Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580929 times)

FumbleBaum

• Super-Newbie
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #810 on: May 18, 2015, 06:57:02 PM »
*showers newbies with cookies*

*Ahem* Sorry. I mean, hi Fumble and Koi! Enjoy your time here!!

thank you for the welcome by squirrel cookies!

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #811 on: May 18, 2015, 09:02:06 PM »

[insert picture of me bowing, with a chef's hat, saying "My pleasure!"]

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #812 on: May 19, 2015, 01:53:22 AM »

You sure know how to make a first impression! :D I like you already.

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #813 on: May 19, 2015, 04:22:46 AM »
*runs into the room* *is a little late*

Hiii thaar, um,  I'm a high schooler from the United States, I only have one more year of school left, and my 18th birthday approaches along with the summer here. I'm a composer/jazz pianist, a singer, dancer, writer of fiction, doodler girl without a cause. I'm a pescetarian by choice, and the one thing I can think of doing which combines everything I naturally do, is theatre. So I guess I hope to get into acting sometime soon?
Anywho, I love this comic, I love this fandom, and think all of you guys are great. <3

Hi Koi! Welcome to the forum. :) Your interests all sound so interesting!  ;) I'd recommend taking your time browsing trough the wonderful labyrinth of threads, the art museum and fanfiction is probably allready pointed out to you but there is a lot of weird/cool stuff going! ;) *throws confetti for welcome*

Hello! I'm Fumble and extremely new to SSSS. I pretty much binge read the comic in one sitting (not that 300+ is really binge readin but that's besides the point) so I could be up to speed for my friend one here (Baku). So far I think this comic is pretty fascinating and I like learning tidbits about foreign lore, not to mention Minna's use of colour is so absolutely gorgeous it just kinda sucks you in. So I'm adding SSSS to my growing list of webcomics and hope to post more in this forum, whether it be for discussion or art purposes, thank you for having me!

Hi welcome. :) I'm not sure if someone allready pointed you towards the webcomics thread? Share and discover even more webcomics to bingeread. ^-^ *throws confetti for you to*

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Tjoll

• genderqueer sugar addict
« Reply #814 on: May 19, 2015, 05:37:07 AM »
Hello!

I'm new here and binge-read the comic in two days and then reread it more slowly because it's just that awesome. The art is so gorgeous and the story intriguing and right now I think there can't possibly exist a better comic than this one. \o/

As for me, I'm a person who draws, tries to develop and write a story, studies psychology and wants to become a therapist, daydreams a lot and is pretty much agender, but you can use male pronouns. English isn't my native tongue, so should you ever wonder why I'm writing gibberish at times... that's the reason.
:germany: :uk:
male pronouns, plz

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #815 on: May 19, 2015, 05:43:16 AM »
Hello!

I'm new here and binge-read the comic in two days and then reread it more slowly because it's just that awesome. The art is so gorgeous and the story intriguing and right now I think there can't possibly exist a better comic than this one. \o/

As for me, I'm a person who draws, tries to develop and write a story, studies psychology and wants to become a therapist, daydreams a lot and is pretty much agender, but you can use male pronouns. English isn't my native tongue, so should you ever wonder why I'm writing gibberish at times... that's the reason.

Hellooooo!
You do the draws and the writes, you say?? I hope we'll see you around in the museum and scriptorium threads, too >:]
And don't worry about not being native or writing gibberish, as you can see from our osession with tiny flags, most of us aren't native, either. and some of us write gibberish on purpose

Welcome to the forum and the non-binary squad ^______________^
you'll know where to find me.

Tjoll

« Reply #816 on: May 19, 2015, 05:50:38 AM »
Hellooooo!
You do the draws and the writes, you say?? I hope we'll see you around in the museum and scriptorium threads, too >:]
And don't worry about not being native or writing gibberish, as you can see from our osession with tiny flags, most of us aren't native, either. and some of us write gibberish on purpose

HELLO HAIZ!!! [omg, I'm a huge fan of your writing, you're so good at this, I'm amazed]

Actually, yes, I'm at least planning to do some SSSS art!
Haha, okay, that's reassuring. =]

Welcome to the forum and the non-binary squad ^______________^
Thanks!! *fist bump* yay!
male pronouns, plz

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #817 on: May 19, 2015, 06:34:47 AM »
HELLO HAIZ!!! [omg, I'm a huge fan of your writing, you're so good at this, I'm amazed]
YOU FLATTER ME

and yessss join the art thread. It is strangely addictive to keep adding to our glorious pile of fanart

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #818 on: May 19, 2015, 08:24:28 AM »
Hello!

