Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580984 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #885 on: June 01, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »
Cookies! Yes! Right here! Sorry I'm so late!
Did you run all the way here, Piney? :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #886 on: June 01, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »
Did you run all the way here, Piney? :D

[in-between breaths] No... what makes you... say that? I just... woke up late...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #887 on: June 01, 2015, 10:00:22 PM »
AH, okay, I was told to write here but not what to, and I was kind of awkward to do introduction, it is not like I don't want to share anything.

well, I living in Hungary (I hate that in signiture I can't write hungarian flag!)
I speak english (most used), hungrian, understands a bit swedish and german (if written, sadly keeps forgetting them since I am not using them.....) also understand less of norwegian or danish due similarities of swedish)
I would like to learn a bit of icelandic too, but probably I won't because it is difficult and probably I could not use unless I move there

my age: too mcuh, but actually my profile says it, so it won't be not bad, like next year it won1t stay the previous age, like it happened to me realizing after 2 years it wasn't changed, this probably will change

interest: I am huge hetalia fan, but most likely nordic fanatics, everything about nordics, so this comic something related to them, so yes.
I met SSSS when my friend told me about it first, but at first I was actually lazy to read (I am a really lazy person) then later I got the link again (from an other person?) and started reading it because I remembered that it was already suggested for me. and bamm, here I am xD
and I suffer from this, becuase waiting every day is killing me AAAAH, but the comic is awesome......

I suck at life, I am good for nothing, I am nobody and I am ugly and that is the most important about me. shortly

I hope it is not bad, if I add his here, so more about me, which I left

Someone even asked what gender I have, my nickname is male, but I own a female body, I like the name, originally if came from the finnish calendar, where I checked my nameday and it said Martti (all of my family members had female version of their name, while mine was completely different) since then I call myself Martti (I ignore the face it is male name)
Also I prefer to be not called as a female, it always disturbed to be called as girl or woman or lady or any similar, not asked to call me guy either,  just a person, also, I hate english has he and she, when I speak I always say it wrong way around, this is one of the reason, why I call myself "he" (it is rare to see me write she and he messed up, but it happens)

Also as a hobby, I do many things, mostly art, but I also do cosplay, write fanfictions, make videos (amv like), almost anything, but mostly the art and cosplay that I do most of the time. (Especially art, so I hope I will be able to post more arts for the art sections) I am also kind of a photographer,  or at least this is what I learnt in school, but just beginner.....

Sorry for my first comments here, I needed time to get part here a bit, I am actually very shy and closed up person at first, but sometimes, I can easily open if the people are nice around me, if I am open, shoot me off, because I can be a bit talkative and talk shit xD
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #888 on: June 02, 2015, 03:03:45 AM »
Martti: you don't have to open up about your gender/body if you don't want to, but it's a brave thing you did, and I welcome you to the forum's non-binary squad ^______________^
you'll know where to find me.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #889 on: June 02, 2015, 06:33:29 PM »
Martti: you don't have to open up about your gender/body if you don't want to, but it's a brave thing you did, and I welcome you to the forum's non-binary squad ^______________^

aww, thanks,
as if I know what my gender could be called I was always confused about these weird gendernames xD

now I am too open now ;3;
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #890 on: June 02, 2015, 06:46:33 PM »
Hey, I'm VincentTheSheep! I'm from New Zealand and new to this whole forum thing, but I heard there were cookies, so of course I had to join! I'm learning Spanish from school-so i'm OK at it, not great, but hey, that's something!

I also write fanfiction when I have time-so there's that too.

Hopefully I'll get the hang of how forums work, I enjoy learning experiences anyway. See you guys soon!

-V

Hah! More fanfiction! And hello! You'll get around great, I'm sure.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #891 on: June 03, 2015, 01:13:00 AM »
aww, thanks,
as if I know what my gender could be called I was always confused about these weird gendernames xD

now I am too open now ;3;
phf, you don't have to call it anything if you don't feel like it. and don't worry about being too open! I have no business chastising anyone on that, to say the least........

HarrisWilkens

« Reply #892 on: June 04, 2015, 12:42:02 AM »
Ok, I guess it is time to reveal myself. I have been following this comic since last summer. I think it's pretty great, and some day, some hopeful day, I hope to draw, color, panel, and creative as well as Minna.

I mostly lurk here but I have posted a few of my drawings.

I, as a person, am chronically apathetic. So I come across as stern. I usually affect a straight face, but not so much as what your impression of me is right now. I am also a guy. As much as it might sound different, I really enjoy interacting with people. I won't make eye-contact due to a visual disability that has afflicted me since childhood called Ocular Albinism. Ocular Albinism is basically just a deficiency of pigment in my eyes causing light (sunlight, and other bright lights) to be really hard on me visually. I also am affected by Nystagmus, which means that my eyes are perpetually lightly jittering back and forth. Despite all this I have lived a normal life, due to my parents raising me as a normal child and not really accommodating me in any way (of course they would do so with normal things like sunglasses and prescription glasses).

