Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580951 times)

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #645 on: April 17, 2015, 01:14:25 AM »
Somehow I only just found this....

I'm Teagan. I'm turning 27 in a few days, but I am a giant nerd and sometimes forget I didn't just turn 20. I help take care of someone's house and run errands for them as a living. I've traveled a little but mostly in the US. On top of the languages in my sig, I've tried learning Romanian, Irish Gaelic and Old Norse, but only remember a few phrases of each. I like cultures, languages, writing/world-building, Homestuck and used to be a pretty big fan of various anime, but I don't watch much now. I enjoy a lot of kinds of music, but current really like dubstep.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #646 on: April 17, 2015, 04:35:52 PM »
I didn't find any specific thread or post about this, so I will ask here (please don't kill me). HOW DO I FLAG? D:
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #647 on: April 17, 2015, 04:38:43 PM »
You put the name of the country between colons. So, : iceland : without spaces makes :iceland:, etc.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #648 on: April 17, 2015, 04:39:22 PM »
I didn't find any specific thread or post about this, so I will ask here (please don't kill me). HOW DO I FLAG? D:

Info on that and flags available is in this thread.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #649 on: April 17, 2015, 04:42:21 PM »
You put the name of the country between colons. So, : iceland : without spaces makes :iceland:, etc.

Info on that and flags available is in this thread.

Thank you so much!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #650 on: April 17, 2015, 04:48:44 PM »
Somehow I only just found this....

I'm Teagan. I'm turning 27 in a few days, but I am a giant nerd and sometimes forget I didn't just turn 20. I help take care of someone's house and run errands for them as a living. I've traveled a little but mostly in the US. On top of the languages in my sig, I've tried learning Romanian, Irish Gaelic and Old Norse, but only remember a few phrases of each. I like cultures, languages, writing/world-building, Homestuck and used to be a pretty big fan of various anime, but I don't watch much now. I enjoy a lot of kinds of music, but current really like dubstep.

And welcome, Teagan! :) (I know I'm just a newbie, but the Official SSSS Forum Welcome Committee will be here shortly).
And I know what you mean. I'm 23 and I have to frequently remind myself that I'm not 20 anymore. It's weird.
I also love writing and world building! If you are like me, you must have several alternative universes in your head... Right? :P

Snommelp

« Reply #651 on: April 17, 2015, 11:23:06 PM »
Hi, Joe.  I've seen your username on Disqus.  Does it spell something backwards? 

In any event, welcome.  Lots to read and do here!  We're all friendly, so don't hesitate to ask questions or try something out.

- Sunflower
Forum-Skald

It does mean something, but the something it means (once you crack the code) is related to my real name, so I tend to be careful with sharing that info  :P
Native speaker :usa:
Learning :sweden: :denmark: :norway: :ireland:
Want to learn :finland: :iceland: :wales: :italy: :brazil:
Know a small amount of :germany: :france: :vaticancity:
Professional(ish) musician and theologian

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #652 on: April 17, 2015, 11:35:48 PM »
And welcome, Teagan! :) (I know I'm just a newbie, but the Official SSSS Forum Welcome Committee will be here shortly).
And I know what you mean. I'm 23 and I have to frequently remind myself that I'm not 20 anymore. It's weird.
I also love writing and world building! If you are like me, you must have several alternative universes in your head... Right? :P

Yeah a few :) one i've kept around since middle school but it's changed a lot. Sometimes characters even jump between them when i'm not looking, heh

Wolfram

« Reply #653 on: April 19, 2015, 09:18:06 AM »

Nationality: .....French
Studying: ...Electronics
Languages: :france: :uk: :poland:

Hi, I discovered SSSS recently through an ad on the SMBC website, I also read other webcomics including (but not limited to) Homestuck, RomanticallyApocalyptic, SaTW, xkcd...

