, languages): https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=5.0
Here's the self-inserts thread for art: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.0
And here's our IRC channel: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#ssss
See you around!

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #913 on: June 06, 2015, 07:27:43 AM »
Welcome North! Have you considered writing calligraphy as mirror text like Leonardo da Vinci did?
Thank you! I haven't really considered it, mostly because it would be a bit tricky to read what I've written. Probably even more impractical than writing with my left hand  ;)

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #914 on: June 06, 2015, 07:47:26 AM »
Hello everyone~ Normally when introducing I'd state my name but I don't quite like my real name, so we'll stick with nicknames instead! ;) My friends call me either Kizzy or Kitty. I'm 23 years old and a graduate of Translation and Linguistics (well, mainly the former), so if you ever feel like discussing the scientific aspect of language with me then do so! I love learning grammar of other languages <3 I also love to worldbuild, conlang (aka make my own language), and draw.

Welcome, you person most likely with family from the Philippines (Cebu, maybe?). If you need any help with Tagalog, as I see in your signature, I can try and help somehow! I'm not a native speaker myself, but if I actually bring my confidence up to a certain point, I can speak fairly decent Taglish, if I do say so myself.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*