Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581204 times)

Tindveden

• Drink Coffee! Do Stupid Things Faster with More En
  • Preferred pronouns: She, her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #4410 on: March 24, 2021, 09:02:39 AM »
Hi everyone!

I think I wrote one or two posts on this Board in 2017. Without introducing myself  O_O.

I promised myself that I would not write anything again until I wrote an introduction here. It's been on my ToDo list since 2017. In the meantime I've written more than 1000 posts on sssscomic.com. So, obviously, the problem is not related to writing and posting per se.

It's just that I want the avatar and nick to be the same on both SSSS platforms, and I especially want the luxury of being anonymous, and not having to censor my posts for anything, except for giveaways. On all other platforms where I appear I use my full name and picture, and I have to take into account that I will meet a number of other posters/users in real life - and that means a lot less freedom to say what I really think and feel at the moment.

Tindveden is the name of a place on a fjord in Norway, named for the tindved bushes with yellow berries that grow there (aka havtorn, seaberry, sea buckthorn, Hippophae rhamnoides). The berries make a nice jam, but I chose the name because I liked to walk the route along the sea, all by myself.

- Well, I didn't get to keep that walk all to myself, lots of people there nowadays, haha -   ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 09:12:19 AM by Tindveden »

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #4411 on: March 24, 2021, 09:03:47 AM »
Anyone got a spare couch? ;)

I don't know about couches, but I'm sure the blanket/pillow fort has something cozy for you to curl up on.  ;D
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4412 on: March 24, 2021, 09:26:17 AM »
Welcome, TheOneThatGotAway and Tindveden! Oh, I have not seen this forum as active as it is right now before! Great to meet you, new Minnions! Welcome and enjoy your stay! :sparkle:
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #4413 on: March 24, 2021, 09:40:07 AM »
Welcome back Tindveden!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4414 on: March 24, 2021, 10:20:19 AM »
Welcome welcome Tindveden! The place you named yourself after sounds lovely!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

danckert

• life is soup, I am fork
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them (de/dem)
« Reply #4415 on: March 24, 2021, 10:46:29 AM »
Hi! My profile is actually from 2014-2015, but I'm back because of the Zealot bunnieZ ruckus. I'm not the same person I was in 2014, so I decided to make a new introduction...

My name is Oda and I live in western Norway. I'm introverted but not shy, often taken for an extrovert. I use they/them pronouns (agender).

I spend most of my time indoors because of annoying chronical illness stuff. When I have the spoons, I like to go for walks with friends, play Pokemon Go, read, cook, and bury myself in The Internets. Some creative stuff - photos, make up new dishes, writing... Haven't had it in me to work at languages for many years, so it's just Norwegian and English (and I understand and read Swedish and most Danish). Dreaming of learning Italian and Icelandic, one day.

Not sure why I left this forum to begin with, I think I just forgot? But it feels nice to be here again. <3
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 05:02:13 AM by danckert »
don't limit yourself to panicking at the disco
panic everywhere
follow your wildest, most anxious dreams

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #4416 on: March 24, 2021, 11:02:46 AM »
Welcome back danckert! It's nice to have you back!

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4417 on: March 24, 2021, 05:03:41 PM »
I don't know about couches, but I'm sure the blanket/pillow fort has something cozy for you to curl up on.  ;D
YAY!  ;D

Also, throwing in my welcome to everyone else who re/joined around the same time I did: danckert, Tindveden, TheOneThatGotAway, Blabo, Raffie, and Songbird! :)
It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #4418 on: March 24, 2021, 06:08:27 PM »
Welcome to you all, I'm not even going to try to list everyone, plus then I'd be ignoring the people who have been trickling in over the months who I haven't welcomed because I don't visit this thread often.

Seconded.

I don't usually know what to say other than 'hi there', and there always seem to be other people doing that, so while I do look at the thread occasionally I don't often post in it. And when I do think I might post something I think 'but I didn't welcome the last twenty people, will it look funny that I said something to this one?' so I don't usually post then either.

But welcome, everybody, anyway!

Maple

« Reply #4419 on: March 24, 2021, 06:24:29 PM »
I guess I should say something here too.

Hi there! I'm Maple, and I hope I didn't snag this username from anyone else because I was so surprised to see it not taken when I registered. I've been reading SSSS for about three years now, but I didn't really take the plunge into the message board or the comments section until recently. (You can probably guess why, but I'll keep that part short since I would rather be positive here.)

I'm from Michigan in the US, and most of my days are spent working (I'm a teacher assistant at an elementary school, working towards my master's degree so I can have my own classroom someday), reading books and webcomics, and playing Dungeons & Dragons. I also like to write and sometimes post fanfiction to Ao3 (nothing SSSS yet, though I have Plans), though that is sporadic because I prefer to finish a work and post it all at once rather than do weekly updates.

Thanks for being such a welcoming community!

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #4420 on: March 24, 2021, 06:27:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum Maple!

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4421 on: March 24, 2021, 07:01:07 PM »
Welcome, Most Delicious of Refined Tree Sap! :)

It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

LetsEatBees

• Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #4422 on: March 24, 2021, 10:37:26 PM »
Hello All,
I’ve been meaning to introduce myself for some time; I have had a busy schedule and felt I could put that off for a bit longer. However after the recent events of the past few days I figured it was about time to do the polite thing and say hello.

I am LetsEatBees (Bees, or Beezy for short) I live in Alberta, Canada , I take a business administration course (Diploma), and English is my native language and currently the only language I speak. I have followed Stand Still Stay Silent since about September 2017, What stuck out to me was just how welcoming and active the fanbase was despite the relative obscurity of SSSS, the dedication of the fans here is a treat and has made my limited experience with the fandom one-of-a-kind.

I might not be all that active; the one creative endeavor I have been trying is writing. I have some SSSS fic ideas, as well as an original fiction I have been trying to get myself to make progress on, but I am a bit quiet otherwise.
Whatever the case may be; I hope that I can be a pleasant presence for the people around me.
Native: English
We're Looking Into The Future, Chuck
"Flammable undiagrammable sentiments Pass between animal beings"

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #4423 on: March 25, 2021, 04:49:31 AM »
Hi there! I'm Maple, and I hope I didn't snag this username from anyone else because I was so surprised to see it not taken when I registered.
Since I've seen this concern mentioned twice today, I've run an actual test to confirm my understanding. The registration form does block people from using a username that is already registered.

(As opposed to Disqus, where you can get your actual ID from them or a number of 3rd party ID systems, which means that the uniqueness of any IDs is limited to that provider in the first place, and then you get to choose whatever screen name you like, including the possibility to duplicate someone else's. Which is one (of several) important reason why I'm still posting as a guest, instead of using an account: I have been impersonated in the comments, but switching to an account doesn't provide a iota more protection against that happening.)

(... aaaand welcome to all the newcomers, of course. Sorry, I'm not the type to whack y'all with the Welcome Bell individually. :lalli: )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #4424 on: March 25, 2021, 08:27:42 AM »
a big  🎉🎊WELCOME🎊🎉  to all new members!!!!!!! goodness, there's so many now :-)
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05: