Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580846 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2015, 09:57:21 PM »
Hello! I am Eris. I have been reading SSSS for a while, and I joined the forum a while ago, but I never knew what to post!

I am from the Midwest in the USA. I'm a gamer and a nerd. I'm trying to learn Japanese, but I'm not very successful.

Not THE Eris, Elder Daughter of Chaos?!   ;)

Thanks for formally introducing yourself.  We're familiar with all your delightful comments on the Disqus pages and here.

Re: Japanese, we have at least one member *in* Japan (teaching English, IIRC) and another (starfallz) who used to teach English in Japan, so they should have at least some Japanese knowledge to share.  And with so many language mavens here, there are probably other Japanese speakers as well.

So again, welcome.

Sunflower
Forum-Skald

P.S.  Your forum icon is lovely!  What inspired it?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:01:46 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

AwsomelyNotAwsome

« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2015, 05:24:44 PM »
Hello there fellow minions! Second post on the forum (First being asking about the signature flags) I'm AwsomelyNotAwsome, same on Disqus. Not that I post anything, just lurking around. I found SSSS when I was looking for a new web comic and this was the one that most interesting on TWC. Read all the way to the Chapter 5 break in one day, and to my luck the break ended the next day. Have been religiously reading this since then. I'm 1 Tuomi old, and I have social anxiety and OCPD. It's a miracle that I'm even posting here, but after a long time and the fact that here is such a amazing community I decided to join. I was born in Slovakia, lived for 7~8 years in California, SanFran, then moved back to Slovakia where I live currently. In my free time I play airsoft, read, draw (jk, I can't draw :P) and play videogames on PC. 8th year of school, would like to become a architect and in an ideal situation I'd like to learn Swedish and move to Sweden. So yeah, that's about it. i'm just gonna leave now. bye *slowly exits and closes the door quietly*

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2015, 05:30:03 PM »
Hello there fellow minions! Second post on the forum (First being asking about the signature flags) I'm AwsomelyNotAwsome, same on Disqus. Not that I post anything, just lurking around. I found SSSS when I was looking for a new web comic and this was the one that most interesting on TWC. Read all the way to the Chapter 5 break in one day, and to my luck the break ended the next day. Have been religiously reading this since then. I'm 1 Tuomi old, and I have social anxiety and OCPD. It's a miracle that I'm even posting here, but after a long time and the fact that here is such a amazing community I decided to join. I was born in Slovakia, lived for 7~8 years in California, SanFran, then moved back to Slovakia where I live currently. In my free time I play airsoft, read, draw (jk, I can't draw :P) and play videogames on PC. 8th year of school, would like to become a architect and in an ideal situation I'd like to learn Swedish and move to Sweden. So yeah, that's about it. i'm just gonna leave now. bye *slowly exits and closes the door quietly*
Welcome! We're all nice here, I promise

You could try talking to Lars_B here on the forum, he does some work with architectural firms in Sweden I believe :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

AwsomelyNotAwsome

« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »
Welcome! We're all nice here, I promise

You could try talking to Lars_B here on the forum, he does some work with architectural firms in Sweden I believe :)

Thank you! :D Lars_B you say? Good to know, I can contact him in *checks calendar* 4~6 years from now on. Yeahhh, that will go perfectly.  ;)

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »
Thank you! :D Lars_B you say? Good to know, I can contact him in *checks calendar* 4~6 years from now on. Yeahhh, that will go perfectly.  ;)
Well, Minna has said she is planning a really long storyline, so odds are the forum will still be there at that point! :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

AwsomelyNotAwsome

« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2015, 06:11:10 PM »
Well, Minna has said she is planning a really long storyline, so odds are the forum will still be there at that point! :)

Really?  :o Excellent... I won't go crazy for the next few years then. I don't even want to imagine the dreaded chapter breaks. *shudders*

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »
Really?  :o Excellent... I won't go crazy for the next few years then. I don't even want to imagine the dreaded chapter breaks. *shudders*

I mostly lurk in the forum but come join us in the chat!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2015, 03:46:11 AM »
Hello everyone!

After being kindly greeted by Sunflower here i decided to do his suggestion of introducing myself to the forums.
Well i'm a finnish first year highschool student who has quite a big intrest in history of Finland and the mythology of the nordics as a whole. With my spare time that i have plenty i have taken intresting in reading quite a few online forums and have taken part in some theorycrafting around the web mostly around Game of Thrones and other fantasy books like that. Still if people know me it's most likely from any game forums that i quite often inhabit and i have seen some familiar faces from years back back.

Thing that got me hooked to this said comic was most likely the fact it quite literally hit the spot. Magic, Nordic mythology, Finns, a post apolyptic world. With all the good stuff being there it wasn't a long process for me to get quite immersed. I started lurking this thing way back when the first few pages of the finns were released and have come back more or less randomly ( this time what reminded me was a wikipedia article about kalevala where there was a link to Minnas other comic and after reading that i realized being back here. ) but always enjoying my time spent here.

Now that my intrigue for these kind of this has grown quite a bit i beliave my stay will be far longer than before and  think i will come back here far more often than before. Anyways good to see you all!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:52:19 AM by FinnishViking »

Zithpith

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2015, 03:03:10 PM »
Hello folks, new lurker member reporting in. I pretty much stumbled upon the web comic then this forum by chance, took one look around and decided I liked the look of the place. I'm a 21 year old college student from Florida, so I know the native language (ie spanish  ;)) and english.

I guess that's about it for now.

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »
Wow, I look away for a second (or a day... details, details...), and zap - two new names at once! Welcome, both of you!

I hope you'll enjoy your stay for a long, long time. :)
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2015, 08:25:57 PM »
Hello folks, new lurker member reporting in. I pretty much stumbled upon the web comic then this forum by chance, took one look around and decided I liked the look of the place. I'm a 21 year old college student from Florida, so I know the native language (ie spanish  ;)) and english.

I guess that's about it for now.

Hello and welcome to the community! Hope you decide to stay, we're nice people. And we have cookies! ;)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2015, 06:41:11 AM »
I never got the cookies :(
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2015, 06:47:42 AM »
Wow, I look away for a second (or a day... details, details...), and zap - two new names at once! Welcome, both of you!

I hope you'll enjoy your stay for a long, long time. :)

That is the plan as of now and i do admit already spending way too long stalking this place  :P

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2015, 10:08:37 AM »
I never got the cookies :(
*gives you cookies*

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

P__

« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2015, 10:30:17 AM »
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: