Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580920 times)

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #570 on: March 21, 2015, 01:02:55 AM »
hi guys!! i go by karma and im the dancing queen, young and sweet, only 17. i hail from the east coast of the us and i die daily from the incredible heat
i found artd when it was finishing up around the bear arc, and i blew money on the book because it is beautiful and totally worth it, and i was super pumped when ssss started!! im super new to this forum and very afraid so please be kind while i get things sorted ; v ;
i love webcomics and follow quite a few!! i do art sometimes and ive been working towards making a personal webcomic someday *blows a confetti popper*
i think thats about it!! fun fact, 'callipygous' means to have a shapely, beautiful butt

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #571 on: March 21, 2015, 01:43:58 AM »
hi guys!! i go by karma and im the dancing queen, young and sweet, only 17. i hail from the east coast of the us and i die daily from the incredible heat
i found artd when it was finishing up around the bear arc, and i blew money on the book because it is beautiful and totally worth it, and i was super pumped when ssss started!! im super new to this forum and very afraid so please be kind while i get things sorted ; v ;
i love webcomics and follow quite a few!! i do art sometimes and ive been working towards making a personal webcomic someday *blows a confetti popper*
i think thats about it!! fun fact, 'callipygous' means to have a shapely, beautiful butt

Hey there!
*bows to welcome you*
*prepares cookie machine gu-
im super new to this forum and very afraid so please be kind while i get things sorted ; v ;
*puts away cookie machine gun*
...Help yourself to some cookies! Freshly baked!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

ChristopherMcCauley

« Reply #572 on: March 25, 2015, 03:48:19 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm Christopher McCauley, started reading SSSS since page 208. I've lived all my life in Ireland, almost 20. Going to university this September to study Biology (Coleraine). Thus far, SSSS is the only webcomic I'm interested in (but if Lars_B likes Girl Genius...), but so far its actually one of my favorite pieces of media. I've never done paid formal work, but I make some money off of selling software (mostly related to security), and I've done gardening/ plant breeding before.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #573 on: March 25, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »
Hello fellow fans,

I go by the name of Viisikielinenkantele which you can also see as my avatar and I found SSSS (like a lot of people I`m guessing) through a picture of the language tree on a lingustics-blog. I just looked it up and was instantly hooked. So I´ve been lurking a lot in the forum and the comments and finally got the courage to participate. And it´s fun!  :)
So, about me. I´m german, female and my age is currently between Sigrun and Taru.
I studied fenno-ugric/uralic languages at university, but this was a long time ago, so my finnish is a little rusty (and my estonian is almost completely forgotten *cough*), but I´m still deeply in love with the north.
So, what else is there to say? I play a few instruments, I sing, I sew, I write, I have family... oh yeah, and I work. This pretty much fills up my days. When I have free time I like reading a lot of books.
So, now I´m off reading the threads! See you!
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #574 on: March 25, 2015, 05:34:24 PM »
Welcome to Christopher and Viisikielinenkantele (I have no doubt I will grow to hate that name if I have to talk to you a lot XD).  Please make yourselves at home and fine somewhere to hide, I am glad I have managed to reach you before people started throwing cookies (and other items) at your heads ;)

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #575 on: March 25, 2015, 05:59:34 PM »
Thank you! Well, you can try to shout "hey, you over there with the impossible nickname", but this is not really shorter... today there´s also only my kantele here so you can always shortcut it. We will sort it out later if there will be another.

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #576 on: March 25, 2015, 07:24:09 PM »
"You with the impossible name" may not be shorter but it is easier to remember :P

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #577 on: March 25, 2015, 07:30:41 PM »
Thank you! Well, you can try to shout "hey, you over there with the impossible nickname", but this is not really shorter... today there´s also only my kantele here so you can always shortcut it. We will sort it out later if there will be another.
Vii..Viisi.. Viisikilenenka....
Whiskey-Kantele. Close enough.

Welcome to the forum!

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #578 on: March 25, 2015, 11:40:56 PM »
Hi guys, it's me! If any of you lurk in the art thread, you might have seen me by now. I posted the Silent Scouts way back in November. I've been informed to introduce myself, so I'll do that (didn't even know this was a thing).

I've been following Minna, our lord and creator, for a few years now, way back when little Hannu was cavorting about the dream realm with Seal-Ville! Read the whole book in one night and have been hooked since then. I love this comic, and I love our fandom!

I am a Southern California girl, living it up at the tender age of 21. Currently working towards getting a degree in Fine Arts with an emphasis in Graphic Design. Doing all things crafty is my lifeblood, that and parousing the internet waaayy too late at night. Some interests includes reading, going on walks, roller coasters, bungee jumping, drawing, crocheting, snorkeling. I am obsessed with all things vintage, thrift stores, and typical Hipster lifestyle (though I hate to admit it). I am quirky, and OK with that!

Can't wait to spend more of my time with you guys, I want to be a more active member of this forum!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #579 on: March 26, 2015, 03:01:10 AM »
I feel awed. Just learned of the Introduction thread, by-the-by.

Hello, I'm BarbaryLion22. I am terrible at usernames. I suppose you can call me Barbary? I am a female three years younger than Emil and Lalli, and I currently live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I go to a decent public high school, and I am currently planning on doing something college-y...eventually. I like reading, music (both playing and listening), and... artsy stuff, I suppose. I am currently studying Japanese, know a bit of Hawaiian and Spanish, and can swear in a couple of other languages.

I found SSSS through one of the tantalizing ads on some website that I cannot remember last fall, and have since binge-read ARtD. I discovered the forum some time ago, but only recently created an account. I like all sorts of visual media, but aside from SSSS, right now I am hooked on Assassination Classroom and Tokyo Ghoul:re. I even have a gachapon of Nagisa!

Thank you for all being wonderful people, and for encouraging me and others like me to join this community!
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #580 on: March 26, 2015, 03:30:02 AM »
Vii..Viisi.. Viisikilenenka....
Whiskey-Kantele. Close enough.

Welcome to the forum!

Hey! ?mockglares? As a finnish instrument the only fitting spirit- name is vodka-kantele!  ;D
Thank you very much for the welcome!

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #581 on: March 26, 2015, 05:32:35 AM »
Very well, you shall henceforth be known as "Vodka-Candle" :P

Also, welcome to Barbary *waves*

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #582 on: March 26, 2015, 06:26:21 AM »
Thank you, Koeshi *waves back*
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #583 on: March 26, 2015, 09:12:58 AM »
As a finnish instrument the only fitting spirit- name is vodka-kantele!  ;D

As a Finn I'd prefer "viinakantele", viina being the Finnish common name for all strong spirits (including vodka of course) while vodka is a russian word.
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #584 on: March 26, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »
As a Finn I'd prefer "viinakantele", viina being the Finnish common name for all strong spirits (including vodka of course) while vodka is a russian word.

This fits even better! Sorry about the inappropriate choosing. I was never much interested in spirits...