Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580964 times)

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #510 on: March 07, 2015, 04:10:06 PM »
Heeey everyone!
I've been around for a few weeks now, and have now finally decided to introduce myself xD! Im a 16 year old girl from Norway! It was my good good friend Sigrid Marie who showed me the SSSS comic and "the world of webcomics" I've been addicted since then (Thankyouverymuchwhatshouldihavedonewithoutyou!!) xD I am into everything! from drawing, watching anime & cool series/films to climbing, play video- and boardgames and reading! I hope that i will get to know you all better! There is so much amazing, hilarious and touching fan-art and discussions on here i hope i soon will be a part of!! (i will definitely make some fan-art in the nearest future!!)

nailed it... xD
*High fives myself*
  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Welcome to the fandom and to the forum!  :D

OlineLoz

« Reply #511 on: March 07, 2015, 04:18:56 PM »
Welcome. Don't worry, stick around long enough and you'll inevitable be a part of the community just like your friend (especially if you post fan-art).

Thank you! I will do that! :)))

OlineLoz

« Reply #512 on: March 07, 2015, 04:19:50 PM »
Welcome to the fandom and to the forum!  :D

Thankyou!!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #513 on: March 07, 2015, 11:22:15 PM »
I am a high-school student who lives in Seattle (WOOO! Ballard!). I enjoy science in general, but especially chemistry, because FIIRRRRE. In my lack of spare time, I reread Tolkien and Sherlock Holmes, do cryptograms, generally geek out, and stare at the Internet. See below for languages.

A friend of mine found this through the links on another Hiveworks comic, and shared it when it became apparent that it was amazing (she's still a lurker). I have since channelled much of my webstaring time into the comments section.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #514 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:09 AM »
*arrives with complimentary squirrel cookie platters for the newbies, because of course*

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #515 on: March 08, 2015, 05:05:49 AM »
I am a high-school student who lives in Seattle (WOOO! Ballard!). I enjoy science in general, but especially chemistry, because FIIRRRRE. In my lack of spare time, I reread Tolkien and Sherlock Holmes, do cryptograms, generally geek out, and stare at the Internet. See below for languages.

A friend of mine found this through the links on another Hiveworks comic, and shared it when it became apparent that it was amazing (she's still a lurker). I have since channelled much of my webstaring time into the comments section.

All Hail!

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
« Reply #516 on: March 09, 2015, 09:11:38 AM »

Welcome welcome welcome! :D

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #517 on: March 10, 2015, 06:27:29 PM »
Blargh there are just too many people joining these days, can't even watch few episodes of full metal alchemist without new faces popping in.

To you all who have joined in my absence, May your forum career be long and your eventual fan-art pritty! Welcome to these forums

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #518 on: March 11, 2015, 07:32:33 AM »
Haven't been active on the forum for few months, so I just say a general WELCOME to all you (from my point of view) new people. It's nice that SSSS connects so many different people from so many parts of the world =)
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #519 on: March 11, 2015, 08:27:29 AM »
Haven't been active on the forum for few months, so I just say a general WELCOME to all you (from my point of view) new people. It's nice that SSSS connects so many different people from so many parts of the world =)

Greetings to the new ones, and also: welcome back, Pessi. :)
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

EmmaC

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #520 on: March 11, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »
Hi there!
I just discovered (ok a few days ago) this extraordinary webcomic and I fell in love with everything! Now I am slowly walking around the fan forum and think it's quiet an amazing place too! So here I am.

Name Emma, born in France, grew up in Africa (Gabon), then *complex maps of various travel in the world* and then ended in Quebec.
I am in my late 30 and just have a baby (my baby girl!!!! ;D). I hope to show her how the world is full of wonderful and various people. I am a scientist, a wannabe writer and addicted to outdoor activities... and I fell in love with winter.
I am not fluent in many languages alas. French and slowly english (be kind, I make mistakes)... German is far awaaaaaaaaaay.
*thaaaanks - find the info for the flags!*
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:52:20 PM by EmmaC »
Fluent in :france:
Becoming fluent in english from :canada: (I learned there are differences!!!)
A long time ago in a far away galaxy :germany:

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #521 on: March 11, 2015, 08:34:39 PM »
Hi there!

Hello and welcome!

There is a useful "forum help" thread HERE. A post or two down you will find instructions for the flags.
My one-and-only: :uk:

Clairebear

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #522 on: March 11, 2015, 11:51:32 PM »
Hello folks!
Finally figured I'd make it over here and create an account. I'm a 19-yr-old lady from the US, I've been reading since like halfway through aRTD although I don't comment a whole lot (when I do it's under the name Claire featuring an obese cat pic) but I do like reading what people have to say! Aaanyway, I'm in college right now, thinking about going into geology but I'm not totally sure. In the meantime I work at a little shop designing and printing t-shirts! I like webcomics, silly cartoons, making stuff, learning stuff, and sandbox/simulationey video games. So yep!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #523 on: March 12, 2015, 12:08:34 AM »
*Gasp!*  Did you say...
I work at a little shop designing and printing t-shirts!

Have you seen this thread?
At your convenience, I suggest you talk with OrigamiOwl (who is delightful company anyway) BECAUSE she's created some SSSS T-shirt designs!  Maybe we can actually make them a thing!

Also, welcome to the Forum!  I've seen your icon on Disqus -- is the photo that poor overweight cat that Anderson Cooper once petted on TV?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #524 on: March 12, 2015, 01:13:33 AM »
Mandatory cookies for the newbies, in the form of squirrels:

Hello folks!
Finally figured I'd make it over here and create an account. I'm a 19-yr-old lady from the US, I've been reading since like halfway through aRTD although I don't comment a whole lot (when I do it's under the name Claire featuring an obese cat pic) but I do like reading what people have to say! Aaanyway, I'm in college right now, thinking about going into geology but I'm not totally sure. In the meantime I work at a little shop designing and printing t-shirts! I like webcomics, silly cartoons, making stuff, learning stuff, and sandbox/simulationey video games. So yep!

Hello! I actually remember you from disqus, specifically because we share a first name (and I like finding people with my name idk :D ) Welcome to forum and help yourself to some Piney-cookies™!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: