Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580898 times)

Narnia4Aslan

• Super-Newbie
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3465 on: April 13, 2018, 10:54:44 PM »
Hello Adventurers! It’s about time I introduce myself here!  :D  I have been following SSSS since the crew crossed into the Silent World. What an adventure it has been (and continues to be!). I really don’t remember how I first came across SSSS.

I follow two other webcomics, http://www.blindsprings.com/ (which is currently on a between-chapters hiatus) and http://batb.thecomicseries.com/ (an absolutely amazing re-telling and beautiful re-spinning of the tale as old as time!)

In real life I am a mid-twenties something gal that travels the United States as a medical imaging technician. My time zones vary from contract to contract and my online-interaction is quite sporadic and incremental. That being said, I must admit I’m addicted to “checking-in” on all three of “my” comics Every. Single. Day. -  even though SSSS updates four times a week, BatB updates twice a week and Blindsprings is on break! What is wrong with me? Let’s just say I do it for the comments!  ;D

I enjoy meeting new people and going on adventures. In my non-existent spare time I like to read (current favorite is “Til We Have Faces” by C. S. Lewis), watch BBC Earth (Blue Planet II is AMAZING!) and YouTube (“The Bucket List Family” = happiness) AND doodle on sticky notes (because I can never find real paper when I want it). If you decide to spy on me you might find me singing while I drive (and scaring the drivers behind me with my totally-safe-behind-the-wheel dancing!) and running my puppy (and scaring birds and beasts with our all-too-exuberant bouncy-ness.). If you want to stalk me on instagram my username is gnosrevir_melody (not sure how to link that). Nice to meet you all! I promise I’m stalking the threads here even when I don’t post. I’m watching you! Muahahahaha!

Adventure is out there!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 10:56:31 PM by Narnia4Aslan »

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3466 on: April 14, 2018, 09:28:28 PM »
Welcome Narnia4Aslan!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3467 on: April 15, 2018, 03:50:32 PM »
Hello Adventurers!
Hello and welcome Narnia4Aslan :squirrelcookie:
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Hearth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3468 on: April 16, 2018, 11:49:42 PM »
Hey! Might as well put something about myself here. I’m 17 and from the southeastern United States, which is a mostly okay place. I’m usually busy with schoolwork so probably won’t have the time to post or comment a lot. I just read a lot of fiction (mostly fantasy, some horror and sci fi) and comics/graphic novels/webcomics and try to write things like poetry and sometimes longer stories that I usually never show anyone. Also I’ve got two lovely cats. I found ssss nearly a month ago and it’s my new obsession, which is good because I’d been without one for a while! Just a warning that I overthink and worry about everything I write and it usually ends up sounding awkward, like this probably does. I’ve also never really shared anything of myself on the internet before, being a shy weirdo, but this seems like a friendly community with creative people that I’d like to join! So yeah, hopefully I’ll post something occasionally
Native: :usa:
Learned a little, forgot most of it: :france:
Learning: :vaticancity:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3469 on: April 17, 2018, 12:47:24 AM »
Zenik and Narnia4Aslan, hello and welcome to you both! Both of you sound like people who will fit in well here. Have fun!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JacobThomsen

« Reply #3470 on: April 17, 2018, 02:39:22 AM »
Hey!
Hey Zenik :D and welcome to the forum :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

casualHypocrite

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3471 on: April 20, 2018, 09:37:43 AM »
hello!
sugoi!

JacobThomsen

« Reply #3472 on: April 20, 2018, 05:47:14 PM »
hello!
Hello to you too casualHypocrite and welcome :D

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3473 on: April 20, 2018, 09:11:16 PM »
Welcome to casualHypocrite!  Are you ketchup or tomato sauce?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3474 on: April 21, 2018, 07:58:07 AM »
casualHypocrite, hello to you too. And welcome!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3475 on: April 22, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »
Welcome to casualHypocrite!  Are you ketchup or tomato sauce?
[notes casualHypocrite's signature actually answering that, modulo minor typo :P ]
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3476 on: April 22, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »
[notes casualHypocrite's signature actually answering that, modulo minor typo :P ]

Huh.  I was going with Urban Dictionary, "Japanese equivalent of either "awesome" or "awful". Most frequently used to mean the former, at least among westerners. ... Phrase to show excellence, coolness, and awesome powa supa dupa 100% for Japanase girls."
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

ShiroTheInternetGhost

• Super-Newbie
    • DeviantArt
  • Drawing, probably.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #3477 on: April 23, 2018, 09:07:19 AM »
( This is literally the first time interacted with the SSSS Community, so I'm a little nervous, but I'll introduce myself. )

Hola! I'm 15 turning 16, from the Midwest United States. I draw and animate obsessively, so I'm curious to see if I can share any SSSS Fan Art/Animations here. I only recently found SSSS, but I freaking love it, as I've gone back and read through the entirety of it thus far. I haven't interacted with fan forums at all until now, so I have no idea what I'm doing, but it'll be fun to stumble through figuring things out. I'll be online occasionally, due to being busy with school, but I'll try to post whenever I can. I suppose that's it, so... uh... Hi.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:08:56 AM by ShiroTheInternetGhost »
ew

Fluent: :usa:
Good Enough: :spain: 
Learning: :norway: :germany:

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3478 on: April 23, 2018, 11:33:48 AM »
Huh.  I was going with Urban Dictionary
Let me explain the trailing "sorry, my cheek isn't big enough to keep my tongue properly contained" emoticon to you ... ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JacobThomsen

« Reply #3479 on: April 23, 2018, 04:28:54 PM »
Hola!
Welcome to the forum ShiroTheInternetGhost :D :squirrelcookie: