Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580808 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #330 on: February 10, 2015, 11:49:33 AM »
Welcome, new members! *gives out cookies, naturally*

*is very impressed* I wonder if there's a record for this...

Thank you! *happily eats the cookies*

Anyone is free to challenge me otherwise ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #331 on: February 10, 2015, 12:28:01 PM »
I'm an indoorsy person who like reading, drawing and writing.

Oh my gosh, ARE YOU ME? XD you sound a lot like me!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »

I think she probably sounds like 95% of the forum cx

benbah

« Reply #333 on: February 10, 2015, 07:50:16 PM »
Hi I am Benbah,   Australian comic addict.   Love Minnas work.  Only understand English.  Would love to understand more languages.
 :D
Knit on

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #334 on: February 10, 2015, 07:56:50 PM »

Haha, maybe I am ;) Sigrid Marie is probably right though xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Laowai

« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm Laowai. My Chinese speaking friends might recognize that as the Chinese word for "foreigner." I am a 24-year-old lady and have studied Chinese for over half my life now. I am also learning Portuguese and German just for funsies. (Sometimes French, but only when I'm feeling particularly masochistic)

I'm originally from Minnesota, but, shamefully, I am one of the few Minnesotans who has absolutely no claim to any Scandinavian heritage. I've also lived in China and Turkey, pacific northwest, and the smack-dab middle of nowhere.

I studied international studies at university and was a member of AIESEC. Any of you guys in university or soon to be absolutely must check to see if your school/city has an AIESEC chapter and join up! It's great!

I experience wander-lust to the nth degree. If I didn't have to worry about money, I would travel the world, going wherever my next whim takes me.

Unfortunately I am a cliched unemployed/underemployed recent graduate who is completely disillusioned with the system and the people who made it.

I love web comics, and found SSSS through an ad. I've never commented any comics before though and I've never joined  any sort of forum before in my life, so this is all new to me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2015, 08:10:47 PM »
I love web comics, and found SSSS through an ad.

I've never commented any comics before though and I've never joined any sort of forum before in my life, so this is all new to me.

Hi, Laowai!  Welcome to the club -- both of SSSS fans, and of people like me who never used to hang out in online forums.... till now.  You'll find we're a friendly bunch, even when debating the pros and cons of nuclear warheads as a Cleansing tool, or who you 'ship with whom. 

We encourage people to roam around freely and share their interests.  In particular, you may enjoy the language forums (though unfortunately, I don't think we have many posts re: Chinese yet).

See you around!

Sunflower
Forum-Skald

P.S.  I really like your forum icon.  Where is it from?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:13:05 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Laowai

« Reply #337 on: February 12, 2015, 01:19:30 AM »
P.S.  I really like your forum icon.  Where is it from?

It's from Girly by Josh Lesnick.  Its the very first web comic I ever read and it made me fall in love with web comics. I still cry at the ending to this very day.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #338 on: February 12, 2015, 05:08:38 AM »
I experience wander-lust to the nth degree. If I didn't have to worry about money, I would travel the world, going wherever my next whim takes me.

Unfortunately I am a cliched unemployed/underemployed recent graduate who is completely disillusioned with the system and the people who made it.

I truly understand how you feel.  Also seems like your Chinese friends liked you, I'm more used to being called "gweilo" :D.

Don't worry about being new to forums, you get the hang of them pretty quickly, spend enough time on them and you won't need any of the editing buttons, you'll know the code to put in from heart :).

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #339 on: February 12, 2015, 03:52:37 PM »
I don't think I ever introduced myself, so here goes :D

I'm a Finnish girlie, around Lalli's age, I'm also one of the folk who found SSSS through that language tree post (and that comparison chart between Finnish and Scandinavian languages), I saw it on tumblr and thought, oh wow someone's actually making a comic involving Finnish people, so I went to check it out and here I am a couple of months later, completely hooked. Mostly I just lurk in here and the in comic's comment section, although I do comment every once in a while.

Currently studying Business IT, even though my dream job will forever be an art teacher or graphic designer(or a librarian), IT kinda grew on me since I spend my days as a tech support -person to my family and friends. I will definitely take some courses in arts and crafts sometime in my life tho :D

I'm not exactly outdoorsy but during summer I like to wonder around in the forests and barley fields near my house, I live on the countryside(Southern Finland). Otherwise I spend my time reading fanfiction, writing ficlets I almost never publish aand drawing random things with mah tablet. And of course, hang around in here. English language comes rather easily to me, Swedish I can muddle through if you use simple words :D also studied some French and Japanese during junior high, but nowadays I remember almost nothing of either of those. Btw if someone here ever wants to learn Finnish, I'd be happy to teach some words and basic sentences and stuff like that.

Dunno what else to say, so feel free to ask me anything :D
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »
Welcome! :D Stand  by for Piney's cookie shower! :D Have a good stay and lots o' fun! :D
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2015, 05:35:37 PM »
You could always hold the cookie shower yourself, DzigaWatt :D

I don't think I ever introduced myself, so here goes :D

I have been tasked with providing these customary cookies for you :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Laowai

« Reply #342 on: February 13, 2015, 01:44:47 AM »
I truly understand how you feel.  Also seems like your Chinese friends liked you, I'm more used to being called "gweilo" :D.

Are you in the south? I never heard anything that bad myself. Apparently though, when I visited the first time with my high school class, my teacher kept getting called "da bizi" (big nose).

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #343 on: February 13, 2015, 03:51:12 AM »
Never actually lived there, but knew a Chinese guy at school that called me that, or "say-gweilo" if he was in a bad mood :).

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #344 on: February 13, 2015, 08:39:41 AM »
You could always hold the cookie shower yourself, DzigaWatt :D

Nah, I'm more like the mansion Alfred, so I leave the bat-cave Alfred business to you :D
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr