Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580892 times)

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2015, 11:13:22 AM »
Why are all the cookies shaped like squirrels? I mean, squirrels are delicious and all, but is there some deeper meaning I am failing to comprehend?
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »
nah, they're just squirrel-cookies. Be glad, TWC voters only get normal cookies (but I'll try to ask for Mikkel's recipe next time he's on the radio)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »
Did *squirrel* cookies get started on the comic's Disqus pages?  That's where I recall first seeing them.

Anyway, forum newcomers who stick around long enough to become Safe-Zone Citizens get cake and coffee at their citizenship ceremony, in Swedish fika style. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »
Did *squirrel* cookies get started on the comic's Disqus pages?  That's where I recall first seeing them.

Anyway, forum newcomers who stick around long enough to become Safe-Zone Citizens get cake and coffee at their citizenship ceremony, in Swedish fika style.

I take you shall be the one paying for all this?  ;)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2015, 02:19:16 PM »
I take you shall be the one paying for all this?  ;)

As the Forum's first Welcome-Wagon lady, I host the receptions for new citizens, scouts, rangers, and so forth.  I supply the cake and coffee by maaaaaagic. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2015, 02:20:43 PM »
Why are all the cookies shaped like squirrels? I mean, squirrels are delicious and all, but is there some deeper meaning I am failing to comprehend?
If I recall correctly, starfallz made cookies and shared the pictures with people in the chat, and somehow it... got out of control after that.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Zithpith

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2015, 02:23:07 PM »
Wow, I look away for a second (or a day... details, details...), and zap - two new names at once! Welcome, both of you!

I hope you'll enjoy your stay for a long, long time. :)

Thanks, and I'll return the favor by responding to you after two days muahaha. (one and a half I guess)

Hello and welcome to the community! Hope you decide to stay, we're nice people. And we have cookies! ;)

*Takes three*

Much obliged. :D

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2015, 03:26:34 PM »
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

PaperArtillery

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Riflekorporal 1. klasse Johansen
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2015, 03:06:32 AM »
Greetings to all. Glad I could join the community; I speak English natively, and have solid understanding of German and Norwegian short of esoteric vocabulary. By association I can usually figure out Swedish and Danish, but can only respond in German and Norwegian; working to learn Icelandic. Was introduced to SSSS through the "languages" posts regarding Scandinavian languages.
Eg fekk min siste ordre i frå høgaste befal og han skreik / 170 gå å sjå om det er klart!

:us: EN :de: DE :no: NO :ru: RU :il: JI

:artd::book1+:
:book2::book3::book4:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2015, 03:29:21 AM »
Greetings to all. Glad I could join the community; I speak English natively, and have solid understanding of German and Norwegian short of esoteric vocabulary. By association I can usually figure out Swedish and Danish, but can only respond in German and Norwegian; working to learn Icelandic. Was introduced to SSSS through the "languages" posts regarding Scandinavian languages.

Welcome aboard and you have a good and long stay in here

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2015, 03:30:25 AM »

Welcome!

I'm curious about your forum icon, so full of symbols.  Would you care to explain any of those for us?  And I believe you said on the main comic page that you have a military background.  That would certainly come in handy discussing many of our topics, plus be a point in common with quite a few other members.

PaperArtillery

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Riflekorporal 1. klasse Johansen
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2015, 03:54:12 AM »
Welcome!

I'm curious about your forum icon, so full of symbols.  Would you care to explain any of those for us?  And I believe you said on the main comic page that you have a military background.  That would certainly come in handy discussing many of our topics, plus be a point in common with quite a few other members.
My avatar was intended to be somewhat deliberately "Illuminati"-esque, so while almost everything thereupon has some meaning, it's not terribly "deep".  The heraldic raven is purely because it's my "animal", spiritually or otherwise; the cross is religion-related; the key regards unlocking secrets; the rifle is the silhouette of the Russian Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 (of which I own two, one Soviet, one Finnish); the two chevrons are my E-4 pay grade from my military days (as is the "teardrop" on the right, being half of the 29th Infantry Division insignia).  The Hebrew and alchemical symbols are things a little more personal to me, though all representing numbers, and "Nevermore" I chose because I'm such a fan of Poe.

As for the second bit, I serviced and operated telecom equipment, so I completely lack combat experience outright, but have some insights into other aspects of tactics and organisation.

EDIT: Also I love Kaizers Orchestra with all my heart, so...can anyone relate?

P.S. I am theoretically prepared for this kind of apocalypse as well.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:36:17 AM by PaperArtillery »
Eg fekk min siste ordre i frå høgaste befal og han skreik / 170 gå å sjå om det er klart!

:us: EN :de: DE :no: NO :ru: RU :il: JI

:artd::book1+:
:book2::book3::book4:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2015, 07:51:55 AM »
EDIT: Also I love Kaizers Orchestra with all my heart, so...can anyone relate?

EEEEEEE! Yes I can aaaugh I love them so much asdfghjkd

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »
Is that a 91/30 I spy?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2015, 08:00:17 PM »
Hi, I'm DancingRanger. You can also call me Matt or Gilbert(the name of one of my OCs). I am a gender fluid/ gender neutral person with Aspergers living in backwoods Kentucky. I play a lot of video games and D&D, write, and draw.(I don't bite if you ask for doodles). My main thing is to silently lurk the interwebs looking for awesome things and of course chat buddies. I'm also know as Bahamut's Regent on ChickenSmoothie, And BahamutRegent on Flight Rising (Woot; Go Icepapie!). My interests include dragons, and (almost) anything with feathered wings, oh and planes/spaceships/rockets. I am currently studying to become an aerospace engineer, and will possibly work for NASA some day.

I discovered SSSS through HIVE works' partnership with Flight Rising, and was instantly hooked.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: