Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580836 times)

ookamisoulreaper

Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2015, 03:06:03 PM »
*wave*
Hello. I'm Ookami. I'm a generally quiet person who loves reading webcomics, with titles such as Twokinds and Off White in my favorites. I found the comic a few days ago through the site Flight Rising. I'm all caught up and waiting for updates with baited breath.

It's nice meeting you all!

Terallodaktus

• what can I say, I'm deadly in the court room.
« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »
So, after getting this account about three months ago, it might be time to introduce myself properly.
Also I'm desperately procrastinating right now, so that I don't study for my upcoming exams. Not enough pressure yet, I give it another 5 days 'til I get serious.
My nationality is german, I spent a year in NZ and came back a year ago to start uni, although I can't wait to get back out there. Preferably to a place without trolls, thanks very much.
I love traveling and discovering new things and places all over the world. My feet are itching to get out again, next trips already planned are to South England, Ireland and Sweden. Only 7 weeks left, yay!

I'm almost 0.3 Trond or 1.5 Tuomi and a law student. Which, to me, is way more awesome subject than most people seem to think it is.
I have an interest in almost anything and therefore am a jack of all trades. Which means I try a lot of things, but don't stick with them as soon as they get boring. Tenacity is a foreign word for me. I'm still searching and I'll probably never stop looking for things, other than books, that can keep me for a lifetime.
As you may have guessed, I adore reading, fancy myself a bit of an artist, enjoy cooking and baking. One of my favourite things to do is get dressed up as a zombie and spend a night in an old WWII bunker, hunting mortals. Or do it outside, but that's usually reserved for halloween, scaring people. Since I give them Zombie-cupcakes afterwards, it doesn't really count.

I'm approaching my first anniversary of discovering Minna's work, as well as my second lucky number in age.
Which is an awesome pun in german. Schnapszahl. Its literal translation is 'liquor number'! I like it anyway.

Not much more to know about me, but if you've got questions, ask them anyways. I'll probably answer ;)

Oh yeah, and I'm a girl.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 04:06:40 PM by Terallodaktus »
Curiosity is the most powerful driving force in the universe, because it can overcome the two biggest braking forces in the universe: reason and fear.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #287 on: January 31, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »
One of my favourite things to do is get dressed up as a zombie and spend a night in an old WWII bunker, hunting mortals.
Hang on just a sec, is this an actual IRL pastime?

Terallodaktus

• what can I say, I'm deadly in the court room.
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2015, 04:30:03 PM »
Hang on just a sec, is this an actual IRL pastime?

Alas, if only that were the case! *swoon*

Nah, it's Larp cons. Zombie ones are usually 4 to 5 times a year, with a 4 day one in the summer.
And then there are the end time ones, but that's a different type altogether. Zombie can be historical, apocalyptic, a mashup OR, my favourite, steampunk.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 04:51:42 PM by Terallodaktus »
Curiosity is the most powerful driving force in the universe, because it can overcome the two biggest braking forces in the universe: reason and fear.

Rainy

« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2015, 03:57:37 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, but from what I've seen so far it seems to be full of great, friendly people :)

You can call me Rainy. (Weather is important.) Actually it's snowing where I am right now. I'm from Finland and about Sigrun's age.

I first started reading SSSS a few months ago, when I saw the original language tree somewhere else on the Internet. I remember wondering about the year 0, and then clicking through to the comic to find out more. And I was amazed by the quality of the comic! Not only the art, but the plot and the way the characters interact are so well thought out. Also I've always been interested in mythology, languages and the horror genre (not zombies though, eugh). Obviously I can relate to a lot of the Nordic cultural aspects, too. I came to the forum to see what speculations and thoughts other readers had about the world of SSSS.

What else? Besides my native Finnish I'm fluent in English, fluent-ish Swedish and have studied some Russian and Latin. I'm not very tech-savvy, so I hope I'm not going to make too much of a mess of things on this nice forum.
Fluent: :finland: :uk:
Okay: :sweden:
Knows some: :russia: :vaticancity:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
What else? Besides my native Finnish I'm fluent in English, fluent-ish Swedish and have studied some Russian and Latin. I'm not very tech-savvy, so I hope I'm not going to make too much of a mess of things on this nice forum.
It's not much but a good place to get familiar with some of the technicalities (like how to add flags to your signature) is the helpful information thread. Welcome to the forum.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2015, 06:01:16 PM »
Hello hello! I'm new here on the forums, but I've commented awhile on the comic itself, sooo...
I live in the United States (Idaho, if you must know), currently a student studying for who-knows-what (there's just so much cool stuff out there!), and I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, making cultures and people, and small furry things. I'm an INFP, if y'know what I mean.
 I'm a comparatively long-time reader (I started aRTD when chapter 7 came up) and am absolutely loving everything about Minna's work. I wish I had half that artistic ability, honestly.