My hobbies are pretty common, exept maybe sewing and survivalism

I'm going to Poland this summer but I haven't been in years, so maybe this forum is a good place to practice a little

Native: ....:france:
Understand: :uk:
Learning: ..:poland:

:chap7: newbie

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #654 on: April 19, 2015, 04:51:09 PM »
Welcome to all these new people! Have some cookies and tea and enjoy the company in the forum. Being pretty new myself I can already say that everyone here is very friendly and welcoming.

My hobbies are pretty common, exept maybe sewing and survivalism

If you are interested in sewing you could join us in the Yarncrafters Club, there are at least two of us sewing things.
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #655 on: April 20, 2015, 12:29:00 AM »
After a while of being too nervous to sign up and post here, I figured it was finally time to fix that! So howdy, I'm Shelby (or Baku if you prefer) and I come from the lovely Commonwealth of Virginia where you can drive from a big city to a field out in the middle of nowhere in approx. 5 minutes. I'm an artist and equestrian who adores videogames of all kinds (mostly RPGs and psychological horror) and baking sweets. I found SSSS through the Hiveworks website since I read a lot of other webcomics associated with them (The Black Brick Road of OZ, The Lonely Vincent Bellingham, The Glass Scientists, etc.), and all I can say is that I absolutely love the comic and everything that seems to come with it. I'm excited to stumble upon a fandom that seems so friendly, and I hope to get to know you all pretty well!
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #656 on: April 20, 2015, 01:29:02 AM »
Hello, New Minnions!

*signs the band to start to play; sound of drums and trombones fills the room*

Welcome to the Forum! Enjoy the many threads of fun and delight, and don't leave out Piney's squirrel cookies!

*laying the red carpet out, so it's leading straight to Piney's bakery*
*spotting Lars's cunning battle cookie, Dale; points it out*

Well, maybe you do want to leave out the small one that waves with a little pitchfork, and throws other cookies to the punch bowl, but the others won't fight back. Promise!

Links you may find interesting:
We have a thread for cooking and one for video games.
And, also, there is a thread for stuff in the post apocalyptic genre.

Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:36:15 AM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #657 on: April 20, 2015, 02:16:16 AM »
*Pops out of kitchen* I've been summoned? Here are my squirrel cookies yes.

After a while of being too nervous to sign up and post here, I figured it was finally time to fix that! So howdy, I'm Shelby (or Baku if you prefer) and I come from the lovely Commonwealth of Virginia where you can drive from a big city to a field out in the middle of nowhere in approx. 5 minutes. I'm an artist and equestrian who adores videogames of all kinds (mostly RPGs and psychological horror) and baking sweets. I found SSSS through the Hiveworks website since I read a lot of other webcomics associated with them (The Black Brick Road of OZ, The Lonely Vincent Bellingham, The Glass Scientists, etc.), and all I can say is that I absolutely love the comic and everything that seems to come with it. I'm excited to stumble upon a fandom that seems so friendly, and I hope to get to know you all pretty well!

Hi there Virginian Minnion! (heheh) I'm from Virginia myself :) I can confirm we are very friendly and most of us are not trolls/beasts/giants. As far as I know. Enjoy the stay!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #658 on: April 20, 2015, 03:06:58 AM »
Hello, New Minnions!
*signs the band to start to play; sound of drums and trombones fills the room*
Welcome to the Forum! Enjoy the many threads of fun and delight, and don't leave out Piney's squirrel cookies!
*laying the red carpet out, so it's leading straight to Piney's bakery*
*spotting Lars's cunning battle cookie, Dale; points it out*
Well, maybe you do want to leave out the small one that waves with a little pitchfork, and throws other cookies to the punch bowl, but the others won't fight back. Promise!
Hi there Virginian Minnion! (heheh) I'm from Virginia myself :) I can confirm we are very friendly and most of us are not trolls/beasts/giants. As far as I know. Enjoy the stay!
@Sharion @Piney

Well, thank you both very much! I'll enjoy my stay... and these cookies.
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #659 on: April 20, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »