Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580876 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #405 on: February 23, 2015, 12:37:37 PM »
Having twelve year olds joining is making me feel very old XD.
Me too!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2015, 12:58:39 PM »
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2015, 01:44:39 PM »
Nice to meet everybody, I am at the moment staring at this magnificent forum, and completely lost, as I tend to be in any commenting system that isn't disqus. Ahahaaa well I hope to get the hang of it, eventually. I am as old as Tuuri, and live in the Netherlands, I only speak Dutch, English and a little bit of highschool-French. (If for some reason someone wants to learn Dutch words, I'll be happy to help, though it would only be usefull in the NL and Belgium, pretty smaaal area of the world) I like to call myself a scribbler, as in, I write down story snippets but never finish them.  :-[ I also like drawing traditionally, mostly animals, monsters and simple human anatomy. I'm a hardcore manga and anime nerd, combining this with all the webcomics I follow I am basically glued to my computer. Otherwise I am probably found reading my growing graphic novel collection or studying for university. (Literature, second year) Very happy to meet all of you, who have gone before, I am frantically waving to all of you, with a derpy smile on my face.  ;)

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #408 on: February 23, 2015, 01:52:40 PM »
Welcome!  You and your interests will fit right in.   :)

You're actually not the first recent arrival to mention feeling overwhelmed by the Forum.  If you have any thoughts on how to make it more newcomer-friendly, please post them in the "Improvements" thread (over on the Forum board).  Up till now, we've just been letting the Forum grow organically; this has led to many, many individual stacks of content but not a lot of organization. 

Meanwhile, feel free to post any observations or questions that occur to you.  We're a friendly bunch and try to make new commenters feel at home.

Sunflower
Forum-Skald

Nice to meet everybody, I am at the moment staring at this magnificent forum, and completely lost, as I tend to be in any commenting system that isn't disqus.

I am as old as Tuuri, and live in the Netherlands, I only speak Dutch, English and a little bit of highschool-French. (If for some reason someone wants to learn Dutch words, I'll be happy to help, though it would only be usefull in the NL and Belgium, pretty smaaal area of the world)

I like to call myself a scribbler, as in, I write down story snippets but never finish them.  :-[

I also like drawing traditionally, mostly animals, monsters and simple human anatomy. I'm a hardcore manga and anime nerd, combining this with all the webcomics I follow I am basically glued to my computer. Otherwise I am probably found reading my growing graphic novel collection or studying for university. (Literature, second year)

Very happy to meet all of you who have gone before, I am frantically waving to all of you, with a derpy smile on my face.  ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #409 on: February 23, 2015, 03:27:30 PM »
Welcome, welcome! Have some cookies and hugs!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2015, 06:00:35 PM »
... Up till now, we've just been letting the Forum grow organically...
Ohhhh ! That's so much more elegant and classy than 'messily' ! I should remember it ! Let's test it :
"So far, I let my desk content grow organically"... Yessssssss! I like it!
(don't spank me, please, don't!)
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

wolfie

• Ranger
« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2015, 06:27:18 PM »
Welcome!  You and your interests will fit right in.   :)

You're actually not the first recent arrival to mention feeling overwhelmed by the Forum.  If you have any thoughts on how to make it more newcomer-friendly, please post them in the "Improvements" thread (over on the Forum board).  Up till now, we've just been letting the Forum grow organically; this has led to many, many individual stacks of content but not a lot of organization. 

Meanwhile, feel free to post any observations or questions that occur to you.  We're a friendly bunch and try to make new commenters feel at home.

Sunflower
Forum-Skald

Thank you, I am looking forward to exploring the forum. if I have any useful tips for improvement I will post them.

"Dammit Moon-Moon"

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »
Nice to meet everybody, I am at the moment staring at this magnificent forum, and completely lost, as I tend to be in any commenting system that isn't disqus. Ahahaaa well I hope to get the hang of it, eventually. I am as old as Tuuri, and live in the Netherlands, I only speak Dutch, English and a little bit of highschool-French. (If for some reason someone wants to learn Dutch words, I'll be happy to help, though it would only be usefull in the NL and Belgium, pretty smaaal area of the world) I like to call myself a scribbler, as in, I write down story snippets but never finish them.  :-[ I also like drawing traditionally, mostly animals, monsters and simple human anatomy. I'm a hardcore manga and anime nerd, combining this with all the webcomics I follow I am basically glued to my computer. Otherwise I am probably found reading my growing graphic novel collection or studying for university. (Literature, second year) Very happy to meet all of you, who have gone before, I am frantically waving to all of you, with a derpy smile on my face.  ;)
Welcome. Maybe I'll take you up on the language offer some day, the only phrase I know in Dutch is "ik pak je wel" (and I'm not even sure that's an actual phrase) :P
Feel free to get involved in the anime thread.

wolfie

• Ranger
« Reply #413 on: February 23, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »
Welcome, welcome! Have some cookies and hugs!

I will gladly take those cookies, heard a lot about them on the main site, something about squirrels? ;)

"Dammit Moon-Moon"

wolfie

• Ranger
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2015, 06:38:49 PM »
Welcome. Maybe I'll take you up on the language offer some day, the only phrase I know in Dutch is "ik pak je wel" (and I'm not even sure that's an actual phrase) :P
Feel free to get involved in the anime thread.