Aaaand... yeah. That's pretty much it. Oh yes, you're all wonderful, and thanks for the cookies in advance :P
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2015, 06:19:05 PM »
Hello hello! I'm new here on the forums, but I've commented awhile on the comic itself, sooo...
I live in the United States (Idaho, if you must know), currently a student studying for who-knows-what (there's just so much cool stuff out there!), and I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, making cultures and people, and small furry things. I'm an INFP, if y'know what I mean.
 I'm a comparatively long-time reader (I started aRTD when chapter 7 came up) and am absolutely loving everything about Minna's work. I wish I had half that artistic ability, honestly.

Aaaand... yeah. That's pretty much it. Oh yes, you're all wonderful, and thanks for the cookies in advance :P
welcome aboard my friend! And don't worry, if the art tread can stomach my scrablings i bet they will only enjoy yours. Post away im eager to see your machinations.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2015, 06:23:16 PM »

Welcome, welcome! I would offer you cookies, but you've gotten ahead of me on that. :D There are a lot of INFPs around these parts, you'll fit right in. Also, I second what FinnishViking said about the art thread.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #294 on: February 01, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »

Hello, and welcome to the forums! It's good to know that I'm not the only one overwhelmed by all the interesting professions you can choose between. Although if you're a student, you must have at least chosen a direction, right? And hey, I'm an INFP too! And I draw! Yay, things in common! By the way, you should totally check out the art thread (oh, wait, it would seem that the others already beat me to that suggestion)

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #295 on: February 01, 2015, 07:18:16 PM »
Thanks, all! Yeah, I noticed all the discussion on personality types - it's cool that we've just kinda naturally gathered.
Yeah, I'm studying, declared as a Graphic Design major, but I'm currently in a bit of flux - the university I'm going to is fine with that, though, since I'm going to be leaving fairly soon.

Hah, fine fine, I'll post on the art forum. Just... don't expect much, 'kay?

Also yay for things in common! :D
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

D. Weg

• Super-Newbie
  • SSSS, filk, band, flute, cats, Irish music
« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2015, 09:51:27 PM »
Hello, SSSS Veterans!

I started posting comments as DaveBro, which apparently messed up actually registering under that userid for Disqus.  I am from the Georgia in the USA, retired from the Army Reserve, working as a traffic engineer, reading webcomics and pursuing a couple of musical hobbies.  The hobbies include playing flute in the Seed & Feed Marching Abominable, as well as occasionally accompanying singers at housefilks & conventions, plus singing, myself.  (Filk is the folk music of SF & Fantasy fandom; more participatory than Wizard Rock (Potterverse), for instance.)  I am 0.85 Tronds.

Fluent in English, Fair in Norsk (bokmaal), muddle through Svensk og Dansk, and Very Rusty in Izlensku.

thatrankles

« Reply #297 on: February 01, 2015, 11:33:15 PM »
Hi, I've been with the comic for a middling amount of time, I started on around page 155 give or take, but definitely before the giant showed up.  I am male, aged between Lalli and Tuuri, I live in the United States, specifically Maine. I am an engineering student in university, though I am currently taking a break from that to pursue other goals. I'm not really that interesting, I read books (I love Lord of the Rings, though not in a weird way), I play video games, watch some tv/anime, read webcomics, pretty standard stuff.  I like languages, but I've only managed to successfully learn one so far. I can't think of anything else right now, so I'll leave it at this.

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #298 on: February 02, 2015, 12:26:07 AM »
Hiya D. Weg! Welcome! You might want to take your musical skills the the SSSS Musical topic - they need musicians!

And Hiya to thatrankles as well!
My one-and-only: :uk:

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »
Welcome all! Please take some of Piney's complementary cookies while you stroll around :D
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr