Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580809 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #525 on: March 12, 2015, 07:21:55 AM »
Mandatory cookies for the newbies, in the form of squirrels:
I think it's time you awarded yourself the Cookie Grand Master title.

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #526 on: March 12, 2015, 08:06:51 AM »
Welcome all!
And also welcome those who introduced themselves in the *other* intro thread (should we maybe lock one of those?)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #527 on: March 12, 2015, 08:22:50 AM »
And also welcome those who introduced themselves in the *other* intro thread (should we maybe lock one of those?)
The one on the language board? It's there for non-English introductions, a kind of language roll call.

P__

« Reply #528 on: March 12, 2015, 09:46:02 AM »
oh :o
never realized that (/me is dumb sometimes) nevermind then :P
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Saeirin

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #529 on: March 12, 2015, 05:46:09 PM »
Hello! I have been lurking since fairly early on in aRTD. I love stories, and science, and have a mostly healthy obsession with swing dancing. I only speak English, though theoretically I am learning German. I play violin and otamatone (look it up!), and I'm in Science Olympiad, which is like a team sport for science nerds who are sad because there aren't enough tests in the actual science classes we're taking. Mostly though I'm just far too obsessive about swing, and nobody should ever talk to me on Thursday because all that's going to come out of my mouth is stories about all the wonderful and amazing things that happened at swing, and what new aerial I learned, and who said what, and...

Anyway, hello everyone!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #530 on: March 12, 2015, 06:00:11 PM »
Hello! I have been lurking since fairly early on in aRTD. I love stories, and science, and have a mostly healthy obsession with swing dancing. I only speak English, though theoretically I am learning German. I play violin and otamatone (look it up!), and I'm in Science Olympiad, which is like a team sport for science nerds who are sad because there aren't enough tests in the actual science classes we're taking.
Mostly though I'm just far too obsessive about swing, and nobody should ever talk to me on Thursday because all that's going to come out of my mouth is stories about all the wonderful and amazing things that happened at swing, and what new aerial I learned, and who said what, and...

Anyway, hello everyone!

Welcome, Saeirin!  You'll be a great addition to the Forum.  If you want to exercise your science-nerd side, you can comment on anything from etiology of the Rash to rebuilding the plastics/petro-chemicals industry in the Known World. 

And if you like swing, join the commentary on the music thread.  We have a lot of jazz and swing fans (Rollo in particular) and are always open to new recommendations. 

We're (well, others more musically talented than me) even creating a fan musical -- check it out.

Best wishes,

Sunflower
Forum-Skald
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:09:15 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #531 on: March 13, 2015, 09:54:13 PM »
*arrives with complimentary squirrel cookie platters for the newbies, because of course*
I'm not actually really new here, just found the introductions. I've been mostly-lurking for a while here and spending a lot of time on comments. But thanks! *nomnomnom*
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #532 on: March 14, 2015, 12:24:13 AM »
Wow hi? I'm actually 100% new to here and really, on any kind of forum at all, so prob doing this wrong, but???
Anyway, I'm Freddie, 15 (I know, I'm a baby). I started SSSS bc a friend of mine (Curry on here, I think) recommended it. I've never commented but love reading all of the comments.
I draw a bit, and although I'm not in many other fandoms atm (dangan ronpa, haikyuu!!, snk, avas demon), i'm working on getting into more. I want to read artd but haven't started yet. I only speak english, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:31:42 AM by freddiethefantastic »

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #533 on: March 14, 2015, 12:55:13 AM »
Wow hi? I'm actually 100% new to here and really, on any kind of forum at all, so prob doing this wrong, but???
Anyway, I'm Freddie, 15 (I know, I'm a baby). I started SSSS bc a friend of mine (Curry on here, I think) recommended it. I've never commented but love reading all of the comments.
I draw a bit, and although I'm not in many other fandoms atm (dangan ronpa, haikyuu!!, homestuck, snk, avas demon), i'm working on getting into more. I want to read artd but haven't started yet. I only speak english, unfortunately.

Oh hi! :) *ahem* Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay, and [*shoves cookie platter in your face*] help yourself to some cookies!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #534 on: March 14, 2015, 01:06:32 AM »
I draw a bit, and although I'm not in many other fandoms atm (dangan ronpa, haikyuu!!, homestuck, snk, avas demon), i'm working on getting into more. I want to read artd but haven't started yet. I only speak english, unfortunately.

Welcome Freddie! Have some squirrel cookies! Don't worry you're doing foruming right and it's great that Curry started you off here! You're not the only monolingual person here and not the only 15 year old either! ;) If you like drawing, there are some art threads you can take a look at here in the forum.   :D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:14:20 PM by kahli »
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #535 on: March 14, 2015, 09:54:48 AM »

Awwww, the same age I was when I joined my first forum, such a cute widdle thing :)

It may seems a little intimidating at first, but throw yourself into it and it can be good fun and you can really get to know the people you are talking with.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #536 on: March 14, 2015, 10:33:56 AM »

Oh my gosh, I am in literally all of those fandoms (except dangan ronpa)!! And don't worry, you're not the only teenager here, nor are you the youngest ;3
If you like to draw, you should definitely check out the ssss art museum! Actually, you should check out that thread anyway because it's pure awesome.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #537 on: March 14, 2015, 10:42:24 AM »

Freddie is really great and her art is even greater and I can't wait for her to start posting it! (incredibly subtle hint wink wonk) Seriously, she's amazing and if you have a tumblr go follow her
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #538 on: March 14, 2015, 10:45:38 AM »
Freddie is really great and her art is even greater and I can't wait for her to start posting it! (incredibly subtle hint wink wonk) Seriously, she's amazing and if you have a tumblr go follow her
I don't think she's posted any links to her tumblr yet.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #539 on: March 14, 2015, 12:50:50 PM »
Hullo and welcome!  I hope you'll find your stay here as pleasant as possible, and I'm looking forward to seeing some artwork!  :)
Feel free to PM.