Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581051 times)

CXuesong

• Super-Newbie
  • Gray Tabby Nerd
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3060 on: June 24, 2017, 12:11:31 PM »
Welcome at the forum!

The links to the minicomics don't work indeed, probably because the site hasn't updated for too long.
You can buy the ebook version of aRTD here. It says it has "40 pages of bonus content" so maybe that includes the mini comics too.
I don't think so. I don't have the PDF, but the print version already contains 33 pages of "bonus content", the minicomics not included.
Ah okay, thanks for the information. Too bad about the minicomics, then.

Well, so I found this ancient page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-redtail-s-dream-hardcover-print-drive . In "Hopeless Human Level", it can be inferred that bonus material and minicomics are not the same thing… Oh, okay. Just curious about the little sequel story in the minicomics… *sigh*

Anyway, thank you all for this. And now the Tampermonkey script I mentioned above also supports keyboard navigation for aRTD.
I'd better get rolling.

Fluent: :china:
Intermediate: :usa:

Avatar is from WikiMedia Commons, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3061 on: June 24, 2017, 09:27:09 PM »
Well, so I found this ancient page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-redtail-s-dream-hardcover-print-drive . In "Hopeless Human Level", it can be inferred that bonus material and minicomics are not the same thing… Oh, okay. Just curious about the little sequel story in the minicomics… *sigh*

Anyway, thank you all for this. And now the Tampermonkey script I mentioned above also supports keyboard navigation for aRTD.

Welcome, CXuesong! And if you have twitter, you could try asking Minna if she's able to fix those links. :)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

CXuesong

• Super-Newbie
  • Gray Tabby Nerd
« Reply #3062 on: June 27, 2017, 06:24:58 AM »
Welcome, CXuesong! And if you have twitter, you could try asking Minna if she's able to fix those links. :)

Hi, Luth! So the request has been sent. I will wait for it.
I'd better get rolling.

Fluent: :china:
Intermediate: :usa:

Avatar is from WikiMedia Commons, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.

elekia

• Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3063 on: June 27, 2017, 11:17:27 PM »
Hello, everyone, I'm elekia!  I haven't used forums or really been involved with fan communities for a long time now, but everyone here seems very nice so I didn't see a reason not to join this one.  I've been reading SSSS since around October of last year and I've been enjoying it immensely since!

I'm not quite sure what to write for my introduction, but I'm from the U.S. and currently attend college.  English is my first language, but I'm fairly fluent in the basics of Spanish and I'm currently taking German for my foreign language credit, though I'd love to become fluent in it.  Some of my hobbies include creative writing, drawing, reading, and politics.
fluent: :usa:
pretty good: :germany:
someday: :china: :finland:

started: :chap12:
survived: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #3064 on: June 27, 2017, 11:23:45 PM »
Hello, everyone, I'm elekia!  I haven't used forums or really been involved with fan communities for a long time now, but everyone here seems very nice so I didn't see a reason not to join this one.  I've been reading SSSS since around October of last year and I've been enjoying it immensely since!

I'm not quite sure what to write for my introduction, but I'm from the U.S. and currently attend college.  English is my first language, but I'm fairly fluent in the basics of Spanish and I'm currently taking German for my foreign language credit, though I'd love to become fluent in it.  Some of my hobbies include creative writing, drawing, reading, and politics.
Greetings elekia, and Welcome! It is always nice to have a new face around here.
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3065 on: June 28, 2017, 02:53:20 AM »
Elekia,hello and welcome! We're a fairly easygoing community, so you should be fine here. And. There is always plenty to talk about!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3066 on: June 28, 2017, 04:42:11 AM »
Hello, everyone, I'm elekia!
Welcome to the forum elekia :D
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3067 on: June 28, 2017, 09:19:40 AM »
Hæ and welcome, elekia! :)
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #3068 on: June 29, 2017, 11:16:48 AM »
Welcome elekia!  You came at a heck of a time.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Delightified

• Super-Newbie
  • Perpetual Lurker
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Obligatory Intro Post Is a Go
« Reply #3069 on: June 29, 2017, 04:14:01 PM »
Hey. The name's Delightified(Delight for short), long time SSSS Reader(ever since I think around Chapter 7?) but new to the forum. I write a ton, and occasionally I draw stuff. I have a particular interest in medieval fencing and historical weaponry, along with psychology, philosophy, and of course, media-related things. Particular film editing/directing and animation. Will probably ramble about that a lot.

But still, it's nice to meet you all!

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
Re: Obligatory Intro Post Is a Go
« Reply #3070 on: June 29, 2017, 04:46:54 PM »
Hey. The name's Delightified(Delight for short)
Welcome Delight nice to meet you too. You've chosen to arrive in very dark times.
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Delightified

• Super-Newbie
  • Perpetual Lurker
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3071 on: June 29, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
Welcome Delight nice to meet you too. You've chosen to arrive in very dark times.

With the newest page? Yes, I have indeed. Or, perhaps it is because we are in dark times I have chosen to arrive?

Who really knows?

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #3072 on: June 29, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »
Hey. The name's Delightified(Delight for short), long time SSSS Reader(ever since I think around Chapter 7?) but new to the forum. I write a ton, and occasionally I draw stuff. I have a particular interest in medieval fencing and historical weaponry, along with psychology, philosophy, and of course, media-related things. Particular film editing/directing and animation. Will probably ramble about that a lot.

But still, it's nice to meet you all!
Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to see the community grow.
Feel free to post some of your stuff on the forum, I'm sure many members would love to see it.
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3073 on: June 29, 2017, 09:40:21 PM »
Welcome to Delightified, there's still room in the Blanket Fort if we all budge up a bit. And if you are into Mediaeval weaponry, quite a few of us share that interest. Have you found the Reenactment thread yet? Might see you there.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

KiffyBee

• Super-Newbie
  • 'Sup.
« Reply #3074 on: June 30, 2017, 01:01:56 AM »
Hi there, everyone! Longtime Minna reader (Since ARTD started!) but a newbie to the forums. Not too good at intros, surry (o^o)

Uh... I love to draw and write, and I like discussing characters and their development! I've just spent twenty minutes trying to figure out which character is my favorite so I can put that here too but after a short bout of self-reflection, I love them all too much to choose.

If personality is anything to go by though, my spirit animal fylgja is probably Reynir :I