Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581171 times)

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3645 on: December 02, 2018, 03:51:19 PM »
Welcome Bhaskara, Failed Forerunner and Nellie! :D
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

tragiccoyote

« Reply #3646 on: December 17, 2018, 12:44:27 AM »
Hey everyone! My name's Salem, and I'm 18, US-American, and nonbinary. I actually first got into SSSS a couple years ago but subsequently stopped keeping up with it until two days ago when I came back and read the whole thing in one sitting. I'm a native English speaker and a conversational Spanish speaker, and I also know bits and pieces of French, Russian, and German. Linguistics is my passion, and it's what I plan to go to university for once I have enough money! I'm also really into maps and history, but not in a "the Wehrmacht was so cool, what is a war crime" kinda way, if you know what I mean.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3647 on: December 17, 2018, 01:01:03 AM »
Salem/Coyote, hello and welcome! Your interests will fit right in here! Did you know we have a Languages thread here on the Forum? And that is one epic binge-read!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3648 on: December 17, 2018, 04:54:34 AM »
Welcome, Salem! A lot of people here have similar interests re: language and history, so you're in good company :D
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

JacobThomsen

« Reply #3649 on: December 17, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »
Hey everyone!
Hey Salem :D and welcome to the forum :squirrelcookie:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Bhaskara

• Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #3650 on: December 19, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »
Welcome about Salem!
“What is an anarchist? One who, choosing, accepts the responsibility of choice.”
Ursula K. Le Guin

peeweevireo

« Reply #3651 on: December 23, 2018, 10:22:52 PM »
Hello! My name is Eileen (or Ei...?) and I have never used a forum before! I'm sixteen and from Canada, and I'm really glad I found a thread like this because I have been trying to figure out this forum for like a week and this looks like a good place to start... I've been reading ssss for about 2.5 years now, but I only recently started interacting with the fandom. Sometimes I draw things related to ssss on my tumblr (under the username eikaas) which is fun. I like drawing in general and.... maths and literature in not-English(?). Alsoooo I show up on twitch a lot (with this username) for Minna's livestreams on Saturdays. I've seen a lot of people on this forum there. It's, like, consistently the highlight of my week ;> (Now I will hit the post button and hope all will turn out well)

Róisín

« Reply #3652 on: December 23, 2018, 11:58:52 PM »
Peeweevireo, welcome. Is your username like the birds?

peeweevireo

« Reply #3653 on: December 24, 2018, 12:42:26 AM »
Peeweevireo, welcome. Is your username like the birds?
Yeah! It's from when I used to go birdwatching yeeeears ago

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3654 on: December 24, 2018, 03:32:58 AM »
Welcome Ei (or would Peewee be better?)! Good to see you figuring out the forum :D
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

JacobThomsen

« Reply #3655 on: December 24, 2018, 08:09:04 AM »
Hello!
Hell and welcome to the forum Eileen :D  :squirrelcookie:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3656 on: December 24, 2018, 06:18:27 PM »
Welcome peeweevireo/Eikaas/Ei!  I've admired your drawings immensely when I've seen them on Tumblr, I do hope you check out how to share them on here.  From memory, there is a post either pinned to the SSSS Board, or among the first posts in the SSSS Art Museum thread giving hints on how to post images here.  I've been able to post Tumblr-hosted images successfully, once I figured out how (I have to use a desktop, not my phone).
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

peeweevireo

« Reply #3657 on: December 25, 2018, 12:04:35 AM »
hellooo everyone who said hello to me! And Meb, I'm finally able to talk to people on this forum! (usually I use Ei, but if people shorten my username to peewee, that's cool too  :D )

And thank you, Wave! For admiring my drawings! I'll... figure that art museum out next!

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #3658 on: December 30, 2018, 09:44:49 AM »
Eeeeeee, finally! No idea what I did differently, but it was nice to not get yet another error message.  :)

Hi everyone, I'm not much of a forum joiner but you seem like a friendly, diverse, creative, and interesting lot. I stumbled on SSSS a couple of years ago and was instantly enchanted; there are lots of webcomics that I've followed for a while and then dropped, but I've stuck with SSSS. And I actively avoid the comments on pretty well all webcomics, but not this one. I nearly always learn something!

I'm Canadian, sadly only functional in English, can struggle along in French (was functionally bilingual at the end of high school, but if you don't use it, you lose it), took a year each of German and Latin, and I'm a word nerd so I've picked up bits and pieces of other languages. Also Greek and Latin roots used in scientific terms - I'm a biologist, and I like knowing what things mean.

I probably won't be very active on here, but at least now I can chip in if I'd like to!
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Róisín

« Reply #3659 on: December 30, 2018, 10:38:22 AM »
Vulpes, hello and welcome! And might that logo be as foxy as your name?