I must also admit that I don't like all the frivolous frolicking that a lot of people do in the comments section of the comic. Some of you might remember me speaking out on this rather foolishly a few months ago. That was a thing. All that being said, I really like the forum community and I will continue to hang around and look at things. Mostly the art threads.

Also, since I am feeling extra sassy today, I will post a fine picture of myself. It depicts my usual facial expression and disposition.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #893 on: June 04, 2015, 12:51:17 AM »
Welcome, HarrisWilkens!
Er... um .... crap I don't know how to be welcoming without frolicking frivolously. :P
(oh NO now it sounds like I'm mocking you)
(dammit)
(I tried)
Welcome! *flings cookies and runs*
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #894 on: June 04, 2015, 12:54:34 AM »
Wellcome HarrisWilkens! It's ok to give a stern impression, that's kind of normal thing from the Finnish point of view. Though judging by your photo you look rather sympathetic.
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

HarrisWilkens

« Reply #895 on: June 04, 2015, 01:01:22 AM »
Welcome, HarrisWilkens!
Er... um .... crap I don't know how to be welcoming without frolicking frivolously. :P
(oh NO now it sounds like I'm mocking you)
(dammit)
(I tried)
Welcome! *flings cookies and runs*

Thank you for the kind welcome. I genuinely feel special that you took my disposition into consideration. You don't need to walk on eggshells in respect to me, the frivolity of the comment section only got to me after a long while of nagging overcheerfulness.

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #896 on: June 04, 2015, 01:57:35 PM »
Hello! I caught up to the comic a couple of weeks ago, but I'm participating in the fandom first now. My boyfriend is webcomic trash and recommended SSSS to me, as well as some other friends who read it. Now I'm also webcomic trash.

My name is Martine, but online I go by North or Mawara/Maw. I'm 18 years old, from northern Norway and prefer she/her pronouns.

I have been on an online hiatus for 6 months while finishing the IB Diploma Programme, and I'm hoping to get into NTNU (a norwegian university) and study there, starting this fall. I play video games, draw, paint, read and study a lot. Mostly I draw dragons, monsters and girls facing left. I've got some sami blood, but sadly I never grew up with the language or culture. I want to work with chemistry/biology in the future.

I would say I'm pretty outgoing and easy to talk to, even if I'm introverted and like some alone-time now and then. Make a lot of expressions when I talk and looking at pictures of me speaking is hilarious. Often mistaken for a boy pre-puberty, which is a running joke among my friends and people who know me. Really proud of being from the north for some reason, often jokes about southerners or people from the city (not in a mean way). Also I'm really tiny. 1.58 metres tiny. And really angry about it. Also angry about being left-handed because everything is accustomed to right-handers. /deep sigh And I really wanted to learn calligraphy, too...

Presenting myself this way is really hard :( Anyways, I think that's about it? Now I'm off to make a self-insert character.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:59:18 PM by North »
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #897 on: June 04, 2015, 02:02:42 PM »
My name is Martine, but online I go by North or Mawara/Maw. I'm 18 years old, from northern Norway and prefer she/her pronouns.

Aha! A fellow Northern Norwegian! About time we got another one of those, all the Norwegian forumites so far have been various blends of Southerner. Welcome to the forum!

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #898 on: June 04, 2015, 02:25:14 PM »
Hello! I caught up to the comic a couple of weeks ago, but I'm participating in the fandom first now. My boyfriend is webcomic trash and recommended SSSS to me, as well as some other friends who read it. Now I'm also webcomic trash.
HELLO MAW
and don't forget who made your boyfriend read SSSS in the first place.............. the original webcomic trash

Aha! A fellow Northern Norwegian! About time we got another one of those, all the Norwegian forumites so far have been various blends of Southerner. Welcome to the forum!
excuse you I'm actually from finnmark

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #899 on: June 04, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »

I have been on an online hiatus for 6 months while finishing the IB Diploma Programme, and I'm hoping to get into NTNU (a norwegian university) and study there, starting this fall. I play video games, draw, paint, read and study a lot. Mostly I draw dragons, monsters and girls facing left. I've got some sami blood, but sadly I never grew up with the language or culture. I want to work with chemistry/biology in the future.

I would say I'm pretty outgoing and easy to talk to, even if I'm introverted and like some alone-time now and then. Make a lot of expressions when I talk and looking at pictures of me speaking is hilarious. Often mistaken for a boy pre-puberty, which is a running joke among my friends and people who know me. Really proud of being from the north for some reason, often jokes about southerners or people from the city (not in a mean way). Also I'm really tiny. 1.58 metres tiny. And really angry about it. Also angry about being left-handed because everything is accustomed to right-handers. /deep sigh And I really wanted to learn calligraphy, too...

Presenting myself this way is really hard :( Anyways, I think that's about it? Now I'm off to make a self-insert character.

Ahhh congratulations on finishing the IB! :D I'm just finishing up the last year of pre-IB myself, yayyyyy

Welcome to the forum, and I hope to see your self-insert soon! ;) If it's posted by the weekend I'll probably end up drawing her in the very near future!
YEET