Haha, the sentence is a little odd, not a common phrase, though all the words are correctly spelled. (hands you a stroopwafel=special cookie) Feel free to ask me anytime. ^-^

"Dammit Moon-Moon"

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #415 on: February 23, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »
Ohhhh ! That's so much more elegant and classy than 'messily' ! I should remember it ! Let's test it :
"So far, I let my desk content grow organically"... Yessssssss! I like it!
(don't spank me, please, don't!)

Remember, I'm in communications, so I can come up with pleasant ways to express just about anything.   ;)

My desk is covered in a deep layer of rich, organic, heirloom content.  Which is to say, it's not quite ready for public display.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #416 on: February 23, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »
Hello all!
I came across SSSS a few months ago, but I didn't create an account on this forum, mostly because of my horrible English. But now, when all my friends trying to run away, if I say something like "Did I tell you about one wonderful webcomic ..." I especially need someone who understands my obsession. Hmm... I bet every english-speaker here will be suffering, while reading my posts. Especially because I'm very talkative person.
And so, my beautiful story. Once upon a time my classmate said "I should show you two gorgeous webcomics, and one of them is full of mooses". Yes, we talked about mooses (the best subject for the conversation, I believe). By the way, she didn't mentioned that these mooses are extremely unusual... Anyway, four days later I came to her, shouting "LET ME HUG YOU MY NEW BEST FRIEND BECAUSE YOU SHOWED ME THE MOST BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE! Now, let's talking about it all the time". Strange, but she didn't call the police. The end.
Ah, yes, I should introduce myself. I'm from Russia, the same age as Tuuri (and the same gender). And I also have the same problem: "you're sixteen?.. or seventeen?.. twelve, maybe?" - That's what I always hear from each new friend.
I'm interested in everything except my university studies (third year student of philosophy - don't know why I got involved in this. I guess, to make sure that I'll never find a job).
I'm an annoying extrovert, too loud and too enthusiastic. The best way to deal with me when I'm in a good mood - leave me alone in a locked room for a few hours until I become quiet (almost all of my friends think so). I am eternally busy with some nonsense like writing short stupid stories for my little nephews, or drawing something strange and useless, or dancing with a bunch of crazy people in old-fashioned clothes ("mad robin" - this is just my favorite dance). Fortunately, in the Internet I can't cause too much problems. You're almost safe.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #417 on: February 23, 2015, 07:52:44 PM »
I will gladly take those cookies, heard a lot about them on the main site, something about squirrels? ;)

Yes indeedy, you heard correctly! (see below)

Hello all!
I came across SSSS a few months ago, but I didn't create an account on this forum, mostly because of my horrible English. But now, when all my friends trying to run away, if I say something like "Did I tell you about one wonderful webcomic ..." I especially need someone who understands my obsession. Hmm... I bet every english-speaker here will be suffering, while reading my posts. Especially because I'm very talkative person.
And so, my beautiful story. Once upon a time my classmate said "I should show you two gorgeous webcomics, and one of them is full of mooses". Yes, we talked about mooses (the best subject for the conversation, I believe). By the way, she didn't mentioned that these mooses are extremely unusual... Anyway, four days later I came to her, shouting "LET ME HUG YOU MY NEW BEST FRIEND BECAUSE YOU SHOWED ME THE MOST BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE! Now, let's talking about it all the time". Strange, but she didn't call the police. The end.
Ah, yes, I should introduce myself. I'm from Russia, the same age as Tuuri (and the same gender). And I also have the same problem: "you're sixteen?.. or seventeen?.. twelve, maybe?" - That's what I always hear from each new friend.
I'm interested in everything except my university studies (third year student of philosophy - don't know why I got involved in this. I guess, to make sure that I'll never find a job).
I'm an annoying extrovert, too loud and too enthusiastic. The best way to deal with me when I'm in a good mood - leave me alone in a locked room for a few hours until I become quiet (almost all of my friends think so). I am eternally busy with some nonsense like writing short stupid stories for my little nephews, or drawing something strange and useless, or dancing with a bunch of crazy people in old-fashioned clothes ("mad robin" - this is just my favorite dance). Fortunately, in the Internet I can't cause too much problems. You're almost safe.

Welcome! Here are some cookies just for you! (and for Wolfie, there are lots to go around)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #418 on: February 23, 2015, 08:04:06 PM »
Hello, mad robin!  If you're talkative and extroverted, just come sit here by me and we'll never let anyone else get a word in edgewise.   :)  (BTW, don't worry about your English -- it looks fine to me.)

If you like writing little stories or "drawing something strange and useless," you'll fit in perfectly here.  Check out the threads for fan-art, memes/edits, and the SSSS Scriptorium. 

And if you like "dancing with a bunch of people in old-fashioned clothes," tell me about it!  I belong to several historic dance clubs and am trying to teach "The Congress of Vienna" Waltz to some of our Forum-ites.

See you on the forum...

Sunflower

P.S.  Is that Moominmamma in your avatar?  I like you already!

Hello all!

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
« Reply #419 on: February 23, 2015, 09:11:40 PM »
Welcome, Wolfie! Welcome, Mad Robin!