Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581071 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #4020 on: May 21, 2020, 11:58:38 AM »
Welcome Molly!  :)

Now I'm curious about that "vampiric" side... Will we see something about in your drawings?
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #4021 on: May 22, 2020, 04:41:50 PM »
Welcome, Molly! Glad you're here.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4022 on: June 08, 2020, 10:22:42 PM »
Hi, I'm CeilingFan, and I started read SSSS back in February 2019 and have been in love with the story ever since! I mostly lurk (though sometimes I'll post comments) in the comment sections so I've never bothered to make a disqus account, heh. :V
:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4023 on: June 08, 2020, 11:39:12 PM »
Hello and welcome, Ceiling Fan! I had noticed you in the comments, and wondered about the name.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4024 on: June 09, 2020, 01:20:08 AM »
Ah, the thought process behind the name was just that I'm a fan of the comic, and a ceiling fan was the first type of fan that came to mind haha. I wasn't expecting to comment much, so I kind of just came up with the name on a whim and stuck with it :'D

(Though the Ceiling part may have been slightly influenced by that one ceiling troll - the one with all the wrinkles/skin folds and teeth - that Emil blew up during their first book search outing; I believe someone in the comments gave it the moniker of "CeilingPug" and in general that troll in particular had just stuck with me as being especially gross/horrifying to look at  :P)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:27:51 AM by CeilingFan »
:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4025 on: June 09, 2020, 05:48:04 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, CeilingFan  ;D

(that´s an amazing username by the way)
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #4026 on: June 09, 2020, 06:34:32 AM »
Wait, what do you mean I haven't greeted you yet? I must fix that right away! Welcome to the forum, CeilingFan!

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #4027 on: June 09, 2020, 07:12:05 AM »
Welcome, CeilingFan!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #4028 on: June 09, 2020, 09:44:41 AM »
Hello, CeilingFan! Welcome to the Forum!
When I made my Disqus account I haven't noticed that you could comment without one :) But it's useful to get notifications when somebody replies (or you can get notifications without an account?)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #4029 on: June 09, 2020, 01:01:49 PM »
Welcome, CeilingFan! Glad you decided to join the forum!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4030 on: June 10, 2020, 12:14:47 AM »
Welcome!  Ceiling Pug was a standout in terms of monster design, all right.  It's good to come have a look around hereabouts!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #4031 on: June 10, 2020, 10:49:50 AM »
When I made my Disqus account I haven't noticed that you could comment without one

You can?! I didn't know that.

And I've been using not having a Disqus account to keep myself from spending yet more time online commenting in yet more places. Maybe I'd better pretend that I still don't know that.

Also hello and welcome to everybody whose introductions I haven't been commenting on!

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #4032 on: June 10, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »
You can?! I didn't know that.

And I've been using not having a Disqus account to keep myself from spending yet more time online commenting in yet more places. Maybe I'd better pretend that I still don't know that.

Also hello and welcome to everybody whose introductions I haven't been commenting on!

Then please pretend that I'm not confirming here that you can. :D
(You just have to give a name - any name - and a email - any email, even an invented one, because they don't check - and prove that you're not a robot - you know the drill...)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #4033 on: June 11, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »
(You just have to give a name - any name - and a email - any email, even an invented one, because they don't check - and prove that you're not a robot - you know the drill...)
(FWIW, back when someone was impersonating my non-logged-in self for a couple pages, I made a Disqus account to see whether posting from that makes it harder to impersonate the poster. Long story short, it makes for a rather negligible difference.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Helium Owl

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4034 on: June 15, 2020, 07:52:04 AM »
Greetings!

I've been a lurker for so long of both a Red Tail's Dream and Stand Still, Stay Silent that I thought well why not finally get involved with the community!

I am from Russia, and currently living in England, which essentially means I speak 2.5 languages and don't know any of them. I've been trying to draw for even longer, now around 15 years? Never mastered it or gone beyond basic portraits with questionable noses, but The Incident made me realise that I only have so much time.

Generally, every time I see Minna's works, I feel inspired to draw or to create both illustrations, comics, or that pesky thing that is practicing and learning something new. So there's a certain level of giddiness of getting involved with the community surrounding ARTD and SSSS!