Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580914 times)

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #735 on: May 08, 2015, 12:07:19 PM »
Thanks for all the greetings! :)

Quote from: Sunflower on May 07, 2015, 02:51:59 PM
If I remember my high-school math, you're... 17?  That actually makes you one of the elder members of "SSSS Fandom: The Next Generation."

16, I believe. (Tuomi was 15)
17 actually, because exponents come first: Tuomi+(2×Tuomi^0) -> 15+(2×1) -> 17 ;)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #736 on: May 08, 2015, 12:51:56 PM »
Thanks for all the greetings! :)
17 actually, because exponents come first: Tuomi+(2×Tuomi^0) -> 15+(2×1) -> 17 ;)

*slaps self* I knew that! Don't think I realized it wasn't in parentheses :P
But whatever, this thread isn't for me to discuss my math problems

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #737 on: May 08, 2015, 11:27:53 PM »
Hi Teresa! I saw your art on tumblr. welcome to the forum.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Teresa

« Reply #738 on: May 09, 2015, 05:09:32 PM »
Hi Teresa! I saw your art on tumblr. welcome to the forum.
Hi! I hoped you liked my (kinda sloppy) art! I'm very happy to be here  ;D

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #739 on: May 10, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am anonion (pronounced "an onion", not my real name or anything). I hail from Eastern Europe and am a pretty typical geek (into video games, comics, langauges, googling obscure topics at 3 am) who put a handful of extra points in art. I mostly made an account here to share my fanart, but then people told me it would be nice to introduce myself so here I am. I'll probably continue to comment mostly on Disqus, since its format feels more cozy, but I already enjoy it here as well! I'm off to read your introductions now.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #740 on: May 10, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am anonion (pronounced "an onion", not my real name or anything). I hail from Eastern Europe and am a pretty typical geek (into video games, comics, langauges, googling obscure topics at 3 am) who put a handful of extra points in art. I mostly made an account here to share my fanart, but then people told me it would be nice to introduce myself so here I am. I'll probably continue to comment mostly on Disqus, since its format feels more cozy, but I already enjoy it here as well! I'm off to read your introductions now.

It's always nice to introduce yourself! I for one like knowing who people are. :) *throws complimentary virtual cookies at you* Go forth, enjoy your time here!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

m-ew

• Super-Newbie
  • im rae!! talk to me about my ssssona :3c
« Reply #741 on: May 10, 2015, 09:50:31 PM »
hi! im rae :3

im good friends with curry and also freddiethefantastic, and they have been talking about this comic for like five million years! i finally decided i should catch up and omg i rly love it. im just a few pages away from being updated rn!!!

ive not rly been active in fandoms before, but ive heard that everyone here is very sweet so im eager to meet you all! ive also never used a forum before oops. so im def new at all this. i draw a bit so i might post some art here eventually? anyways im just rly excited to be a part of the community!!! c: c: c:
my tumblr
:usa:
:spain: (learning)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #742 on: May 10, 2015, 09:57:37 PM »
hi! im rae :3

im good friends with curry and also freddiethefantastic, and they have been talking about this comic for like five million years! i finally decided i should catch up and omg i rly love it. im just a few pages away from being updated rn!!!

ive not rly been active in fandoms before, but ive heard that everyone here is very sweet so im eager to meet you all! ive also never used a forum before oops. so im def new at all this. i draw a bit so i might post some art here eventually? anyways im just rly excited to be a part of the community!!! c: c: c:

Rae is great and their art is great and they're super sweet and they're going to be cosplaying with me eventually! :D I'm glad I introduced them to this comic • v •
YEET

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #743 on: May 11, 2015, 04:08:26 AM »
Hello Rae, it's good to have you around! Please do post some art, we want to to see all the art! :D

P__

« Reply #744 on: May 11, 2015, 08:37:09 AM »
wow, it's been a while since i've seen this thread!

WELCOME EVERYONE!
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Haspen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Hat Kat
« Reply #745 on: May 11, 2015, 04:27:22 PM »
Having had marathon-ed through the comic in half a day, then became its fan, then marathoned aRTD as well, and just now decided to join the fanforums as well.

Hi all!
Languages? Only :poland: and :uk: I'm afraid!

My 'dream catalogue' - Are you ready to delve into crazy? You probably aren't, so remember that you're clicking this at your own responsibility.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #746 on: May 11, 2015, 04:38:27 PM »
Having had marathon-ed through the comic in half a day, then became its fan, then marathoned aRTD as well, and just now decided to join the fanforums as well.

Hi all!

We acknowledge your dedication marathon-man/lady. Welcome to the forum.

Snommelp

« Reply #747 on: May 11, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »

Hi all!

Welcome! I'm also a marathoner of new comics, so I can guess that when you reached the most recent page your reaction was probably similar to mine -- "wait, I'm caught up? But I need to know what happens next!"
Native speaker :usa:
Learning :sweden: :denmark: :norway: :ireland:
Want to learn :finland: :iceland: :wales: :italy: :brazil:
Know a small amount of :germany: :france: :vaticancity:
Professional(ish) musician and theologian

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #748 on: May 11, 2015, 04:48:41 PM »
Welcome! I'm also a marathoner of new comics, so I can guess that when you reached the most recent page your reaction was probably similar to mine -- "wait, I'm caught up? But I need to know what happens next!"
I always have this smug feeling when marathoning, like, you see all these people obsessively waiting for the next update and you just click your way through the pages like "haha suckerssss" - but then you emerge at the end, an addicted wreck and realize that oh no, you're one of the suckers now

also hello Haspen, I hope you'll like it here ^_^
you'll know where to find me.

Haspen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Hat Kat
« Reply #749 on: May 11, 2015, 05:11:35 PM »
Yes by the time I reached the 'last page' (it was page 284, I think) I had an internal scream of 'WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS THE LAST PAGE, NOOOO'.

Thanks for warm welcome! :3
Languages? Only :poland: and :uk: I'm afraid!

My 'dream catalogue' - Are you ready to delve into crazy? You probably aren't, so remember that you're clicking this at your own responsibility.