Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580933 times)

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3540 on: July 14, 2018, 05:05:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum Seth :D
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3541 on: July 14, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »
Welcome Seth.

...We have an irc?... Who even uses IRC anymore?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Morgan

• Scout
  • aka UrsaMinoris
  • Preferred pronouns: Her/she
« Reply #3542 on: July 17, 2018, 04:07:08 PM »
I guess this is where I start

My name is Seth, if you couldn't tell by the username. I am a 24 year old Brit, who has a love of languages and cultures, but doesn't have the memory to learn any languages.
I've been lurking since the Dalahasten and have finally decided to come out of hiding. I usually stay away from fandoms because they have a tendency to be toxic but after chatting with some of you and seeing how wholesome you all are, I've decided to become a member of the Minnions.

I'm fluent in English and while I used to know a bit of Latin and Japanese, my memory is terrible and I've since forgotten about 90% of what I used to know. Despite this, I am always interested in learning about new cultures and languages, even if my retention is awful. Maybe one day I'll figure out a way of learning languages that'll stick for me, when I do, I plan on re-learning what I knew, and learning many different languages, starting with the Scandinavian Languages.

I look forward to enjoying your company here, on the IRC, and in the Twitch chats and SSSS comment sections, which I plan on not lurking on soon.

Yes! Welcome, Seth:squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Welcome Seth.

dude I don't even know what an IRC is
Fluent: :canada: :france:
Learning: :germany: :russia:
Can (mostly) count to ten and say a few words: :southkorea:

my art: instagram.com/the_great_tree_massacre
:chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #3543 on: July 17, 2018, 10:21:57 PM »
Welcome Jamie (love your avatar image!) and Seth!

dude I don't even know what an IRC is

You young whippersnappers! Get off my lawn!! :'D
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #3544 on: July 17, 2018, 10:49:22 PM »
Welcome welcome Seth!
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3545 on: July 30, 2018, 12:51:55 PM »
Welcome Seth.

This is relevant.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Superdark33

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Magnificent Coatl
« Reply #3546 on: July 30, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »
https://webchat.quakenet.org

Server: #SSSS

A fair number of us use IRC in fact!

Incumbent cutest and prettiest member of the fandom

Currently scheming....

WhatLive?

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: She/They
« Reply #3547 on: August 06, 2018, 02:14:50 AM »
Im WhatLive, I mostly draw and write comics but I also appreciate the beauty that is memes. I first read SSSS a while ago, but then dropped it (dont remember why). I don’t really have a favorite character but Lalli and Reynir are the most fun to draw. I live in the US, I only speak English but I’d like to learn another language at some point.

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #3548 on: August 06, 2018, 02:31:31 AM »
Welcome aboard WhatLive! The Mead Moose should be along shortly, but in the meantime have some cookies! :squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie:
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3549 on: August 06, 2018, 06:51:19 AM »
A hearty welcome to all the newcomers I have missed in the last few months! Life has been rolling over me a bit, and I haven't been here as much as I might wish. Welcome to all, and hope to see a bit more of everyone now!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3550 on: August 07, 2018, 06:32:31 PM »
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

irlkaijugroupie

« Reply #3551 on: August 12, 2018, 11:06:43 PM »
Im WhatLive, I mostly draw and write comics but I also appreciate the beauty that is memes. I first read SSSS a while ago, but then dropped it (dont remember why). I don’t really have a favorite character but Lalli and Reynir are the most fun to draw. I live in the US, I only speak English but I’d like to learn another language at some point.

welcome welcome !!!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3552 on: August 13, 2018, 04:14:15 PM »
Welcome (in the intro thread this time)!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
« Reply #3553 on: August 14, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »
Hello, Fan Forum!

I am a long-time lurker and comic reader (from the distant days when Reynir was still quite nameless).
I've been burned by getting too close to fandoms before, but I've really been enjoying the recent livestreams and I guess I'm ready to be hurt again, ha. A little bit about me- I'm from the Eastern United States, I have a college degree in textiles and I'm really interested in archaeology and folklore. While I'm pretty dislocated from my family heritage, I have predominantly Finnish ancestry. I really enjoy cosplay projects and would love to do something SSSS related (although the mere thought of all that insulation in August gives me the Fear.) I also enjoy drawing and other various art-and-craft pursuits. I'm very attached to Tuuri and Onni, though I love the whole crew.

I don't know how active I'll be here, but, here I am! Please be gentle.

I've already gone through the 'Ethnic Diversity in SSSS' thread so I'm coming to you freshly traumatized...

Morgan

• Scout
  • aka UrsaMinoris
  • Preferred pronouns: Her/she
« Reply #3554 on: August 14, 2018, 04:21:26 PM »
Hello, Fan Forum!

I am a long-time lurker and comic reader (from the distant days when Reynir was still quite nameless).
I've been burned by getting too close to fandoms before, but I've really been enjoying the recent livestreams and I guess I'm ready to be hurt again, ha. A little bit about me- I'm from the Eastern United States, I have a college degree in textiles and I'm really interested in archaeology and folklore. While I'm pretty dislocated from my family heritage, I have predominantly Finnish ancestry. I really enjoy cosplay projects and would love to do something SSSS related (although the mere thought of all that insulation in August gives me the Fear.) I also enjoy drawing and other various art-and-craft pursuits. I'm very attached to Tuuri and Onni, though I love the whole crew.

I don't know how active I'll be here, but, here I am! Please be gentle.

I've already gone through the 'Ethnic Diversity in SSSS' thread so I'm coming to you freshly traumatized...

Welcome, Steadfast!! (May I call you that?)  :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: I hope you enjoy your time here, and if I could offer you some oven mitts so you aren't burned again, I would <3
Fluent: :canada: :france:
Learning: :germany: :russia:
Can (mostly) count to ten and say a few words: :southkorea:

my art: instagram.com/the_great_tree_massacre
:chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: