Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580834 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #870 on: May 30, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »
I speak Chilean (it's a running national joke, come to Chile and you'll find out why we say that haha), English, understand Italian and Portuguese, and would love to learn Icelandic, Japanese and Arab.
What if I never go to Chile? Then I'll go my whole life without knowing the joke! Pleeaaaase tell us :D
My guess is that they speak something that they call Spanish and people from other Spanish-speaking places are all like "what." But IDK if that's actually true or not.

And welcome!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kurozuki

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #871 on: May 30, 2015, 03:28:32 PM »
     Hi! I'm Kurozuki, I'm relatively new to forums, but I promise I'll get the hang of it soon! I'm 20 years old, but soon to be 21. I'm originally from a small town in Kentucky. I have many hobbies that I try to do on my spare time. I paint, draw, I try to do wood burning and sculpting as well. I discovered SSSS through my friend DancingRanger. Sadly, I work full time and have limited time for extra activities that don't involve food, sleep and occasional showering. I hope to become more acquainted and familiar with the SSSS forum, thank you for letting me become a part of it!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #872 on: May 30, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »
     Hi! I'm Kurozuki, I'm relatively new to forums, but I promise I'll get the hang of it soon! I'm 20 years old, but soon to be 21. I'm originally from a small town in Kentucky. I have many hobbies that I try to do on my spare time. I paint, draw, I try to do wood burning and sculpting as well. I discovered SSSS through my friend DancingRanger. Sadly, I work full time and have limited time for extra activities that don't involve food, sleep and occasional showering. I hope to become more acquainted and familiar with the SSSS forum, thank you for letting me become a part of it!
Hello Kurozuki!!!! Don't worry about getting the hang of the forums, it'll come to you, and don't be afraid to ask if you're wondering about something!

All that artistry sounds really great O: I hope you'll find your way to our art threads and show your work sometime! Otherwise, welcome to the forum and the community ^______^ traditional newbie cookies are hopefully on their way~
you'll know where to find me.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #873 on: May 30, 2015, 03:35:58 PM »
Welcome!
To get to know us all better when you have the spare time, our IRC channel is here: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ssss.

Kurozuki

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #874 on: May 30, 2015, 03:49:24 PM »
Hello Kurozuki!!!! Don't worry about getting the hang of the forums, it'll come to you, and don't be afraid to ask if you're wondering about something!

All that artistry sounds really great O: I hope you'll find your way to our art threads and show your work sometime! Otherwise, welcome to the forum and the community ^______^ traditional newbie cookies are hopefully on their way~

Thank you Haiz, hopefully soon I can upload some of my artwork, although it isn't as good as all the art work I've been shown, I will proudly show my art! And newbie cookies?!?! I want a newbie cookie and now I am hungry! But thank you for accepting me!

Kurozuki

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #875 on: May 30, 2015, 03:51:32 PM »
Welcome!
To get to know us all better when you have the spare time, our IRC channel is here: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ssss.
     Thank you ParanormalAndroid!! I will definitely check the chats out!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #876 on: May 30, 2015, 04:00:45 PM »
    Thank you Haiz, hopefully soon I can upload some of my artwork, although it isn't as good as all the art work I've been shown, I will proudly show my art! And newbie cookies?!?! I want a newbie cookie and now I am hungry! But thank you for accepting me!
All art is good art!! Newbie cookies aren't my responsibility, so you're prooobably better of waiting for someone who knows how to make some that are actually edible. And of course we accept you ^________^

first forum pro tip: it's possible to quote more people in the same post actually! When you write a post and scroll down, you'll see the "quote" buttons are still there! That way it's possible to answer lots of people without double- or tripleposting ^^
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #877 on: May 30, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »

Newbie cookies comin' right atcha, courtesy of Chef Piney!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #878 on: May 30, 2015, 05:25:46 PM »
     Hi! I'm Kurozuki, I'm relatively new to forums, but I promise I'll get the hang of it soon! I'm 20 years old, but soon to be 21. I'm originally from a small town in Kentucky.

Yay! More Kentuckians! (Although I have moved out of the state.) Welcome!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #879 on: May 30, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »
What if I never go to Chile? Then I'll go my whole life without knowing the joke! Pleeaaaase tell us :D

Haha, we speak some kind of spanish so full with local idioms, bad pronunciation and whatnot that we actually might call it a different language  ;D

Welcome to the community! :D I suppose I shall arm you with some squirrel cookies and send you on your way!
(Also high five, fellow Sigur Rós fan)

WOHOOOO, SQUIRREL COOKIES!! *high five*
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

VincentTheSheep

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #880 on: June 01, 2015, 06:15:26 AM »
Hey, I'm VincentTheSheep! I'm from New Zealand and new to this whole forum thing, but I heard there were cookies, so of course I had to join! I'm learning Spanish from school-so i'm OK at it, not great, but hey, that's something!

I also write fanfiction when I have time-so there's that too.

Hopefully I'll get the hang of how forums work, I enjoy learning experiences anyway. See you guys soon!

-V
Fluent: :uk:
Ok/Still learning: :spain:
Hardly: :germany:

Survived :chap7:

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #881 on: June 01, 2015, 06:21:30 AM »
Hey, I'm VincentTheSheep! I'm from New Zealand and new to this whole forum thing, but I heard there were cookies, so of course I had to join! I'm learning Spanish from school-so i'm OK at it, not great, but hey, that's something!

Hopefully I'll get the hang of how forums work, I enjoy learning experiences anyway. See you guys soon!

-V

This dude is my friend so make him feel welcome, guys! He also plays the saxophone, drums, sings and studies music at school, so he can probably make fan music as well!

I need to stop the exclamation marks before it's too late, hahaha.

Anyway,

A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #882 on: June 01, 2015, 06:33:03 AM »

-V

Welcome, welcome! I'm sure Piney will be along with the famous squirrel cookies soon (probably faster than should be technically possible).

Fanfiction, you say? Excellent! Can't have enough of that. And don't worry, you'll pick up on how things work around here very quickly. I'm a newcomer to forums myself, but everyone's been very friendly and helpful whenever I've needed help/advice.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #883 on: June 01, 2015, 06:40:16 AM »
You leave three days and there are new persons here ! Welcome ! :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #884 on: June 01, 2015, 04:11:19 PM »

-V

Cookies! Yes! Right here! Sorry I'm so late!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: