Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581491 times)

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3765 on: June 29, 2019, 12:17:17 PM »
Welcome, Tem and Emily! It's good to have you both around :D
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

itstricky

• Tumblr
« Reply #3766 on: June 30, 2019, 02:05:15 AM »
Hello, i'm Tricky.

I have been reading SSSS for literally years but this is the first time I have decided to reach out to the community. I speak English, Hindi and Japanese and I currently live in the Midwest of the US, but I will be studying in Japan once September rolls around.

I used to have a tradition where I would reread the comic once it started to be cold outside, it was a fun way of welcoming in the winter season. This last read through apparently really got to me though because now my google shopping recommendations include things like the Kalevala (which I have yet to read  :( ) and baby carriers for my cat (who adopted me, but I didn't resist, back in December)

Reading SSSS brings out so much creative energy in me, I have always been able to imagine elaborate worlds in my head but my favorite may always be the SSSS world. I owe a lot of joy to this comic and I want to get to know everyone else who loves it just as much as I do.

lets be friends!!!
It never hurts to give thanks to the local Gods. You never know who might be hungry.
Fluent: :usa:  Yes: :japan:  Enough: :germany: :mexico: And Hindi!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3767 on: June 30, 2019, 02:23:05 AM »
Friends indeed, Tricky! Welcome to our merry crew. I hope you will find lots to talk about here.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #3768 on: June 30, 2019, 03:06:59 PM »
Hello, Tricky, and welcome in the community! You won't regret your decision to reach out to us!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3769 on: July 01, 2019, 09:49:26 AM »
Welcome, Tricky! Glad you're reaching out :) Are you going to Japan for a study-abroad program?
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3770 on: July 01, 2019, 04:09:28 PM »
Many hellos and welcomes!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

rini

• Super-Newbie
    • DeviantArt
  • jack of all trades, master of none :'))
  • Preferred pronouns: they/it
« Reply #3771 on: August 05, 2019, 11:31:41 AM »
Heya everyone! I'm Rinpa!
I'm from Finland and I live in a small town which is a part of Kanta-Häme. I'm a native Finnish speaker and I speak English almost fluently. I'm currently studying Swedish and German in school, but I'm very bad at both.
I got into SSSS very recently when compared to most here, only during this summer. A friends friend recommended it to me, and I binged all the pages in a few days. I fell in love with the writing and characters instantly, and I hope to buy the hardcover books someday.
The youtube video about 'self-fanart' Minna made gave me the push I needed to finally start my own webcomic, so I'm glad to her about that too!
I'm not very good with forums such as this, so I'll most likely resort to lurking for the most part, but I still hope to meet new people and chat about fun things!
An artist, lurking in the dark...

---
Native: :fi:
Almost as good as a native: :eng:
Tried/forced to learn in school: :de: , :se:

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #3772 on: August 05, 2019, 12:16:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Rinpa!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3773 on: August 05, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »
Rinpa, glad you are here! I am sure you will find interesting folk to chat with.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3774 on: August 06, 2019, 05:46:44 AM »
Hello Rinpa, there are a few other Minnions with webcomics in development, and I would love to hear about yours!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3775 on: August 14, 2019, 02:05:24 AM »
Welcome, Rinpa! I like how sparkly your avatar is
Butter good.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #3776 on: August 14, 2019, 11:32:04 AM »
Heya everyone! I'm Rinpa!
I'm from Finland and I live in a small town which is a part of Kanta-Häme. I'm a native Finnish speaker and I speak English almost fluently. I'm currently studying Swedish and German in school, but I'm very bad at both.
I got into SSSS very recently when compared to most here, only during this summer. A friends friend recommended it to me, and I binged all the pages in a few days. I fell in love with the writing and characters instantly, and I hope to buy the hardcover books someday.
The youtube video about 'self-fanart' Minna made gave me the push I needed to finally start my own webcomic, so I'm glad to her about that too!
I'm not very good with forums such as this, so I'll most likely resort to lurking for the most part, but I still hope to meet new people and chat about fun things!

Hi Rinpa! Welcome to the Minniondom, we're glad to have you!
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3777 on: September 01, 2019, 09:29:22 AM »
Hello!

I made it here! Mostly because Disqus won’t let me post or reply at the moment, but also because the Gods of the Interner smiled upon me and let my registration through after only about five errors. Last time I tried I got tired of trying.

Soo, I’m a Finnish fan, old enough to have teenage sons. I got hooked early this year (2019) and binged Adventure One. Adventure Two had already began, but I tried to hold off for a while to avoid waiting. It didn’t work. So for a while now I’ve been actively commenting on the page comments and spreading Haikus and sometimes other poetry, as well as various tidbits I can dig up because of being a native speaker of Finnish. Irritatingly I have work and family, which consume a lot of time that could otherwise be spent on SSSS!  :haw:

Also you can totally look me in the eyes. There is no hive mind or anything. At all. Promise!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #3778 on: September 01, 2019, 09:42:38 AM »
Hello Jitter, and welcome to the forum!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Might just be a Disqus thing, then.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3779 on: September 01, 2019, 10:14:16 AM »
Yeah I figured it probably is Disqus as there doesn’t seem to be any activity at all. Let’s try and wait it out!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.