Yessss, I'll second Haiz, please join both the writing and art threads! i welcome you to the nonbinary squad as well. we are small but we are growing. soon
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #819 on: May 19, 2015, 08:29:37 AM »
Hello!

*pops in*
Welcome!! Complimentary cookies can be found at the top of the previous page. :D Enjoy your stay!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Tjoll

« Reply #820 on: May 19, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »
Yessss, I'll second Haiz, please join both the writing and art threads! i welcome you to the nonbinary squad as well. we are small but we are growing. soon

I just went grocery shopping and thought about a group scene I want to paint. (It may or may not include Lalli sleeping at Emil's side and using his leg as a pillow while Emil explains with lots of enthusiastic gestures the events of the most recent and successful raid to an overly excited Tuuri.)
[However, even while we're talking, I ought to work on my Bachelor thesis, so drawing this will most surely take some time to accomplish ;;___;;]
oh my how cool is that, hi y'all!!

Edit:
Omg, also: Sigrun stands behind Emil and is all nO, NO, YOU'RE TELLING IT WRONG, IT WAS ACTUALLY _THIS_ BIG, while Reynir looks at her in abject horror, mouth agape. In the background: Mikkel, cataloguing the new books, casting a *seriously* expression at the titles. :D
Great, now I really, really want to draw this instantly...
...but I won't, because Bachelor thesis, buhuhu ;___;

*pops in*
Welcome!! Complimentary cookies can be found at the top of the previous page. :D Enjoy your stay!

*omnomnom* you sure know how to make a Tjoll happy, many thanks <3

also forum pro tip

Thank you for the useful tip! Also, your responsibility neglecting meme is gold!! =D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:11:04 AM by Tjoll »
male pronouns, plz

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #821 on: May 19, 2015, 09:06:12 AM »
Omg, also: Sigrun stands behind Emil and is all nO, NO, YOU'RE TELLING IT WRONG, IT WAS ACTUALLY _THIS_ BIG, while Reynir looks at her in abject horror, mouth agape. In the background: Mikkel, cataloguing the new books, casting a *seriously* expression at the titles. :D
Great, now I really, really want to draw this instantly...
...but I won't, because Bachelor thesis, buhuhu ;___;

•    w    •
I like this plan please do this sometime pfffff work?? school?? nobody actually does any on this forum. procrastination international. be careful this will become your life
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #822 on: May 19, 2015, 09:11:33 AM »
I,, proud creator of the responsibility neglecting meme,

wholly endorse this

(don't actually neglect your important schoolwork. don't)

also forum pro tip: it is fully possible to edit/modify your posts, and to add several quotes in one post also :3c
i'm not being critical, just pointing out so threads don't get clogged up with double/triple-posting~

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:16:01 AM by Haiz »

wafflenut

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #823 on: May 19, 2015, 04:29:45 PM »
Greetings everyone,

I am excited to finally join this forum after months of Curry telling me that I should. I started reading Minna's comics with the first few chapters of Redtail's Dream and immediately fell in love with the art and personalities of the main characters. Stand Still Stay Silent has been just as amazing, and I cannot wait to participate in a community of people that feel the same way. I consider myself a decent artist and cosplayer. I plan to cosplay Emil and post fan art when I have time.
I don't particularly care what gender pronouns people use with me, although I am most accustomed to female pronouns.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #824 on: May 19, 2015, 04:32:06 PM »
Greetings everyone,

I am excited to finally join this forum after months of Curry telling me that I should. I started reading Minna's comics with the first few chapters of Redtail's Dream and immediately fell in love with the art and personalities of the main characters. Stand Still Stay Silent has been just as amazing, and I cannot wait to participate in a community of people that feel the same way. I consider myself a decent artist and cosplayer. I plan to cosplay Emil and post fan art when I have time.
I don't particularly care what gender pronouns people use with me, although I am most accustomed to female pronouns.
Hee, curry has finally succeeded in getting the Emil to join. hELLO and welcome to the forum!!! I'm guessing we've already seen you in the cosplay thread, but feel free to spam more whenever >:] same goes for the museum thread >:]]]