Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580817 times)

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3525 on: July 04, 2018, 06:39:07 PM »
Welcome newcomers!! I hope you have fun and find threads of your interest :D
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Virginiangoober

• Super-Newbie
  • Just a Goober living in Virginia
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3526 on: July 07, 2018, 12:27:03 AM »
Hey Everyone, I'm Virginiangoober

I'm just some random 26 year old dude who lives in the Eastern United States and has an affinity for heavy metal, Albert Camus and scary movies. I am also unfortunately monolingual (English) and can only make out a few phrases of Greek at best.

Other than that, It's nice to meet you all.  :V
Native: English (American)

Barely enough to get by: Greek, Swedish

irlkaijugroupie

« Reply #3527 on: July 07, 2018, 12:48:30 AM »

I'm just some random 26 year old dude who lives in the Eastern United States and has an affinity for heavy metal, Albert Camus and scary movies. I am also unfortunately monolingual (English) and can only make out a few phrases of Greek at best.

Other than that, It's nice to meet you all.  :V

welcome !!!!!!

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #3528 on: July 08, 2018, 01:48:08 PM »
Welcome welcome Virginiangoober and everyone else I've missed!
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3529 on: July 08, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum Virginiangoober :D  :squirrelcookie:
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #3530 on: July 09, 2018, 04:32:01 AM »
So many newcomers, we'll have to expand the blanket fort! Welcome nemocard, UrchinMouth, Pawrunes, hexdit, irlkaijugroupie and Virginiangoober!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3531 on: July 09, 2018, 09:00:45 PM »
Hi all!

My name's Jamie. You can also call me Mebediel or Meb if you'd like. I'm 23 years old and working as a paralegal while I apply to graduate programs for medieval English literature. My sister introduced me to SSSS a few weeks back, and I caught up right before the most recent chapter break. At first I didn't want to make a forum account because I didn't know how much time I'd have to actually participate, but, as you can see, I caved pretty quickly.

Since we're also doing languages (one of my favorite things about this fandom is how invested everyone is in languages, btw!), English is my native language, and I can usually understand Mandarin, although I'm not as good at speaking, reading, or writing as I should be after having lived in China for 6 1/2 years and having one Chinese parent :P I also took Spanish for three years in high school, and I took Latin and Old English in college. Once I get a better at the languages I'm already working on, I'm going to try for French and/or Icelandic and/or Old Norse and/or Shanghainese as well!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

irlkaijugroupie

« Reply #3532 on: July 09, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »
Hi all!

My name's Jamie. You can also call me Mebediel or Meb if you'd like. I'm 23 years old and working as a paralegal while I apply to graduate programs for medieval English literature. My sister introduced me to SSSS a few weeks back, and I caught up right before the most recent chapter break. At first I didn't want to make a forum account because I didn't know how much time I'd have to actually participate, but, as you can see, I caved pretty quickly.

Since we're also doing languages (one of my favorite things about this fandom is how invested everyone is in languages, btw!), English is my native language, and I can usually understand Mandarin, although I'm not as good at speaking, reading, or writing as I should be after having lived in China for 6 1/2 years and having one Chinese parent :P I also took Spanish for three years in high school, and I took Latin and Old English in college. Once I get a better at the languages I'm already working on, I'm going to try for French and/or Icelandic and/or Old Norse and/or Shanghainese as well!

hello and welcome!!! i hope you'll enjoy your time here :D!! and thats super cool, good luck w/ learning !!!

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3533 on: July 10, 2018, 05:33:00 PM »
Hi Jami and welcome :squirrelcookie:
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #3534 on: July 11, 2018, 11:57:07 AM »
Welcome welcome Jamie!

That's a lot of languages! I wish my college offered Old English, that's so cool that you know it. If you haven't seen it already, we have a language board you might enjoy.
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3535 on: July 11, 2018, 09:22:19 PM »
Thanks guys!

Welcome welcome Jamie!

That's a lot of languages! I wish my college offered Old English, that's so cool that you know it. If you haven't seen it already, we have a language board you might enjoy.

Thanks! I was super lucky to have a great Old English professor, but I can't say that I know it very well. I'll definitely check out the language board!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

SethVal

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: Masculine/Neutral
« Reply #3536 on: July 13, 2018, 05:55:00 AM »
I guess this is where I start

My name is Seth, if you couldn't tell by the username. I am a 24 year old Brit, who has a love of languages and cultures, but doesn't have the memory to learn any languages.
I've been lurking since the Dalahasten and have finally decided to come out of hiding. I usually stay away from fandoms because they have a tendency to be toxic but after chatting with some of you and seeing how wholesome you all are, I've decided to become a member of the Minnions.

I'm fluent in English and while I used to know a bit of Latin and Japanese, my memory is terrible and I've since forgotten about 90% of what I used to know. Despite this, I am always interested in learning about new cultures and languages, even if my retention is awful. Maybe one day I'll figure out a way of learning languages that'll stick for me, when I do, I plan on re-learning what I knew, and learning many different languages, starting with the Scandinavian Languages.

I look forward to enjoying your company here, on the IRC, and in the Twitch chats and SSSS comment sections, which I plan on not lurking on soon.
Fluent: :england:
Attempting to learn: :norway: :sweden: :denmark: :finland: :iceland: :southkorea: :germany: :netherlands:
Used to Know: :japan:

Survivor: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3537 on: July 13, 2018, 09:14:49 AM »
Hi Seth!! Welcome!
Butter good.

irlkaijugroupie

« Reply #3538 on: July 13, 2018, 06:36:00 PM »
I guess this is where I start

My name is Seth, if you couldn't tell by the username. I am a 24 year old Brit, who has a love of languages and cultures, but doesn't have the memory to learn any languages.
I've been lurking since the Dalahasten and have finally decided to come out of hiding. I usually stay away from fandoms because they have a tendency to be toxic but after chatting with some of you and seeing how wholesome you all are, I've decided to become a member of the Minnions.

I'm fluent in English and while I used to know a bit of Latin and Japanese, my memory is terrible and I've since forgotten about 90% of what I used to know. Despite this, I am always interested in learning about new cultures and languages, even if my retention is awful. Maybe one day I'll figure out a way of learning languages that'll stick for me, when I do, I plan on re-learning what I knew, and learning many different languages, starting with the Scandinavian Languages.

I look forward to enjoying your company here, on the IRC, and in the Twitch chats and SSSS comment sections, which I plan on not lurking on soon.

nice to meet you seth! welcome !!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3539 on: July 13, 2018, 07:21:24 PM »
Hello & welcome to you, Seth.  As a longtime lurker, you likely know many of us around here, but I do invite you to dive into the treasure that is the SSSS Art Museum & SSSS Scriptorium threads, for all of your visual and other synaptic needs.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior